They gave me a unit with driver facing camera. Which I refused to drive. They argue that's it's legal to have driver

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
VITA_Division

They gave me a unit with driver facing camera. Which I refused to drive. They argue that's it's legal to have driver

Post by VITA_Division »

They gave me a unit with driver facing camera. Which I refused to drive. They argue that's it's legal to have driver facing camera. Wth? What do you think?
Attachments
A.jpg
A.jpg (76.53 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
B.jpg
B.jpg (62.1 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
C.jpg
C.jpg (41.29 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
D.jpg
D.jpg (79.03 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
E.jpg
E.jpg (113.85 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
StevenyZap

Re: They gave me a unit with driver facing camera. Which I refused to drive. They argue that's it's legal to have driver

Post by StevenyZap »

Just f**king get on with it. If your doing your job correctly and safely you’ll be ok 🤔
dandwin11

Re: They gave me a unit with driver facing camera. Which I refused to drive. They argue that's it's legal to have driver

Post by dandwin11 »

StevenyZap wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:14 am Just f**king get on with it. If your doing your job correctly and safely you’ll be ok 🤔
f**k having spies in ya cab ya softie, they can get f**ked! 😂🤣
StevenyZap

Post by StevenyZap »

dandwin11 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:16 am
StevenyZap wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:14 am Just f**king get on with it. If your doing your job correctly and safely you’ll be ok 🤔
would it bother ya?? Don’t see
It being an issue. It’s a safety device for the driver aswell 👌
dandwin11

Post by dandwin11 »

StevenyZap wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:16 am
dandwin11 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:16 am
would it bother ya?? Don’t see
It being an issue. It’s a safety device for the driver aswell 👌
just another spy in cab, ya a fool if you think they give a dam about us lol. As long as loads are met on time that's all they care about.
Adriany.Asp

Post by Adriany.Asp »

they cannot watch you when you are driving..its for insurance purposes and to assist the driver should they have to use the footage..we only have two managers at my company that can assess the footage only, i don't get why drivers refuse them in vehicles or try and turn them away.🤔
Lukellar_18

Post by Lukellar_18 »

Adriany.Asp wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:19 am
they cannot watch you when you are driving..its for insurance purposes and to assist the driver should they have to use the footage..we only have two managers at my company that can assess the footage only, i don't get why drivers refuse them in vehicles or try and turn them away.🤔
why cause most of the times is because I.e they wanna have a fag in the cab or watch Netflix while there driving which I see on a daily occasion
richievaGO

Post by richievaGO »

Sod that, I’d not like being filmed.
BLACKLEXY

Post by BLACKLEXY »

richievaGO wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:23 am Sod that, I’d not like being filmed.
as opposed to being filmed everywhere else you go? Shops, petrol stations, restaurants, even your own house by your or your neighbors cctv? It’s literally no different, the ones who make a fuss about it are usually the ones who are doing something they shouldn’t be while driving. 🤦‍♂️
richievaGO

Post by richievaGO »

BLACKLEXY wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:25 am
as opposed to being filmed everywhere else you go? Shops, petrol stations, restaurants, even your own house by your or your neighbors cctv? It’s literally no different, the ones who make a fuss about it are usually the ones who are doing something they shouldn’t be while driving. 🤦‍♂️
Yea but that’s not up close. CCTV is different.
BLACKLEXY

Post by BLACKLEXY »

richievaGO wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:25 am
go on I’ll bite, how is it any different?
richievaGO

Post by richievaGO »

BLACKLEXY wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:26 am

Of course it is man. Most CCTV is from a distance. Last thing you want is a bloody camera literally in your face.
BLACKLEXY

Post by BLACKLEXY »

richievaGO wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:26 am

Of course it is man. Most CCTV is from a distance. Last thing you want is a bloody camera literally in your face.
you mean like this one I’ve got right here? It’s no different to any other form of cctv, in your face or 5 meters away it’ll still see you doing anything you’re not supposed to be. You scared it’s gonna see the bogies up your nose lol?
Attachments
Photo.jpg
Photo.jpg (42.48 KiB) Viewed 991 times
iannichoJR

Post by iannichoJR »

