What's everyone say about this? Considering you're doing hazard chemicals such as caustic, connecting the pipes in

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Apell+Unwell

What's everyone say about this? Considering you're doing hazard chemicals such as caustic, connecting the pipes in

Post by Apell+Unwell »

What's everyone say about this? Considering you're doing hazard chemicals such as caustic, connecting the pipes in the plants etc..
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (188.31 KiB) Viewed 917 times
thomoCars

Re: What's everyone say about this? Considering you're doing hazard chemicals such as caustic, connecting the pipes in

Post by thomoCars »

Thought slavery was abolished
GuuyPersonal

Re: What's everyone say about this? Considering you're doing hazard chemicals such as caustic, connecting the pipes in

Post by GuuyPersonal »

Considering Rees are owned by the same people I work for (isotank) that pay is shocking.
VERNOTTHE_88

Post by VERNOTTHE_88 »

GuuyPersonal wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:13 pm Considering Rees are owned by the same people I work for (isotank) that pay is shocking.
isotank was crap wages aswell
GuuyPersonal

Post by GuuyPersonal »

VERNOTTHE_88 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:13 pm
GuuyPersonal wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:13 pm Considering Rees are owned by the same people I work for (isotank) that pay is shocking.
to be fair it's very good now. Or at least at the West Thurrock depot it is.
VERNOTTHE_88

Post by VERNOTTHE_88 »

GuuyPersonal wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:14 pm
VERNOTTHE_88 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:13 pm
to be fair it's very good now. Or at least at the West Thurrock depot it is.
that's good then, I worked for em on a contract in Birmingham. Was terrible
andisswoMOT

Post by andisswoMOT »

I see why it's advertised. That's just above minimum wage
STLeventis

Post by STLeventis »

andisswoMOT wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:15 pm I see why it's advertised. That's just above minimum wage
below minimum wage
andisswoMOT

Post by andisswoMOT »

STLeventis wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:15 pm
andisswoMOT wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:15 pm I see why it's advertised. That's just above minimum wage
below minimum wage
thought it was £10.47
STLeventis

Post by STLeventis »

andisswoMOT wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:16 pm
below minimum wage
thought it was £10.47
the rate is 10 per hour 15 overtime
simpMumbler

Post by simpMumbler »

10.42 mate
andisswoMOT

Post by andisswoMOT »

STLeventis wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:16 pm
andisswoMOT wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:16 pm

below minimum wage
thought it was £10.47
the rate is 10 per hour 15 overtime
at the top of the page it states £10.50ph. this is why I said it's just above min wage
loweicommo96

Post by loweicommo96 »

£3 a day meal allowance. Not even enough for a coffee 😔
Igna_Farer

Post by Igna_Farer »

loweicommo96 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:19 pm £3 a day meal allowance. Not even enough for a coffee 😔
can’t even get meal deal at Tesco’s now lol
STANDpoint

Post by STANDpoint »

loweicommo96 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:19 pm £3 a day meal allowance. Not even enough for a coffee 😔
u can only by two greggs sausages rolls for that that’s not even a meal deal from Tesco cos at Tescos for a meal deal is 3.40 with there club card without its 3.90
Maxi.Mckay

Post by Maxi.Mckay »

stop having marshmallows on the top😁
FoxPhreek

Post by FoxPhreek »

Maxi.Mckay wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:22 pm
stop having marshmallows on the top😁
please elaborate?
vasille2free

Post by vasille2free »

Wales never throws up the best rates, I work with lads in Avonmouth that travel from around Cardiff( because the money is so poor)
paulloyKid

Post by paulloyKid »

Isn't minimum wage £10.42 now 🤔🤔
White+Base

Post by White+Base »

paulloyKid wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:25 pm Isn't minimum wage £10.42 now 🤔🤔
yes it is. Goes to show what a shower this lot are.
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!
DereVamp

Post by DereVamp »

White+Base wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:27 pm
yes it is. Goes to show what a shower this lot are.
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!
It says £10.50 @ the top of the advert tho! Probably an old advert not been updated!
Even still! Peanuts, pay and monkeys....
andre_wayco

Post by andre_wayco »

£10.42 is national LIVING wage mate, not minimum wage.... that's £10.18.
NLW isn't legally enforceable tho.
WOUTILLE

Post by WOUTILLE »

Drive in NL a lot of job offers and good mony
kr+Glimmer

Post by kr+Glimmer »

Disgusting wage for ADR. My basic is more than that overtime rate. And I'm on general haulage non ADR
colliewi912

Post by colliewi912 »

