Hgv medical question time! My medical is approaching next year. No all I do is go on to Google and search 'hgv

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
CoClivee

Re: Hgv medical question time! My medical is approaching next year. No all I do is go on to Google and search 'hgv

Post by CoClivee »

BOBEXCI88 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:21 am "So my question is, when are the DVLA/ DFT going to cotton on to this and make drivers see their GP?" If you can get past the receptionist, that is.🫢
no problem with our receptionist a box of Chocy biscuits every now and again !!!!! 😉😉😉
seann+Faith

Re: Hgv medical question time! My medical is approaching next year. No all I do is go on to Google and search 'hgv

Post by seann+Faith »

Even if you book through your GP it doesn’t mean you will see your actual doctor. My surgery has one doctor who does all the medicals.
Phoenix_Peter

Post by Phoenix_Peter »

Booked mine yesterday on
https://d4drivers.uk/
£55. Much better than own docs. Same result
griffinorMS

Post by griffinorMS »

when? never!! don't u understand is a covering your behind technique? in case something bad happens, some1 must be blamable.... :)
leigham_one

Post by leigham_one »

I had my medical at my local GP September 2021, and it cost me £95. I could have got one for £60 but it would have involved travelling to the other side of Liverpool. It was a lot more convenient for me to go to my GP, and at least he knows me and my medical history.
PaulaniBug

Post by PaulaniBug »

Mine's due next month, and I'm definitely going with the Co I used last time, rather than be fleeced by my GP.
WaynezerKing

Post by WaynezerKing »

And when the doctors cotton on to hgv drivers needing them to retain license the fee will double costing circa £200+
downeCinco

Post by downeCinco »

Why should I pay my GP £128 when I can go to see a total stranger for £45 and if DVLA have any questions they will contact your own GP for information and pay them £60 for this service.
nicklin_Kylin

Post by nicklin_Kylin »

My GP refuses to do hgv medicals.
93obrieneson

Post by 93obrieneson »

Only job where you have to pay to keep your job an then pay for fines for parking. We are monkies for utting up with it
KITCHURELL

Post by KITCHURELL »

My doctor wanted to charge £197 but D4 charging £45 do for me it’s a no brainer.. I pay enough National Insurance each week without getting ripped a new one from my doctor who will basically do the same tick box exercise 😳
ChurchLead

Post by ChurchLead »

Living in a rural area, I am lucky that I can see same doctor whenever I need. At my last medical which cost £170 he explained that HGV medicals are not part of a GP's normal duties hence the charge. As each practice is separate, although contracted to various health trusts they can set their own prices.
jimenixFan

Post by jimenixFan »

Most GP,S ask to much & a lot don’t include the eye site test , So you’ve then got to organize & pay for that separately, Not worth the hassle.
Shaun.Chapter

Post by Shaun.Chapter »

My gp would charge me 200 quid for an hgv medical when i can go see a dr who charges 50 quid so until dvla make your own gp charge no more than say 50 quid an appointment it will never happen plus its impossible to get an appointment at my gp around a 3 month waiting list!
chatt_Hatter

Post by chatt_Hatter »

I got mine 9th Jan.....my own doctor
AndrescoKIX

Post by AndrescoKIX »

Which GP will see you at a weekend?
And during Covid you couldn't get an appointment, long may the independents carry on!
EwanLand

Post by EwanLand »

A lot of GPs are refusing to do medicals so it leaves you no option
martSlayer66

Post by martSlayer66 »

They still may contact ur GP..I always went to my GPaz I think they prefer to hear from them. But up 2 u
08.wallerdoMo

Post by 08.wallerdoMo »

6 yrs ago £65 last yr £75 own doctor 👍
Overton+Hi

Post by Overton+Hi »

It’s all about seeing an independent doctor to make sure you have the basic function of the body that’s all it is
baberJiggy

Post by baberJiggy »

I've been retired for 14 yrs and remember having a medical with my own GP. He told me that "today I'm not your GP but am working for DVSA". For that privilege he relieved me of £120. I told him that even Robin Hood smiled when he robbed someone. I suppose that's how he could afford his fancy cars.
34_huntecoon

Post by 34_huntecoon »

baberJiggy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:59 am I've been retired for 14 yrs and remember having a medical with my own GP. He told me that "today I'm not your GP but am working for DVSA". For that privilege he relieved me of £120. I told him that even Robin Hood smiled when he robbed someone. I suppose that's how he could afford his fancy cars.
I said how fkin much? My first time and he winked at me and said call it £20.
baberJiggy

Post by baberJiggy »

34_huntecoon wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:59 am
baberJiggy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:59 am I've been retired for 14 yrs and remember having a medical with my own GP. He told me that "today I'm not your GP but am working for DVSA". For that privilege he relieved me of £120. I told him that even Robin Hood smiled when he robbed someone. I suppose that's how he could afford his fancy cars.
I've had a couple of £20 ones too.
34_huntecoon

