Hello, I'm looking to find somewhere that would fund training and test near Birmingham if anyone can recommend

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
LeeFarer

Hello, I'm looking to find somewhere that would fund training and test near Birmingham if anyone can recommend

Post by LeeFarer »

Hello, I'm looking to find somewhere that would fund training and test near Birmingham if anyone can recommend a company I'd be grateful.
kunGuru

Re: Hello, I'm looking to find somewhere that would fund training and test near Birmingham if anyone can recommend

Post by kunGuru »

If you Google mainstream hgv they are government backed for free training
LeeFarer

Re: Hello, I'm looking to find somewhere that would fund training and test near Birmingham if anyone can recommend

Post by LeeFarer »

kunGuru wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:36 pm If you Google mainstream hgv they are government backed for free training
thanks I'll look in to it most appreciated 👍
GatoExec

Post by GatoExec »

this is who I went through
Attachments
Photo.jpg
Photo.jpg (111.83 KiB) Viewed 308 times
owetypiro

Post by owetypiro »

J Coates (HGV Services) Ltd can offer 0% finance, we train round Birmingham and test out of Garretts Green numerous times a week. Obviously it's not free but it doesn't tie you to an employer either.
GatoExec

Post by GatoExec »

I'm from Brum and currently on a course with system group
LeeFarer

Post by LeeFarer »

GatoExec wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:38 pm I'm from Brum and currently on a course with system group
did you have to pay for this?
GatoExec

Post by GatoExec »

LeeFarer wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:38 pm
GatoExec wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:38 pm I'm from Brum and currently on a course with system group
no funded through job centre
LeeFarer

Post by LeeFarer »

GatoExec wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:38 pm
I'm not unemployed tho I'm working would that be a problem?
HartBurnt

Post by HartBurnt »

LeeFarer wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:39 pm
GatoExec wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:38 pm

I'm not unemployed tho I'm working would that be a problem?
I’ve finished my course through systems group too. Just waiting for my provisional to come so I can do my theory and hazard perception and get to doing the practical training. All funded by the government. It’s been a good course and training company
iannter400

Post by iannter400 »

hows the training provider ( system group ). Didn’t seem to having much joy with them. Very bad communication with them.
GatoExec

Post by GatoExec »

iannter400 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:40 pm
hows the training provider ( system group ). Didn’t seem to having much joy with them. Very bad communication with them.
lol funny u ask that nightmare to get hold of awaiting practically date but was spot on doing the online session but lost access to my canvas still awaiting a call from Monday
GatoExec

Post by GatoExec »

I contacted head office in Liverpool
iannter400

Post by iannter400 »

GatoExec wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:40 pm
i already passed my class 2, was on this course to upgrade to
c & e, was making me go round in circles. All i needed was a training and practical date. Making me go through the course as i only had my class b licence. Even after telling them on many occasions.
Finally have passed my class c & e with 3 minors.
All the best to u
iannter400

Post by iannter400 »

Do you haVe a contact name or no for liverpool office as a friend of mine is on the course since jan 2023, but seems like his going bkwards with the course and his not being given clear direction as to completing the course.
Regards
GatoExec

Post by GatoExec »

iannter400 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:41 pm

Do you haVe a contact name or no for liverpool office as a friend of mine is on the course since jan 2023, but seems like his going bkwards with the course and his not being given clear direction as to completing the course.
Regards
i starting from fresh car straight up for full lorry aswell just done all my cpc h&p theory all passed so just the driving side of things now can't wait
iannter400

Post by iannter400 »

GatoExec wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:42 pm

Regards
i starting from fresh car straight up for full lorry aswell just done all my cpc h&p theory all passed so just the driving side of things now can't wait
I was forwarded onto
FLT UK Training Ltd based in bham Golden Hillock rd
For my driver training and practical. Top bunch if people. Would highly recommend to everyone.
GatoExec

Post by GatoExec »

iannter400 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:42 pm

Regards
I was forwarded onto
For my driver training and practical. Top bunch if people. Would highly recommend to everyone.
I started roughly the same time he should of done his paper side of things surely by now and yes
GatoExec

Post by GatoExec »

Regards
I was forwarded onto
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (111.82 KiB) Viewed 284 times
GatoExec

Post by GatoExec »

Regards
I was forwarded onto
Wherein Brum are u
iannter400

Post by iannter400 »

GatoExec wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:44 pm

I was forwarded onto
Wherein Brum are u
My friend was told end of April that he will be getting dates for his theory hazard perception test. 10 days later he fones them up to ask how come he hasn’t received any dates. Only to be told his test was 2 days ago. 🤦
Really bad communication. And now he cant get through to them
GatoExec

Post by GatoExec »

iannter400 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:45 pm

I was forwarded onto
Wherein Brum are u
My friend was told end of April that he will be getting dates for his theory hazard perception test. 10 days later he fones them up to ask how come he hasn’t received any dates. Only to be told his test was 2 days ago. 🤦
yes I looked and couldn't get a date until July at Sutton but they got me in on the 21st march done all 3 together
iannter400

Post by iannter400 »

GatoExec wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:45 pm

Wherein Brum are u
yes I looked and couldn't get a date until July at Sutton but they got me in on the 21st march done all 3 together
Washwood heath is wer i’m from
GatoExec

Post by GatoExec »

iannter400 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:46 pm
GatoExec wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:45 pm

Washwood heath is wer i’m from
yes I'm other side so hoping one closer to me as sparkbrook is a mission lol
TaySach

Post by TaySach »

Govt HGV skills boot camp is free including a resit for all 4 tests
https://www.gov.uk/training-hgv/skills-bootcamps
LeeFarer

Post by LeeFarer »

Thank you all for your reply

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”