Hi, is there anyway we can all just park our trucks up on Monday and refuse to move until the government abolishes

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Gorenoff29

Hi, is there anyway we can all just park our trucks up on Monday and refuse to move until the government abolishes

Post by Gorenoff29 »

Hi, is there anyway we can all just park our trucks up on Monday and refuse to move until the government abolishes CPC? Got a 7 hour day today looking at a screen and I can’t bloody stand it.
alisCoops

Re: Hi, is there anyway we can all just park our trucks up on Monday and refuse to move until the government abolishes

Post by alisCoops »

Unless you already know everything about everything then it won't be a waste of time and money
TimGoofy

Re: Hi, is there anyway we can all just park our trucks up on Monday and refuse to move until the government abolishes

Post by TimGoofy »

alisCoops wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:37 am Unless you already know everything about everything then it won't be a waste of time and money
well that's me, they don't call me Wikipedia for nothing
veeJaden

Post by veeJaden »

At least its a work day not a Saturday 🤷‍♂️
Gorenoff29

Post by Gorenoff29 »

veeJaden wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:38 am At least its a work day not a Saturday 🤷‍♂️
yea fair point lol.
WhiMore

Post by WhiMore »

veeJaden wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:38 am At least its a work day not a Saturday 🤷‍♂️
Dont tell me, your actually being paid to do it aswell.
Shut up, feet up and laugh at the vast majority of us who dont get paid...
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

WhiMore wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:39 am
our drivers get paid 9 hours for doing it and they don’t pay for the course. All done in house.
WhiMore

Post by WhiMore »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:39 am
our drivers get paid 9 hours for doing it and they don’t pay for the course. All done in house.
Lucky beggars.
And I bet they still moan like hell. 🤣
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

WhiMore wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:40 am
geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:39 am

Lucky beggars.
And I bet they still moan like hell. 🤣
tbh we try to run fun courses. All approved by dvsa. If we can’t get the classroom laughing then we are failing. It really does encourage participation
BodCist

Post by BodCist »

🤣 I'm with you but waiting for the incoming as to why we need it and how important it is 🤣
keminamsXp

Post by keminamsXp »

Just man up and get on with it
PaRavager

Post by PaRavager »

keminamsXp wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:43 am Just man up and get on with it
my thoughts exactly 🙄👍🏻
colibbie22

Post by colibbie22 »

This will make for a great reading 🤣🤣
duaDuchy

Post by duaDuchy »

Considering how many people in here are often wrong especially when it comes to wtd then cpc is absolutely needed
Gorenoff29

Post by Gorenoff29 »

duaDuchy wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:50 am Considering how many people in here are often wrong especially when it comes to wtd then cpc is absolutely needed
yea definitely
BIBakefo

Post by BIBakefo »

Because it makes money 💰 for our corrupt government
alisCoops

Post by alisCoops »

BIBakefo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:51 am Because it makes money 💰 for our corrupt government
it actually doesn't but don't let the facts get in the way of a good moan
BIBakefo

Post by BIBakefo »

alisCoops wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:51 am
BIBakefo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:51 am Because it makes money 💰 for our corrupt government
is vat charged on it if so it makes money
alisCoops

Post by alisCoops »

BIBakefo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:51 am
at a rough calculation 300.000 drivers doing 1 course per year at a cost of £50 =£3.000.000 in vat which is less than half the daily hotel bill for our uninvited guests
Not really a big earner is it
BIBakefo

Post by BIBakefo »

alisCoops wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:52 am

at a rough calculation 300.000 drivers doing 1 course per year at a cost of £50 =£3.000.000 in vat which is less than half the daily hotel bill for our uninvited guests
no but still earning
TimGoofy

Post by TimGoofy »

BIBakefo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:53 am

no but still earning
as far as I'm aware the government only get the upload fee which was less than a Fiver all the rest goes to the DCPC provider.
BIBakefo

Post by BIBakefo »

TimGoofy wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:53 am
BIBakefo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:53 am

no but still earning
as far as I'm aware the government only get the upload fee which was less than a Fiver all the rest goes to the DCPC provider.
it's still money out of our pocket and into theirs
lauClever

Post by lauClever »

Looking through windscreen or looking at a screen doesn't really make any difference, if its paid by company and you get paid as well enjoy it
rosson86

Post by rosson86 »

I think CPC is amazing! And a great way to keep us all updated with rules of the road etc.
Would love to see something similar introduced for all road users
FreeRappa

Post by FreeRappa »

rosson86 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:57 am I think CPC is amazing! And a great way to keep us all updated with rules of the road etc.
Nar that last bit of your comment is the most sensible thing I've ever read on these forum... 👍
AkerBing

Post by AkerBing »

rosson86 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:57 am I think CPC is amazing! And a great way to keep us all updated with rules of the road etc.
should defo be a separate motorway test for our four wheeled friends
hardexerry

Post by hardexerry »

Please me why Drivers that have been doing the job for the last 40 still have to do 35 Hours of CPC most have left and now and work in Supermarkets doing Shelf Stacking.
CouShun

