Hello, bit of a question for you all If I undergo training and attain my TMCPC will this count towards my 35 hours

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
TamNeko

Hello, bit of a question for you all If I undergo training and attain my TMCPC will this count towards my 35 hours

Post by TamNeko »

Hello, bit of a question for you all and I've tried to search the group for the answer so if this has been asked and I've missed I apologise.
If I undergo training and attain my TMCPC will this count towards my 35 hours of drivers CPC training?
shunnzo8

Re: Hello, bit of a question for you all If I undergo training and attain my TMCPC will this count towards my 35 hours

Post by shunnzo8 »

I did mine with RHA and it did
AndScoop

Re: Hello, bit of a question for you all If I undergo training and attain my TMCPC will this count towards my 35 hours

Post by AndScoop »

Training for your TM CPC usually don't.
Refresher courses after, most of them do count.
Best to check with the company that's providing the training!
jaiCinco

Post by jaiCinco »

It depends if the training centre is registered for drivers cpc, many are not as in their local area the budget cost providers are about
eddpeed70

Post by eddpeed70 »

Yes, i definitely got 35 hours of training from the rha when I did mine
todgamax8

Post by todgamax8 »

Yes, if your training provider is Jaupt approved they usually upload your hours for a small fee, think it was about £20 (few years ago though)
irvvering02

Post by irvvering02 »

Speak to the provider and the underwriting authority.
The DVSA (as was JAUPT) Requirements translated that there wasn't.alway enough "driver and driving specific related contant" to meet the standard, whereas other courses, structured differently (but same.contant, different order) could be set so as to.meet the requirements for 7, 14, 21, 28 or 35 hrs.
The one I did, counted, thought many don't and the courses have to be reviewed and resubmitted for approval so...
As the providers, not FB
TamNeko

Post by TamNeko »

irvvering02 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:07 pm Speak to the provider and the underwriting authority.
The DVSA (as was JAUPT) Requirements translated that there wasn't.alway enough "driver and driving specific related contant" to meet the standard, whereas other courses, structured differently (but same.contant, different order) could be set so as to.meet the requirements for 7, 14, 21, 28 or 35 hrs.
The one I did, counted, thought many don't and the courses have to be reviewed and resubmitted for approval so...
As the providers, not FB
I’ll check with the training provider prior to going ahead to make sure
LiaNicer

Post by LiaNicer »

Some training providers will register some of the course with the DVSA (JAUPT).
Personally as a trainer I'm very much against it. I deliver the course with the aim of giving my delegates the best possible chance of passing, not to keep within the tight bounds of JAUPT's rigid requirements.
Not being snobbish but it's a management course, designed and delivered differently to a Drivers CPC.
pacain22

Post by pacain22 »

LiaNicer wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:09 pm Some training providers will register some of the course with the DVSA (JAUPT).
Personally as a trainer I'm very much against it. I deliver the course with the aim of giving my delegates the best possible chance of passing, not to keep within the tight bounds of JAUPT's rigid requirements.
Not being snobbish but it's a management course, designed and delivered differently to a Drivers CPC.
totally agree it makes the job of teaching much harder, no flexibility.
jotinery15

Post by jotinery15 »

pacain22 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:10 pm
LiaNicer wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:09 pm Some training providers will register some of the course with the DVSA (JAUPT).
totally agree it makes the job of teaching much harder, no flexibility.
absolutely!
jotinery15

Post by jotinery15 »

I'm in complete agreement.
patBabixz

Post by patBabixz »

I did mine last year with Driver Hire and no, they didn’t count. I am currently doing my CPC with Driver Hire now.
Jonn4me

Post by Jonn4me »

Forgive me but I think the knowledge learnt on CPC Management is far above the level of JAUPT training and delivers a higher level of learning and should be counted towards cpc hours, certainly worth the 35 hours. What better course to educate a driver than to know what is expected of him by his manager and the traffic authorities.
Just my humble opinion...
LiaNicer

Post by LiaNicer »

Jonn4me wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:11 pm Forgive me but I think the knowledge learnt on CPC Management is far above the level of JAUPT training and delivers a higher level of learning and should be counted towards cpc hours, certainly worth the 35 hours. What better course to educate a driver than to know what is expected of him by his manager and the traffic authorities.
Just my humble opinion...
I totally agree mate....but its not about content it's about delivery. TMCPC is delivered in a style that is inconsistent with DVSA's (JAUPT) rigid and inflexible deliver specification. Would be transport managers, if they need dcpc hours would be better served siting dcpc with their drivers ......sadly its rare to see, but when managers are happy to sit in on dcpc training I always know that's a good operator and it means the world to the drivers.
greHipurr

Post by greHipurr »

I got 7hrs DCPC time credited from my TMCPC course completed in 2021 via a CILT approved trainer.
TamNeko

Post by TamNeko »

Thanks for the replies everyone. Seems it’s dependent on training provider good to know
stelTruckA1

Post by stelTruckA1 »

Yes, I got my drivers cpc when I did my TM cpc with Logistics UK.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”