What is the attraction of a paper map vs a Sat nav. I bought a truckers Atlas a year ago and have not used it once.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
KathLike

Re: What is the attraction of a paper map vs a Sat nav. I bought a truckers Atlas a year ago and have not used it once.

Post by KathLike »

I have used maps for years. But they don't tell you about road closure and accidents that are on your root. I have the sat nav on each day.
tagPlacard

Re: What is the attraction of a paper map vs a Sat nav. I bought a truckers Atlas a year ago and have not used it once.

Post by tagPlacard »

Learn your route, look at a to z and know where you need to go!
Mindset these days! Not my fault I hit a bridge, my sat nav took me this way!!!
HaaijEyes

Post by HaaijEyes »

I use to do all over Spain and UK with maps, It's what you was use to in them days.
CoulRazo

Post by CoulRazo »

Until you’re sat nav packs up, and you can’t get no reception Ont phone like. I wouldn’t trust my sat nav anyway!
greenthMo

Post by greenthMo »

Phillips navigator map book - and ya mouth to ask a few questions
andRefundd

Post by andRefundd »

I would trust that map any time over the best Sat Nav.
BurrMore

Post by BurrMore »

A map gets you to the right area. Also sat nav is crap at showing you where drops are in relation to other drops
pauGazzer

Post by pauGazzer »

Maps are always my go to option as you can put a postcode in and drive but you don't know where your going your only following. Where if you had a map you can look at thw map and decide the route you want and nit follow the sat nav down bad roads that they think are suitable
JonatGnat

Post by JonatGnat »

That’s how it used for be done. Driven all over the UK and Europe using maps and transporting abnormal loads. Made life interesting 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”