Break it down to a 50 hour week and it works out at £12.45 an hour for a 10 hour day or £12.87 for a 12 hour day. That is including the driver retention bonus so you have to do 6 months to get that rate. Yeah it is pretty piss poor really.
yvonnJINN

Post by yvonnJINN »

I bet they don't get many takers
Nei.Netman

Post by Nei.Netman »

yvonnJINN wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:45 pm I bet they don't get many takers
the sad thing is, they will and that is how they get away with it, people go and work for these creatures
ggrantone25

Post by ggrantone25 »

Is it even legal to offer below minimum wage?
Andd.Cincox

Post by Andd.Cincox »

Just got to laugh at these rates, especially £3 pound meal allowance, doesn't even get you a meal deal of dry sandwich, bag of chrisps and a small vbottle off pop.
IRVINESCO

Post by IRVINESCO »

can get more working in a warehouse and being home every night
will+fully

Post by will+fully »

Can't even stretch to the £26.20 allowed for a night out?!
ellingertoXP

Post by ellingertoXP »

will+fully wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:49 pm Can't even stretch to the £26.20 allowed for a night out?!
isn't it a positive for the company anyway as it can be claimed against the corporation tax
Greg_Cooled

Post by Greg_Cooled »

Wish they end up transporting liquids in "alternative ways"
KennCrown

Post by KennCrown »

Even Turners pay more than that for non adr!
And that’s really saying something!
lanexch_15

Post by lanexch_15 »

KennCrown wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:54 pm Even Turners pay more than that for non adr!
nothing wrong with turners good meal allowance fuel bonus & yearly bonus. All latest trucks & good trailers
KennCrown

Post by KennCrown »

lanexch_15 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:55 pm
KennCrown wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:54 pm Even Turners pay more than that for non adr!
nothing wrong with turners good meal allowance fuel bonus & yearly bonus. All latest trucks & good trailers
having worked for them, we will have to disagree as there is plenty wrong with Turners
PAUCINEXS

Post by PAUCINEXS »

Nope, not enough if you value yourself as a professional with the added extra of ADR
foxallen21

Post by foxallen21 »

PAUCINEXS wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:56 pm Nope, not enough if you value yourself as a professional with the added extra of ADR
class 2 on tankers, similar work, I'm on £14.30 basic. £20.02 after 40 hours and first 4 hours of a Saturday then £25.74 Sundays, bank holidays and after the 4 hours on a Saturday. Nights out you get digs and £30. I'm happy with that
Stepayer.Max

Post by Stepayer.Max »

PAUCINEXS wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:56 pm Nope, not enough if you value yourself as a professional with the added extra of ADR
what's a professional?
PAUCINEXS

Post by PAUCINEXS »

Stepayer.Max wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:57 pm
what's a professional?
not you, get back on ya buses 🤣🤣🤣🤣
PAUCINEXS

Post by PAUCINEXS »

what's a professional?
r u coming to my birthday party? Bring the Mrs too
Stepayer.Max

Post by Stepayer.Max »

PAUCINEXS wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:58 pm
what's a professional?
of course we're coming 😁
ogillpugg51

Post by ogillpugg51 »

Stepayer.Max wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:58 pm
PAUCINEXS wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:58 pm

what's a professional?
of course we're coming 😁
ask Bodie and Doyle🤣
keevinBigg

Post by keevinBigg »

did you just use the word professional 🤔 🤣🤣
Stanis_Munde

Post by Stanis_Munde »

I’ve getting £15 on bin wagon plus £22 after 8 hrs the absolute wronguns
keirenKelp

Post by keirenKelp »

Shouldn't even advertise this shocking
bennyPENNI

Post by bennyPENNI »

Oh be still my beating heart a whole £3.00 meal allowance, that won't even buy a sandwich on the motorway. If they paid a fair wage they will find they don't need to pay a retention bonus, I hope no one applies and they wake up to the problem they are causing themselves.
STANDpoint

Post by STANDpoint »

bennyPENNI wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:04 pm Oh be still my beating heart a whole £3.00 meal allowance, that won't even buy a sandwich on the motorway. If they paid a fair wage they will find they don't need to pay a retention bonus, I hope no one applies and they wake up to the problem they are causing themselves.
that will not even pay for a Tescos meal deal even with there club card
JOSHERUPP

Post by JOSHERUPP »

I work for a kitchen company, class 2, home every night, not the hardest job. £15 a hour. With 3k bonus a year…
MARthinis

Post by MARthinis »

