Hello, For ETM do you request payment for your service for the month upfront or at the end of the month?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
AlanPlus

Hello, For ETM do you request payment for your service for the month upfront or at the end of the month?

Post by AlanPlus »

Hello, For ETM do you request payment for your service for the month upfront or at the end of the month? Thanks
owenFoehn

Re: Hello, For ETM do you request payment for your service for the month upfront or at the end of the month?

Post by owenFoehn »

Always month in advance
BrianMade

Re: Hello, For ETM do you request payment for your service for the month upfront or at the end of the month?

Post by BrianMade »

You will now find most businesses and especially businesses that do any kind of consultancy work, ask for payments on account, pro-forma, in advance , etc.
The TC's and any of the transport solicitors will be expecting you to have this written in your contract as well and if any operator refuses payments in advance then walk away.
What ever you do, don't do them a favour and allow them to delay payments as I recently did because some operators will take the p*ss👍
RaivLex

Post by RaivLex »

BrianMade wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:42 pm You will now find most businesses and especially businesses that do any kind of consultancy work, ask for payments on account, pro-forma, in advance , etc.
The TC's and any of the transport solicitors will be expecting you to have this written in your contract as well and if any operator refuses payments in advance then walk away.
What ever you do, don't do them a favour and allow them to delay payments as I recently did because some operators will take the p*ss👍
I super agree with you
edfmantion67

Post by edfmantion67 »

BrianMade wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:42 pm You will now find most businesses and especially businesses that do any kind of consultancy work, ask for payments on account, pro-forma, in advance , etc.
Absolutely on the money..
I do the same and it’s written in.
BrianMade

Post by BrianMade »

edfmantion67 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:43 pm
I did make a bo bo a few months ago because I was too lenient with an operator as I'm a nice guy 🤷 and it backfired but it will get sorted and I won't do it again 🙈 🤣
edfmantion67

Post by edfmantion67 »

BrianMade wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:43 pm
edfmantion67 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:43 pm
I did make a bo bo a few months ago because I was too lenient with an operator as I'm a nice guy 🤷 and it backfired but it will get sorted and I won't do it again 🙈 🤣
yeah, I got stung for being a nice person, so no, never again, should’ve known better at my age..
lairosco83

Post by lairosco83 »

As soon as the application goes in upfront
RonnMoto

Post by RonnMoto »

I have clients on both the first few I did in arrears but if anyone was late then they were switched to in advance all new clients are in advance. It is what you want to do.
andyMingro

Post by andyMingro »

I’m obviously the odd one out. Invoice goes in after the work or at the end of the month, as appropriate. In over nine years the only non payment is the company I’m taking legal action against at the moment.
ShellSpin

Post by ShellSpin »

As soon as the application is signed. Unless I know them previously and can vouch for them myself.
BlackPong

Post by BlackPong »

The minute the contract is signed (you do have a contract?) and non of this paying the first 1,2 months what have you to a finder/fixer! 🙈☹️
jackbizn97

Post by jackbizn97 »

In advance. Had one demanding 30 days terms from end of month, sacked him off straight away.
Some customers are invoiced in advance with 30 days payment terms i.e. invoice 1st of April for standard services provided in April with payment due on 30th of April. So if anything ever happens I’m only 1 month down but at the same time it gives operator time to process etc.
Any unplanned extra services provided will be invoiced on the day with 14 days payment terms
rogerAuger

Post by rogerAuger »

And definitely upfront.
Paulettena

Post by Paulettena »

It’s a month in holding up front and then weekly each Friday for me but that’s my personal preference
daleBrainy

Post by daleBrainy »

I do 14 days from invoice date which is always 1st of month - all stipulated in etm contract.
gregSeen

Post by gregSeen »

3 months up front. Then when that term nears its end. 3 more months up front. If they say they can’t afford that then they can’t afford to run lorries

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”