Post by 34_huntecoon »

baberJiggy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:00 am
I would rather pay less and get an appointment than pay more for the service like you said they aren't your GP at the moment in time. I questioned a young woman if she was a genuine doctor. "What makes you ask that she indignantly asked?" Oh it's just I can read your writing. She did chuckle 😂
baberJiggy

Post by baberJiggy »

34_huntecoon wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:01 am
baberJiggy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:00 am

I would rather pay less and get an appointment than pay more for the service like you said they aren't your GP at the moment in time. I questioned a young woman if she was a genuine doctor. "What makes you ask that she indignantly asked?" Oh it's just I can read your writing. She did chuckle 😂
she could have asked you to cough I suppose 🤣🤣
FerguMint

Post by FerguMint »

the fancy car probably came from years of studying and learning to be a doctor to care and look after patients and put up with the crap people like you spout.
baberJiggy

Post by baberJiggy »

FerguMint wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:02 am
the fancy car probably came from years of studying and learning to be a doctor to care and look after patients and put up with the crap people like you spout.
and a happy day to who ever rattled your cage.
FerguMint

Post by FerguMint »

baberJiggy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:03 am
FerguMint wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:02 am
and a happy day to who ever rattled your cage.
cheers thanks 👍 same to you
JOHNSinfo

Post by JOHNSinfo »

My GP doesn't offer this service, so I had to go elsewhere.
76paullopex

Post by 76paullopex »

My doctors don't do HGV medicals any more.
Not a lot of option any more
75bevTruck

Post by 75bevTruck »

Some companies will reimburse u for ur medical u r working for them and they need u etc
MalconnStud

Post by MalconnStud »

If your so concerned
Then are YOU going
To your own gp or you going to save £100 +
harpeller47

Post by harpeller47 »

I heard one driver bragging about walking in for a medical, the "Doctor" just signed the form without an examination.
Allen+Press

Post by Allen+Press »

GP does nothing different. If you actually read the bits you sign on the forms, you are declaring you are fit to the doctor. My doctor actually told me this and advised I went to a cheaper place!
JulieeZierr

Post by JulieeZierr »

D4Drivers
Google it
Paid 55 for my last one
At the end of the day, its just an eye test, BP, urine test and if you are on any medication write it down
Doctor was thorough we fill out the majority of the form
Was in there 10 mins
They hire a Conference/meeting room at a holiday Inn
It's a no brainer
I haven't seen or heard from my doctor since 2018 and even now they are only offering telephone Appointments and if you dare phone its easier getting an answer from vodafone
So Google D4Drivers
bamsengXo

Post by bamsengXo »

You are tested at the point of the medical, if you pass muster, you keep your licence.
RiceTheborg

Post by RiceTheborg »

I have retired 5 years now and always went to my own GP who always charged £120 every year and every year it took weeks to get it back as my doctor filled the form out wrong. It was every year as I was over 65.
hugh_GREAT

Post by hugh_GREAT »

RiceTheborg wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:23 am I have retired 5 years now and always went to my own GP who always charged £120 every year and every year it took weeks to get it back as my doctor filled the form out wrong. It was every year as I was over 65.
I had a very similar experience. Dozy doc ticked "yes" when she should have ticked "no". Or maybe the other way around.
Geoffma.Dj

Post by Geoffma.Dj »

My doctor got to be on a Saturday morning and pay cash of £150 got there 10 others waiting nice little earner for a couple of hours ps I walked out
craiggCray

Post by craiggCray »

Geoffma.Dj wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:28 am My doctor got to be on a Saturday morning and pay cash of £150 got there 10 others waiting nice little earner for a couple of hours ps I walked out
doctors at my surgery are a rarity - still in hiding.
RobinnQU

Post by RobinnQU »

craiggCray wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:29 am
Geoffma.Dj wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:28 am My doctor got to be on a Saturday morning and pay cash of £150 got there 10 others waiting nice little earner for a couple of hours ps I walked out
Why don’t you study for 10years, then train and study for another 5 or more, so you could earn good money?
Geoffma.Dj

Post by Geoffma.Dj »

RobinnQU wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:29 am
craiggCray wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:29 am
Why don’t you study for 10years, then train and study for another 5 or more, so you could earn good money?
I earn a lot more than that lol
mon+Martinno

Post by mon+Martinno »

Paid 55 a couple years ago through hgv medical company at an opticians back room and it was my own gp I have more of a chance having an appointment through hgv medical that actually ringing the surgery up 😆
SAMFORM

Post by SAMFORM »

Good luck trying to see a GP these days.
leemena67

Post by leemena67 »

I know this is Swansea but national company
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (120.01 KiB) Viewed 848 times
89_cotepee