BLACKLEXY wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:27 am

you mean like this one I’ve got right here? It’s no different to any other form of cctv, in your face or 5 meters away it’ll still see you doing anything you’re not supposed to be. You scared it’s gonna see the bogies up your nose lol?
it would be really distracting to me, as I like to look good on camera! 🤣
neillyChone

Post by neillyChone »

are you telling me that you are happy for someone to be able to watch you talking to you Wife/Bank etc. on legal Bluetooth device. Watching you eat, pick your, scratch your arse. They wouldn't allow a company to watch them at there desk. Your cab is your personal private space, having a camera in would make you paranoid all day
BLACKLEXY

Post by BLACKLEXY »

neillyChone wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:45 am

are you telling me that you are happy for someone to be able to watch you talking to you Wife/Bank etc. on legal Bluetooth device. Watching you eat, pick your, scratch your arse. They wouldn't allow a company to watch them at there desk. Your cab is your personal private space, having a camera in would make you paranoid all day
well for one the cameras don’t record sound mate, so they can’t listen to me talk to the missus or a bank etc. Plus like I said, they’ve got a lot better things to do than sit and watch 100’s of drivers all day 😂.. that’s the paranoid side of you that makes you think otherwise.
richievaGO

Post by richievaGO »

No the idea of it just seems really invasive. I mean what was it like at first?
BLACKLEXY

Post by BLACKLEXY »

richievaGO wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:46 am

the first week yea you’re a little paranoid about it thinking what if someone on the other end is watching you etc, but the reality is they’ve got more important things to do, it’s only there for insurance purposes and to prove your innocence if something were to happen. Before long you literally forget it’s there anymore.
richievaGO

Post by richievaGO »

BLACKLEXY wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:46 am

the first week yea you’re a little paranoid about it thinking what if someone on the other end is watching you etc, but the reality is they’ve got more important things to do, it’s only there for insurance purposes and to prove your innocence if something were to happen. Before long you literally forget it’s there anymore.
I suppose it would take some getting used to.
BLACKLEXY

Post by BLACKLEXY »

richievaGO wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:47 am
BLACKLEXY wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:46 am

I suppose it would take some getting used to.
doesn’t take as long as you’d imagine, like I said if you’re not doing anything you shouldn’t be, then you’ve nothing to be bothered about. It doesn’t record sound either for all the people saying it’s an invasion of your private conversations.
Jamess4me

Post by Jamess4me »

What you doing whilst driving that’s illegal you don’t want on camera?
jefferusly01

Post by jefferusly01 »

Jamess4me wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:50 am What you doing whilst driving that’s illegal you don’t want on camera?
What you doing in your kitchen that’s illegal you don’t want on camera?
Jamess4me

Post by Jamess4me »

jefferusly01 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:51 am
Jamess4me wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:50 am What you doing whilst driving that’s illegal you don’t want on camera?
they go off when ignition is off or Tacho set on break?
jefferusly01

Post by jefferusly01 »

Jamess4me wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:51 am
Ok cool. The one in your kitchen will switch off when you dish up the meal and turn the hob off.
Jamess4me

Post by Jamess4me »

jefferusly01 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:52 am
Jamess4me wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:51 am

Ok cool. The one in your kitchen will switch off when you dish up the meal and turn the hob off.
at least your making complete sense 😂😂
neillyChone

Post by neillyChone »

Jamess4me

Post by Jamess4me »

neillyChone wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:53 am
during a break they aren’t on and if your paranoid that they are on cover them over, whilst driving anything that covers me from being blamed in an accident, I have nothing to hide whilst driving so wouldn’t be bothered at all
mcMateford

Post by mcMateford »

Now day as it recorded your private conversation as well wtf 🤬
CROSSDaily

Post by CROSSDaily »

No it isn’t
We have them at Freight liner they just point forward
21.adricopy

Post by 21.adricopy »

CROSSDaily wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:03 am No it isn’t
We have them at Freight liner they just point forward
mate it is LITERALLY pointing at the drivers seat‼️ 😅😅😅
Huds_Quant

Post by Huds_Quant »

Go drive it just put a sticker over the camera job done
ASHONIXIR

Post by ASHONIXIR »

