Hi, Anyone know where I stand with this? I am parked literally outside my drop as I just missed them before they

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Marcupp.WS

Hi, Anyone know where I stand with this? I am parked literally outside my drop as I just missed them before they

Post by Marcupp.WS »

Hi, Anyone know where I stand with this?
I am parked literally outside my drop as I just missed them before they closed last night woke upto this?
Not on yellow lines, paid this morning and still not been removed (all automated)
Cheers
Attachments
A.jpg
A.jpg (59.38 KiB) Viewed 959 times
B.jpg
B.jpg (123.47 KiB) Viewed 959 times
C.jpg
C.jpg (113.41 KiB) Viewed 959 times
D.jpg
D.jpg (846.89 KiB) Viewed 959 times
E.jpg
E.jpg (510.35 KiB) Viewed 959 times
F.jpg
F.jpg (344.92 KiB) Viewed 959 times
G.jpg
G.jpg (527.3 KiB) Viewed 959 times
VicomnettAsp

Re: Hi, Anyone know where I stand with this? I am parked literally outside my drop as I just missed them before they

Post by VicomnettAsp »

Cannot park anywhere in Kent now unless on private land or in a lorry park.
robbHoop10

Re: Hi, Anyone know where I stand with this? I am parked literally outside my drop as I just missed them before they

Post by robbHoop10 »

VicomnettAsp wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:38 am Cannot park anywhere in Kent now unless on private land or in a lorry park.
there are still some places you can park. It hasn’t gone countywide yet.
jimegioMud

Post by jimegioMud »

The restricted location is The county of Kent. It’s now illegal to park on the street or lay-bys anywhere in Kent.
AndreNight

Post by AndreNight »

jimegioMud wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:41 am The restricted location is The county of Kent. It’s now illegal to park on the street or lay-bys anywhere in Kent.
if that is want kent wants then all hgvs should boycott the place
CHRISMUSI

Post by CHRISMUSI »

jimegioMud wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:41 am The restricted location is The county of Kent. It’s now illegal to park on the street or lay-bys anywhere in Kent.
it seems “legal” to come to Kent on a dinghy from France though 🤣🤣🤣
robbHoop10

Post by robbHoop10 »

I thought it hadn’t gone countywide yet?
mattzPost

Post by mattzPost »

Any signs on that road where you are parked
Marcupp.WS

Post by Marcupp.WS »

No way I thought it was something to do with if your travelling through to Dover to cross to France not if delivering here? Not had a signal memo from work? Hope they don't take out my wages I never knew
DBCrossed

Post by DBCrossed »

Marcupp.WS wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:46 am No way I thought it was something to do with if your travelling through to Dover to cross to France not if delivering here? Not had a signal memo from work? Hope they don't take out my wages I never knew
your work probably doesn’t realize as it’s not been well advertised outside of Kent 🤬
shaunicon21

Post by shaunicon21 »

DBCrossed wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:47 am
Marcupp.WS wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:46 am No way I thought it was something to do with if your travelling through to Dover to cross to France not if delivering here? Not had a signal memo from work? Hope they don't take out my wages I never knew
your work probably doesn’t realize as it’s not been well advertised outside of Kent 🤬
my company didn't have a clue and neither did i... They do now!... Apparently got to book in at a truck stop/services 2 days prior
DBCrossed

Post by DBCrossed »

shaunicon21 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:50 am
DBCrossed wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:47 am
my company didn't have a clue and neither did i... They do now!... Apparently got to book in at a truck stop/services 2 days prior
I mentioned it a while ago (in January) to the company I Subbie out of in Tamworth- they knew nothing either but now they adjust the runs so we’re out of the area every night & don’t put so many drops on 👍
Dever+Go

Post by Dever+Go »

Unfortunately I don't even think they need signs up saying
jimegioMud

Post by jimegioMud »

As for time to remove it. They say approximately 2hrs from payment. Could be less but often more.
Marcupp.WS

Post by Marcupp.WS »

jimegioMud wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:54 am As for time to remove it. They say approximately 2hrs from payment. Could be less but often more.
been waiting 3 hours lol
jimegioMud

Post by jimegioMud »

Marcupp.WS wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:54 am
jimegioMud wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:54 am As for time to remove it. They say approximately 2hrs from payment. Could be less but often more.
been waiting 3 hours lol
sounds about right.
32blancines

Post by 32blancines »

I'm afraid you have absolutely no recourse on this whatsoever. Until our industry grows a backbone and boycotts Kent it will continue...
OAKJeans

Post by OAKJeans »

Hope they haven’t scratched the alloy
lee.blacken

Post by lee.blacken »