Post by CouShun »

Looking back through some of the post and answers on here i think it's definitely needed, oh by the way am i allowed to drive on a Wednesday if i have started on a Saturday if its raining and is it OK to drive if the middle wheel is missing on my trailer, my boss says its ok as long as i don't defect it 🤔
Gorenoff29

Post by Gorenoff29 »

CouShun wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:13 pm Looking back through some of the post and answers on here i think it's definitely needed, oh by the way am i allowed to drive on a Wednesday if i have started on a Saturday if its raining and is it OK to drive if the middle wheel is missing on my trailer, my boss says its ok as long as i don't defect it 🤔
very good point
rosson86

Post by rosson86 »

CouShun wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:13 pm Looking back through some of the post and answers on here i think it's definitely needed, oh by the way am i allowed to drive on a Wednesday if i have started on a Saturday if its raining and is it OK to drive if the middle wheel is missing on my trailer, my boss says its ok as long as i don't defect it 🤔
fair point right there!!🤣
andeysver40

Post by andeysver40 »

it’s OK if you remove the opposite middle wheel.
CouShun

Post by CouShun »

andeysver40 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:14 pm
thanks for clearing that up do i need a hard hat if its raining?
andeysver40

Post by andeysver40 »

CouShun wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:15 pm
Optional!
ChriMoto

Post by ChriMoto »

andeysver40 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:15 pm
CouShun wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:15 pm

Optional!
Or use yer other blank log sheets or second log book.
bywDays

Post by bywDays »

Your getting paid aren’t you? Crack on, eat their biscuits, drink their tea, have a doze then head home hardly the end of the world
StevChrono

Post by StevChrono »

I used to think the same way about it then i joined here, easy to understand how many people there are in this job, and when the decent drivers who do it right say anything on here,
drewPong

Post by drewPong »

If they did I'm sure drivers in their 50,s would probably return to the job..
Personally I'm done with all the bullshit thrown at this job..
FreeRappa

Post by FreeRappa »

New drivers should have to do the full 35 hours before been allowed anywhere near an hgv or psv, Then again at five years, after five years it should be a one day refresher course every five years covering the important stuff, drivers hours, weights & loading & load security, & basic vehicle facts.. Across the board, E.U. as well. Or European drivers would still have to do the whole course to remain compliant in Europe. Thats just my opinion...
ClearBoot

Post by ClearBoot »

Yes, do it, I take it you don't eat or drink ? Don't need gas or electric? House and car paid for......
BallKeeper

Post by BallKeeper »

If you want the job, jump through the hoops. Simple. Some of the questions asked by supposedly experienced drivers just prove the need.
geelton89

Post by geelton89 »

I always hear people defending the CPC by saying that looking at the driving standards and levels of knowledge on hours etc from today's drivers then the CPC is absolutely needed.
I'd argue that the CPC has been with us for 14 years now and if you think the standards of knowledge and driving are bad currently then doesn't that just prove what an ineffective waste of money the CPC really is and that the only thing for which it's actually any good is as an insomnia cure?
alisCoops

Post by alisCoops »

geelton89 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:29 pm I always hear people defending the CPC by saying that looking at the driving standards and levels of knowledge on hours etc from today's drivers then the CPC is absolutely needed.
I'd argue that the CPC has been with us for 14 years now and if you think the standards of knowledge and driving are bad currently then doesn't that just prove what an ineffective waste of money the CPC really is and that the only thing for which it's actually any good is as an insomnia cure?
the only reason it's not working is because there's no test at the end of it
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

alisCoops wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:30 pm
geelton89 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:29 pm I always hear people defending the CPC by saying that looking at the driving standards and levels of knowledge on hours etc from today's drivers then the CPC is absolutely needed.
in the proposed amendment to it you can do a test instead.
alisCoops

Post by alisCoops »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:30 pm
that would make it more credible
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

alisCoops wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:31 pm
geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:30 pm

that would make it more credible
the proposals are 50 question test paid for by you at a dvsa centre. Multiple choice and case study.
Or as you currently are
painfort44

Post by painfort44 »

kinda makes you wonder how bad driving standards and knowledge of regulations were BEFORE the CPC doesn't it...
geelton89

Post by geelton89 »

painfort44 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:32 pm
kinda makes you wonder how bad driving standards and knowledge of regulations were BEFORE the CPC doesn't it...
I don't remember it being that much different to be honest. People say driving standards are down but our roads are safer now than they've ever been and safer than most of the rest of the world except Scandinavia and The Netherlands, strange that!
painfort44

Post by painfort44 »

geelton89 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:32 pm
I don't remember it being that much different to be honest. People say driving standards are down but our roads are safer now than they've ever been and safer than most of the rest of the world except Scandinavia and The Netherlands, strange that!
so they're safer since the cpc came in?
geelton89