Great Bear are same aswell f**k that
mcMateford

Post by mcMateford »

It stays recording 5 minutes after turning off ignition
TonyMoffz

Post by TonyMoffz »

mcMateford wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:08 am It stays recording 5 minutes after turning off ignition
that's an extra 5 mins per break then, if its recording then it's not my private time.
DrabbPREP

Post by DrabbPREP »

roby+babixz wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:12 am Put tape over them 👍🏻
no problem with that but the chances are you’ll be looking for a new job……might as well just leave
TonyMoffz

Post by TonyMoffz »

If you arent doing anything illegal then what's wrong with it recording while you're driving, if anything bad happens it'll prove your innocence.
The only issue I have is if it was recording while on break.
BRADDraven

Post by BRADDraven »

TonyMoffz wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:14 am If you arent doing anything illegal then what's wrong with it recording while you're driving, if anything bad happens it'll prove your innocence.
if only that were true though, this camera is no aid to the driver at all, it can only ever help your company in evidence for disciplinary action or the police as evidence against you, out side cams are a good thing, they can definitely help prove your innocence, not these though.
TonyMoffz

Post by TonyMoffz »

BRADDraven wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:15 am
TonyMoffz wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:14 am If you arent doing anything illegal then what's wrong with it recording while you're driving, if anything bad happens it'll prove your innocence.
if only that were true though, this camera is no aid to the driver at all, it can only ever help your company in evidence for disciplinary action or the police as evidence against you, out side cams are a good thing, they can definitely help prove your innocence, not these though.
if they prove you weren't distracted by making a cup of tea etc when an incident occurs it helps prove your innocence, don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of them however thinking they are only used against you is simply wrong.
BRADDraven

Post by BRADDraven »

TonyMoffz wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:15 am
BRADDraven wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:15 am
if they prove you weren't distracted by making a cup of tea etc when an incident occurs it helps prove your innocence, don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of them however thinking they are only used against you is simply wrong.
no that’s exactly my point, it can prove you did something wrong, it will never help you.
For example, you we’re paying full attention and still had a bump, you now in exactly the same position you’d be if that camera wasn’t there.
However if for example you were changing radio stations or some other innocuous thing as the time, a bump that may have been considered 50/50 is now entirely your fault as the insurance has evidence of your lack of attention, never mind that the other party may have been doing something equally as careless, but they didn’t have an camera pointing at them, so there’s no evidence of it.
elvissNumber1

Post by elvissNumber1 »

the camera is on only when the engine running, so you don’t have to worry about your break
weardayAut

Post by weardayAut »

so they get to perv on me if I itch my balls or pick me nose or piss in me bottle na thanks or even undress for bed
TonyMoffz

Post by TonyMoffz »

weardayAut wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:19 am
so they get to perv on me if I itch my balls or pick me nose or piss in me bottle na thanks or even undress for bed
you curtains cover it, and you don't pick your nose or scratch ya nuts infront of anyone?
neillyChone

Post by neillyChone »

Thaed+Play

Post by Thaed+Play »

Legal or not, if it has a camera, it won't have me driving it.
TonyMoffz

Post by TonyMoffz »

Thaed+Play wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:21 am Legal or not, if it has a camera, it won't have me driving it.
I have a similar issue with trucks that have been smoked in, if it stinks of fags they get the keys back. Nowt wrong with a camera recording my work time.
ukiEssence

Post by ukiEssence »

Yeah it’s legal
Maritime have had them for years
They only download the footage if there’s been an incident or complaint to check that the driver was doing what he was supposed to be doing
Crack in you’ll be fine 😂
Nicker.cobb

Post by Nicker.cobb »

ukiEssence wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:22 am Yeah it’s legal
They only download the footage if there’s been an incident or complaint to check that the driver was doing what he was supposed to be doing
so, they don't trust their drivers... And u accept it...
ukiEssence

Post by ukiEssence »

Nicker.cobb wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:23 am
so, they don't trust their drivers... And u accept it...
it works both ways
Where I work don’t have them lol
2crainaryho

Post by 2crainaryho »

yes this is correct. I just do the odd moony when on a night out 😂
KrisPriceless

Post by KrisPriceless »