Since moving from kent to south wales, I can see someone taking that at £10.50 per hour, I’m just glad I don’t drive trucks anymore, but here there is so many on benefits system, the welsh government give you everything, the wife and I laugh at the way it is here, the wife started a new job a couple of months ago, just a little part time job to pay for holiday and stuff, when she got paid after the first week, her money was wrong, when questioned the owner, she was told I don’t pay the minimum wage (at the £9.50) she only paid £9, the wife told her to poke the job, but then the owner agreed to pay the right rate, it’s the way the welsh seem to work, pay as cheap as you can, cut costs and don’t give a good service.
thomoCars

Post by thomoCars »

MARthinis wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:08 pm Since moving from kent to south wales, I can see someone taking that at £10.50 per hour, I’m just glad I don’t drive trucks anymore, but here there is so many on benefits system, the welsh government give you everything, the wife and I laugh at the way it is here, the wife started a new job a couple of months ago, just a little part time job to pay for holiday and stuff, when she got paid after the first week, her money was wrong, when questioned the owner, she was told I don’t pay the minimum wage (at the £9.50) she only paid £9, the wife told her to poke the job, but then the owner agreed to pay the right rate, it’s the way the welsh seem to work, pay as cheap as you can, cut costs and don’t give a good service.
deffo not a Welsh thing. Employers take the mick everywhere
MARthinis

Post by MARthinis »

thomoCars wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:09 pm
MARthinis wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:08 pm Since moving from kent to south wales, I can see someone taking that at £10.50 per hour, I’m just glad I don’t drive trucks anymore, but here there is so many on benefits system, the welsh government give you everything, the wife and I laugh at the way it is here, the wife started a new job a couple of months ago, just a little part time job to pay for holiday and stuff, when she got paid after the first week, her money was wrong, when questioned the owner, she was told I don’t pay the minimum wage (at the £9.50) she only paid £9, the wife told her to poke the job, but then the owner agreed to pay the right rate, it’s the way the welsh seem to work, pay as cheap as you can, cut costs and don’t give a good service.
deffo not a Welsh thing. Employers take the mick everywhere
it’s worse here take it from me, having moved here from Kent, it’s definitely worse
abramyxia.41

Post by abramyxia.41 »

Minimum wage 10.42 😅, there actually saying 10 pound in the description
alass.Cnemis

Post by alass.Cnemis »

Companies like that deserve to go bust and anyone that even considers working for them needs their heads looking at, those rates are a pisstake
ChubzDot

Post by ChubzDot »

10.50 is minimum wage and I've never worked in a warehouse that didn't do time and half after 40 or so hours, never understand how companies can expect someone to sink 3 and half grand into training and then take full responsibility of a 44 tonne machine for the lowest wage they can give you
rickercoLil

Post by rickercoLil »

I’m sure that’s below minimum wage
duncami.Dj

Post by duncami.Dj »

Absolutely shocking , sad thing is you just know they’ll have plenty of takers.
priorGeneral

Post by priorGeneral »

Gardhamet+TY wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:16 pm Bloody hell is this from 2012?
most probably is there owned by isotank now and they pay about £13 per hour
STANDpoint

Post by STANDpoint »

Sod that and with adr as well if it’s adr it should be min £20 per hour and up all on what the adr is
STANDpoint

Post by STANDpoint »

Ppl who work at McDonald’s are on better pay than that I think they are on £11 or £12 per hour
KitchemayGO

Post by KitchemayGO »

£11hr on till at aldi Rees disgusting
wolfeeno_36

Post by wolfeeno_36 »

This pay is an absolute joke! Don’t if entertain them! Dreaming!
rhunifac77

Post by rhunifac77 »

Disgusting how they try to rip people off
AshravicePA

Post by AshravicePA »

15hr overtime!!! Ccoorrrr I wish I lived closer ide apply for that yesterday!!!
GINGEST.08

Post by GINGEST.08 »

AshravicePA wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:23 pm 15hr overtime!!! Ccoorrrr I wish I lived closer ide apply for that yesterday!!!
you make me piss lol
AshravicePA

Post by AshravicePA »

GINGEST.08 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:23 pm
AshravicePA wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:23 pm 15hr overtime!!! Ccoorrrr I wish I lived closer ide apply for that yesterday!!!
you make me piss lol
I just can't help myself 😂
istediant45

Post by istediant45 »

Would rather work mc donalds this is an insult or a joke leave it parked up.
Damattone_Fix

Post by Damattone_Fix »

They have several lorrys on the road and if I remember right they are all singing and dancing so obviously some people are daft enough to drive for them!

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”