Post by 89_cotepee »

You put in your details any doctor can read your notes, don't see the problems these doctors charge less as they do this and only this our own doctors charge so much as in the time they would do the medical they could have seen 2 /3 people hence the price is a deterrent
NormanBlaze

Post by NormanBlaze »

If I phoned my GPS to get an appointment 3 weeks but for £60 I can get it the day after and it holds the same validity as 3 week £150 one
Varey.Spot

Post by Varey.Spot »

I had mine with D4 drivers. I was surprised I was even asked to show up. In tick tick tick tick out.
jeffMade10

Post by jeffMade10 »

My gp charged £150 never done rhe form properly cost me thousands till it went back & forward last 3 yrs £50 never had a problem that's all they do so no mistakes. Rather save the cash than get ripped off...
92Finneeno

Post by 92Finneeno »

Drivers Medical Solutions Ltd if your anywhere near the practice’s dr d attends £55 it is now.
evawModda

Post by evawModda »

if go same medical center your records are their online, i think to many drivers have much to hide, and unsafe to be on road
GrantGINO

Post by GrantGINO »

Every driver should have a compulsory medical yearly
YanniTeenie

Post by YanniTeenie »

See a gp for a medical you must be joking no chance
mauriago61

Post by mauriago61 »

OR....charge you more, to see a DVLA registered Doctor, and bring in a new rule that ONLY DVLA registered Doctors can do your medical....ooops, I might have given them an idea.
Oscar_Zero

Post by Oscar_Zero »

My mum went to the local GP a few years ago for her provisional.
£150 later, and they filled the form out incorrectly, saying she was blind. DVLA immediately revoked her licence, and it took weeks to get sorted, as she had to get an opticians report saying she wasn't legally blind.
I'd rather go to someone that specializes in the medicals, so it's all done properly. They have the best knowledge about them, to let you know there and then if you will to provide more info to the DVLA.
martin.Blink

Post by martin.Blink »

I done it private for £40 at Cotswold medical as they had an offer on at the time and my doctor wanted £120
DAVVEFT25

Post by DAVVEFT25 »

Last time I rang my GP I was 73rd in the que no thanks
tomosParis

Post by tomosParis »

As long as Id get my licence back to carry on to earn a living I wouldn’t mind If a monkey filled the form in for me.
FerguMint

Post by FerguMint »

tomosParis wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:55 am As long as Id get my licence back to carry on to earn a living I wouldn’t mind If a monkey filled the form in for me.
and along comes a 44 ton artic there’s a fatal accident and it’s then discovered the driver had a dodgy medical
tomosParis

Post by tomosParis »

FerguMint wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:55 am
tomosParis wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:55 am As long as Id get my licence back to carry on to earn a living I wouldn’t mind If a monkey filled the form in for me.
and along comes a 44 ton artic there’s a fatal accident and it’s then discovered the driver had a dodgy medical
whatt?
FerguMint

Post by FerguMint »

tomosParis wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:56 am
whatt?
you may laugh maybe you don’t have family
tomosParis

Post by tomosParis »

FerguMint wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:56 am

whatt?
no I haven’t, that’s why I have a picture of myself standing in front of a lorry as my profile picture…
FerguMint

Post by FerguMint »

tomosParis wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:57 am
FerguMint wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:56 am

whatt?
no I haven’t, that’s why I have a picture of myself standing in front of a lorry as my profile picture…
di**’head
KevaxxoLog

Post by KevaxxoLog »

I think you'll find a lot of doctors are not interested in HGV medicals hence the high prices, mine wanted £126.00 3 years ago. It all seems like a bit of a con really. How can someone well in excess of 30 stone pass the medical but you see them, out of breath climbing onto the catwalk of a lorry. Sadly I have reached the age where I have to have a medical every year. Some companies will contribute towards the medical but I don't know the answer. It wouldn't happen in any other industry.
edwardNard

Post by edwardNard »

If doctor is n.h.s registered ( and would hope they are) any doctor as access to your records.
Unless you have opted out and you only allow your own gp practice to see them.
If you have not done this then doctor you go to for a medical etc. Can look at your medical history
FerguMint

Post by FerguMint »

edwardNard wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:14 pm If doctor is n.h.s registered ( and would hope they are) any doctor as access to your records.
If you have not done this then doctor you go to for a medical etc. Can look at your medical history
nonsense
edwardNard

Post by edwardNard »

FerguMint wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:14 pm
edwardNard wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:14 pm If doctor is n.h.s registered ( and would hope they are) any doctor as access to your records.
nonsense
what's nonsense about that.
Ask any NHS practice
Because everything is now on computer
305Cheapsite

Post by 305Cheapsite »

Have you ever tried getting past the receptionist nowadays !!! 🤣🤣

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”