Claim for a new alloy if scratched
Marcupp.WS

Post by Marcupp.WS »

lee.blacken wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:02 am Claim for a new alloy if scratched
I was thinking that lol
PATVulture

Post by PATVulture »

lee.blacken wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:02 am Claim for a new alloy if scratched
I was gonna say the same mate, bet they wouldn’t like it if we put chains on their alloys
Rich.Sublime

Post by Rich.Sublime »

There is signage as you enter the parking restriction zone
22stevenomzo

Post by 22stevenomzo »

Surely the PCN isn’t signed by the officer so isn’t valid? Cut the bastard off and carry on
wrightvo46

Post by wrightvo46 »

22stevenomzo wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:06 am Surely the PCN isn’t signed by the officer so isn’t valid? Cut the bastard off and carry on
correct no number or officers details
BillyzeMAN

Post by BillyzeMAN »

Drivers are just cash cows now
Rich.Sublime

Post by Rich.Sublime »

BillyzeMAN wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:10 am Drivers are just cash cows now
only if they break the rules or don’t bother looking at road signs
BillyzeMAN

Post by BillyzeMAN »

Rich.Sublime wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:10 am
put that many rules out you're bound to get caught short eventually. How many other professions are threatened with so many heavy fines on a daily basis?
Rich.Sublime

Post by Rich.Sublime »

BillyzeMAN wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:11 am
put that many rules out you're bound to get caught short eventually. How many other professions are threatened with so many heavy fines on a daily basis?
don’t get fined by dvsa for a occasional infringement
Should plan parking and have a back up location
BillyzeMAN

Post by BillyzeMAN »

Rich.Sublime wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:11 am

Ah sorry just realized who I'm speaking to. Mr F**king Perfect.
Rich.Sublime

Post by Rich.Sublime »

BillyzeMAN wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:12 am

nah I’m far from perfect but I accept responsibility for my actions and don’t act like everyone is out to get me
BillyzeMAN

Post by BillyzeMAN »

Rich.Sublime wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:16 am

nah I’m far from perfect but I accept responsibility for my actions and don’t act like everyone is out to get me
are those poke balls filled with wheel clamps that you throw at the tyres of unruly drivers 🤔
Rich.Sublime

Post by Rich.Sublime »

BillyzeMAN wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:17 am

are those poke balls filled with wheel clamps that you throw at the tyres of unruly drivers 🤔
gotta catch em all.
No that’s not a job I would ever do
Yalle+Byte

Post by Yalle+Byte »

Rich.Sublime wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:17 am

gotta catch em all.
you can predict that the company your delivering to will be closed or closing and won’t tip you? Send me your magic ball so I could manage that too.
Rich.Sublime

Post by Rich.Sublime »

Yalle+Byte wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:18 am

gotta catch em all.
you can predict that the company your delivering to will be closed or closing and won’t tip you? Send me your magic ball so I could manage that too.
no but I would have parked somewhere legal and return next day
Yalle+Byte

Post by Yalle+Byte »

Rich.Sublime wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:18 am

gotta catch em all.
what if he was out of hours? By somewhere legal means running out of Kent? A lot of wasted mileage and fuel reckon your boss would be happy with that? 🤦‍♂️
Rich.Sublime

Post by Rich.Sublime »

what if he was out of hours? By somewhere legal means running out of Kent? A lot of wasted mileage and fuel reckon your boss would be happy with that? 🤦‍♂️
then that’s poor planning
He would have been out of hours after there drop if he was out of hours then
Yalle+Byte

Post by Yalle+Byte »

Rich.Sublime wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:19 am

ok scrap the out of hours because you’re right that would be poor planning. but go back to the running out of Kent wasting fuel and time. Would you really do it? 🤷‍♂️
Rich.Sublime

Post by Rich.Sublime »

Yalle+Byte wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:19 am

ok scrap the out of hours because you’re right that would be poor planning. but go back to the running out of Kent wasting fuel and time. Would you really do it? 🤷‍♂️
would give the boss a choice get clamped they pay for removal or I park in services which they pay for
kevingree19

Post by kevingree19 »

Rich.Sublime wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:20 am
Yalle+Byte wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:19 am

would give the boss a choice get clamped they pay for removal or I park in services which they pay for
Tell your boss to buy you some clamps put the. On when you park and then they are f**ked
DINSTalented

Post by DINSTalented »

Cut the chain, it’s technically not part of the clamp!
jimegioMud

Post by jimegioMud »

DINSTalented wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:21 am Cut the chain, it’s technically not part of the clamp!
what’s the point? It clearly states you’ll be fined if you damage it. Besides, he’s already paid the fine, just waiting for someone to take it off.
yewenHiro

Post by yewenHiro »