Everyone just puts a face mask over the one facing the driver from what I've seen. Only have forward facing where I work.
Beddency.Dev

Post by Beddency.Dev »

If your doing nothing wrong what’s the problem?
JoeyCooey

Post by JoeyCooey »

Mine doesn’t film me but it dose record in cab noise. And it’s able to give a live feed 😵😵
vincentos.34

Post by vincentos.34 »

JoeyCooey wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:30 am Mine doesn’t film me but it dose record in cab noise. And it’s able to give a live feed 😵😵
which means no getting bored with idle hands 😄
vincentos.34

Post by vincentos.34 »

DRIVER facing camera on fleet trucks are active forward facing. But the internal camera monitors yourself and your actions on very harsh braking or a collision
RUtherNot

Post by RUtherNot »

Tape an aerosol can lid over it job done ✔
They haven't got cameras on there office desks
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (228.46 KiB) Viewed 917 times
31robertmain

Post by 31robertmain »

It's for your benefit what's the problem if your doing your job right
derekennyTD

Post by derekennyTD »

Cover it. If they make a fuss about it, hand in the keys snd walk in the next yard
Walshippu_77

Post by Walshippu_77 »

Sorry but I’ve had cameras in my cab for years. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest if they wanna watch me wanking that's up to them lol
daviddGD

Post by daviddGD »

Walshippu_77 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:46 am Sorry but I’ve had cameras in my cab for years. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest if they wanna watch me wanking that's up to them lol
lmao hahahaha that was funny that one lol
meyerexopTagz

Post by meyerexopTagz »

And they wonder why people don’t want to do the job anymore…
redmplers34

Post by redmplers34 »

Just think if you were to have a non fault accident it would probably save your skin, just cover it whilst your parked,,
derekennyTD

Post by derekennyTD »

redmplers34 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:54 am Just think if you were to have a non fault accident it would probably save your skin, just cover it whilst your parked,,
how? Usually is the outside facing cameras saves your ass... How will this save u while recording WHAT U ARE DOING?
NELLSONDO

Post by NELLSONDO »

redmplers34 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:54 am Just think if you were to have a non fault accident it would probably save your skin, just cover it whilst your parked,,
yep that’s what I do now. On my breaks it’s covered up
Kiemedi.Man

Post by Kiemedi.Man »

I’m sure the 5 cameras on the outside would be sufficient for a non fault claim if the driver has done something wrong it would be blatantly obvious from those no need for internal, it’s just corporate bill sh*t
redmplers34

Post by redmplers34 »

Kiemedi.Man wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:58 am
I’m sure the 5 cameras on the outside would be sufficient for a non fault claim if the driver has done something wrong it would be blatantly obvious from those no need for internal, it’s just corporate bill sh*t
let's think back 2yrs to the tragedy on the A34 when the 2 children and mother got killed, incab camera found he was messing with music on his phone... If that had been caused for some other innocent reason the penalty wouldn't have been so harse, can't see what the problem is with incab camera if you play by the book, mine I just cover up with spray can lid in my time..
Kiemedi.Man

Post by Kiemedi.Man »

redmplers34 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:59 am
Kiemedi.Man wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:58 am
let's think back 2yrs to the tragedy on the A34 when the 2 children and mother got killed, incab camera found he was messing with music on his phone... If that had been caused for some other innocent reason the penalty wouldn't have been so harse, can't see what the problem is with incab camera if you play by the book, mine I just cover up with spray can lid in my time..
ok that’s a fair comment but what if they are checking on their tacho head does that have the same penalty because your equally not paying attention as changing music?
neillyChone

Post by neillyChone »

redmplers34

Post by redmplers34 »

neillyChone wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:00 am
your cab is your place of work owned by the wage payer, there name on the door there shout, anything confidential like having a whinge with another driver I leave till I'm parked up and after 5 mins it goes off automatically, plus do you really think somebody wants to sit there all day long watching you, we've 70odd vehicles, they'd need some sort of staff just to ear wig,
skinned_zinn

Post by skinned_zinn »

Complain to Europe about your human rights are being violated 😂
markkPOLL

Post by markkPOLL »

Cover it with tape or cut wire

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”