Post by geelton89 »

painfort44 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:33 pm
geelton89 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:32 pm

so they're safer since the cpc came in?
oh, I meant safer in general rather than being truck specific. I mean safer for everybody that uses the roads from the biggest trucks right down to pedestrians. I wouldn't expect the CPC to have done that although, I admit, it could have played a part but I'm not convinced. I think it's more down to improvements in vehicle and tyre technology, more stringent MOTs and that our road layouts and rules such as compulsory seat belt use, and the enforcement of those rules, is generally better than most of the rest of the world. As an example, back when I had my first car (1985) I had a bump in it which took out the headlamp, bent and tore the front wing and made it so I had to put rubber bonnet straps on to keep it down. Even with sharp edges on the knackered wing I drove it like that for months and months and nobody batted an eyelid. There were lots of motors around back then that you'd never even imagine driving on today's roads, you'd never get away with it. For one thing, the authorities care a lot more nowadays about the safety of pedestrians and the necessity for that to be considered in the design of the front of a car. So much has changed.
hartDictator

Post by hartDictator »

Why do people with international cpc have to do this stupid driver cpc?
alisCoops

Post by alisCoops »

hartDictator wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:36 pm Why do people with international cpc have to do this stupid driver cpc?
it's not just for stupid drivers but you could be forgiven for thinking it is when you read some of the answers
hartDictator

Post by hartDictator »

alisCoops wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:36 pm
hartDictator wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:36 pm Why do people with international cpc have to do this stupid driver cpc?
it's not just for stupid drivers but you could be forgiven for thinking it is when you read some of the answers
I meant the cpc course not the drivers.
LeeFarer

Post by LeeFarer »

hartDictator wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 pm
TM cpc holders are also required to complete cpd. This can count towards your driver cpc. Legislation and regulations are constantly changing. As a professional, 1 day out of 365 updating knowledge isn't a lot to ask. 👍
hartDictator

Post by hartDictator »

LeeFarer wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 pm
hartDictator wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 pm

TM cpc holders are also required to complete cpd. This can count towards your driver cpc. Legislation and regulations are constantly changing. As a professional, 1 day out of 365 updating knowledge isn't a lot to ask. 👍
it is for me
JimComfy

Post by JimComfy »

Too many people making too much money for it ever to be scrapped.
reminRos

Post by reminRos »

If they see some of the questions asked on here they'd probably extend it to 70 hours
danicons10

Post by danicons10 »

Meanwhile lots of drivers still asking if I can do this or that, is it legal or not... There are no shite courses, just shite quality instructors. Sh*te inputs equals to sh*te outputs
AlanZerp

Post by AlanZerp »

Out of Europe now no need for it but ita a cash cow for the government so won't happen
alisCoops

Post by alisCoops »

AlanZerp wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:44 pm Out of Europe now no need for it but ita a cash cow for the government so won't happen
how much do you think the government make from it 🤔
AlanZerp

Post by AlanZerp »

alisCoops wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:44 pm
AlanZerp wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:44 pm Out of Europe now no need for it but ita a cash cow for the government so won't happen
enough
alisCoops

Post by alisCoops »

AlanZerp wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:45 pm
alisCoops wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:44 pm
enough
what they make in a year would only pay half a day's hotel bill for our friends in the dinghys
PadGrabs

Post by PadGrabs »

What continent are we in now?
AlanZerp

Post by AlanZerp »

PadGrabs wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:46 pm
oh dear do I need to explain the reason why cpc was brought in or u gonna Google it u melt
AlanZerp

Post by AlanZerp »

and it on not in
PadGrabs

Post by PadGrabs »

AlanZerp wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:47 pm
and it on not in
All that posting and you still can't answer my simple question. Melt 😂😂😂On? no, in 😉
AlanZerp

Post by AlanZerp »

PadGrabs wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:47 pm

and it on not in
All that posting and you still can't answer my simple question. Melt 😂😂😂On? no, in 😉
Hardly pointless if u don’t know Google it give u a clue Brexit 🤔🤔🤔
AlanZerp

Post by AlanZerp »

PadGrabs wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:47 pm

and it on not in
3.5 million not bad lol
istipmerc69

Post by istipmerc69 »

Looking at some of the posts on here.
A lot of drivers should be do 5 courses a year, not every 5 years.
HydRyoth

Post by HydRyoth »

Have you seen the number of posts on here alone asking about drivers hours! I don't know about competence
gaffecon66

Post by gaffecon66 »

Nothing stopping you is there, Muppet
floffrent47

Post by floffrent47 »

Why? It should be made pass or fail.
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

floffrent47 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:53 pm Why? It should be made pass or fail.
that’s in the consultation on changes
floffrent47

Post by floffrent47 »

geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:53 pm
floffrent47 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:53 pm Why? It should be made pass or fail.
definitely be a driver shortage then
geonewc99

Post by geonewc99 »

floffrent47 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:54 pm
geonewc99 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:53 pm
definitely be a driver shortage then
consultation ends 27/4/23.
Option of a 50 question test at a dvsa centre similar to a theory test. If u fail u can resit, or do the 35 hours which are up for change in their structure too.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”