Bolt croppers that’s where you /we stand because these c**ts can’t get a proper job, an without lorry’s an drivers there wouldn’t be f**kall in shops or house we live in because it’s all transported,
ARSEH***S
GODY_CRETE

Post by GODY_CRETE »

Wheel brace in the chain. It doesn't look that strong
okta.Brilliant

Post by okta.Brilliant »

If you was sleeping In the cab, I think is Illegal to be clamped, because U was take ur rest!
DARRTracker

Post by DARRTracker »

May be worth carrying fake plates for parking in Kent and a battery angle grinder
twamOlympic

Post by twamOlympic »

DARRTracker wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:35 am May be worth carrying fake plates for parking in Kent and a battery angle grinder
sounds like a good investment 🙂
M.Masonco

Post by M.Masonco »

I think companies need to add this to the cost of delivering in Kent let people in Kent pay for this this is what they want that's what you get
higgin+Saki

Post by higgin+Saki »

M.Masonco wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:39 am I think companies need to add this to the cost of delivering in Kent let people in Kent pay for this this is what they want that's what you get
best idea I’ve seen on here in a long time
HOLDVIEW

Post by HOLDVIEW »

higgin+Saki wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:41 am
M.Masonco wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:39 am I think companies need to add this to the cost of delivering in Kent let people in Kent pay for this this is what they want that's what you get
best idea I’ve seen on here in a long time
That is exactly what happens in London. Congestion and any parking tickets get passed onto the customer
65.trevosheer

Post by 65.trevosheer »

Welcome to Kent been in force since January
Elliott_Hellion

Post by Elliott_Hellion »

There should be a law for free public parking for trucks, lay-bys are free so why shouldn’t a industrial estate be?
11andystandee

Post by 11andystandee »

Elliott_Hellion wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:45 am There should be a law for free public parking for trucks, lay-bys are free so why shouldn’t a industrial estate be?
unless your down Ashford..😉
Elliott_Hellion

Post by Elliott_Hellion »

11andystandee wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:46 am
Elliott_Hellion wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:45 am There should be a law for free public parking for trucks, lay-bys are free so why shouldn’t a industrial estate be?
what a joke of a council
11andystandee

Post by 11andystandee »

Elliott_Hellion wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:47 am
11andystandee wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:46 am
what a joke of a council
Absolutely mate... 💯%
CollinstoPIN

Post by CollinstoPIN »

If drivers could leave industrial estates without dumping all sorts of shite (literally) then we would still be ok to park on them overnight
SebesCent

Post by SebesCent »

We need a course to know how to pick locks. Then there's no damage...
anselleriq_45

Post by anselleriq_45 »

SebesCent wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:50 am We need a course to know how to pick locks. Then there's no damage...
you tube 😉
hanso.canso

Post by hanso.canso »

SebesCent wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:50 am We need a course to know how to pick locks. Then there's no damage...
no damage to it if they can’t find it
SebesCent

Post by SebesCent »

hanso.canso wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:53 am
no damage to it if they can’t find it
even better 🤣
JAY.Letter

Post by JAY.Letter »

I be putting different plates on at. Nite when wake up cut clamp off job done
glennBreeze

Post by glennBreeze »

JAY.Letter wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:54 am I be putting different plates on at. Nite when wake up cut clamp off job done
then keep the clamp for next time so they think you have already been done (saves cutting it off again)
KayDiaram

Post by KayDiaram »

Kent council against hgvs parking in there county should be aware of this they are T@#ts
gaskellSk8r

Post by gaskellSk8r »

Here's your £185 Kent council, accompanied by our invoice to yourselves for the cost to replace the wheel you damaged 🤟🤟🤟
leigham_one

Post by leigham_one »

Why I always carrie a grinder
PaulaniBug

Post by PaulaniBug »

leigham_one wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:01 am Why I always carrie a grinder
the app doesn’t count
BULLIMEDD

Post by BULLIMEDD »

I got one Sunday night mate in Sitting Bourne wankers
robbHoop10

Post by robbHoop10 »

BULLIMEDD wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:03 am I got one Sunday night mate in Sitting Bourne wankers
where was you parked in Sitting Bourne? I used to park on Euro Link Way industrial estate never any bother.
BULLIMEDD

Post by BULLIMEDD »

robbHoop10 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:04 am
BULLIMEDD wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:03 am I got one Sunday night mate in Sitting Bourne wankers
where was you parked in Sitting Bourne? I used to park on Euro Link Way industrial estate never any bother.
outside my drop mate United near asda
downeCinco

Post by downeCinco »

Yep welcome to the “new” Kent.
RAWLINiconn

Post by RAWLINiconn »

Cut it off and throw it in the bushes

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”