Are they having a laugh with this or do you guys at Curries actually go out tramping for £500 a week?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
miln0rry

Are they having a laugh with this or do you guys at Curries actually go out tramping for £500 a week?

Post by miln0rry »

Are they having a laugh with this or do you guys at Curries actually go out tramping for £500 a week? 🤯
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (198.04 KiB) Viewed 282 times
ALBURTTiS

Re: Are they having a laugh with this or do you guys at Curries actually go out tramping for £500 a week?

Post by ALBURTTiS »

They want to change their rules to let newbies in is all I can say 🤣
gabbo2091

Re: Are they having a laugh with this or do you guys at Curries actually go out tramping for £500 a week?

Post by gabbo2091 »

Wow that is a bad rate of pay for silly shifts
miln0rry

Post by miln0rry »

gabbo2091 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:19 am Wow that is a bad rate of pay for silly shifts
it's a bad rate of pay for any shifts driving an artic!
gabbo2091

Post by gabbo2091 »

miln0rry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:19 am
gabbo2091 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:19 am Wow that is a bad rate of pay for silly shifts
it's a bad rate of pay for any shifts driving an artic!
yes that’s what I mean mate
Robsequ

Post by Robsequ »

I'm assuming that's basic as it mentions overtime plus nights out on top decent for 32 hours 🤣
ianesst70

Post by ianesst70 »

Get that on Mon-Friday days...
jonne.paul

Post by jonne.paul »

Free parking and cycle to work though 👌
whillex

Post by whillex »

I don’t think that’s what the ad implies. It says you are guaranteed £500 per week. It also states there is overtime! Most companies put you on overtime after 8 to 10 hours so I’m guessing it is actually quite a well-paid job. If you’re getting £500 a week for 40 hours, and in theory you can do a further 18 hours of overtime and you are going to be up around £700 for a four day week.
miln0rry

Post by miln0rry »

whillex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:23 am I don’t think that’s what the ad implies. It says you are guaranteed £500 per week. It also states there is overtime! Most companies put you on overtime after 8 to 10 hours so I’m guessing it is actually quite a well-paid job. If you’re getting £500 a week for 40 hours, and in theory you can do a further 18 hours of overtime and you are going to be up around £700 for a four day week.
I'm not sure it does.
Either way, would you would sleep out all week and do 58 hours for £700? That's still not a good deal!
whillex

Post by whillex »

miln0rry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:23 am
whillex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:23 am I don’t think that’s what the ad implies. It says you are guaranteed £500 per week. It also states there is overtime! Most companies put you on overtime after 8 to 10 hours so I’m guessing it is actually quite a well-paid job. If you’re getting £500 a week for 40 hours, and in theory you can do a further 18 hours of overtime and you are going to be up around £700 for a four day week.
I'm not sure it does.
Either way, would you would sleep out all week and do 58 hours for £700? That's still not a good deal!
yeah I definitely would mate. It’s the equivalent to just under £900 take-home for a five day shift, if what I think is right! Where I’m from that is a very good wage for driving class one. I’m guaranteed eight hours a day which on my lower rate is quite poor. That doesn’t change the fact that most weeks around £900 take home once over time and bonuses are added on.
ComellSmugg

Post by ComellSmugg »

I'm not sure it does.
so who do you work for and what’s your wage so we can all apply
whillex

Post by whillex »

ComellSmugg wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:26 am
I'm not sure it does.
so who do you work for and what’s your wage so we can all apply
Don’t get me wrong, I work a lot of hours but the pays the pay
trebuttFour

Post by trebuttFour »

overtime is after 48hours. I got that information first hand.
kirnesMann

Post by kirnesMann »

they used to have to do 11 hours before they got overtime and then it was about 10p an hour more than normal rate!
JamPack

Post by JamPack »

Buy your own wagon and you can pay your self more👌👌👌👌
miln0rry

Post by miln0rry »

JamPack wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:30 am Buy your own wagon and you can pay your self more👌👌👌👌
no need to mate, this is highlighted because it takes the piss, plenty pay fairly in comparison.
If your happy with that then your the problem.
AliFerdy

Post by AliFerdy »

Like most jobs it’s the overtime that makes the wages - so basically you’d earn as little or much as you want depending on what you do. Take the nights out money & if it’s guaranteed overtime on top might not be that bad. It’s still better than dole money but given the state of the industry atm it’s each to their own🤷‍♀️
Taynxis

Post by Taynxis »

AliFerdy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:32 am Like most jobs it’s the overtime that makes the wages - so basically you’d earn as little or much as you want depending on what you do. Take the nights out money & if it’s guaranteed overtime on top might not be that bad. It’s still better than dole money but given the state of the industry atm it’s each to their own🤷‍♀️
let me get this straight we should not need to do over time to get a decent wage!!. 🤦🤦
plaudions

Post by plaudions »

Taynxis wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:33 am
AliFerdy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:32 am Like most jobs it’s the overtime that makes the wages - so basically you’d earn as little or much as you want depending on what you do. Take the nights out money & if it’s guaranteed overtime on top might not be that bad. It’s still better than dole money but given the state of the industry atm it’s each to their own🤷‍♀️
let me get this straight we should not need to do over time to get a decent wage!!. 🤦🤦
even on a 4 /4 shift you won’t be doing 40 hrs so overtime I would think is more or less inevitable, what suits one might not suit another.
HarZest

Post by HarZest »

The Transport industry is on its knees pal, just look at the amount of companies that have folded since Christmas. You might not be happy about doing overtime to make your wages up but when it comes to doing overtime and nights out or being on the rock and roll then I know what I would choose. And my pride wouldn't let me choose the chat
Taynxis

Post by Taynxis »

HarZest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:36 am
The Transport industry is on its knees pal, just look at the amount of companies that have folded since Christmas. You might not be happy about doing overtime to make your wages up but when it comes to doing overtime and nights out or being on the rock and roll then I know what I would choose. And my pride wouldn't let me choose the chat
that's why I stay well away from the general haulage because I can earn a decent wage working 40 hours a week and not even have to consider over time or tramping
Shack.Jean

Post by Shack.Jean »

well you do it then.. I make a good living on what I make .. doing 45 hours a week .. no weekends no tramping .. I didn’t spend nearly £5k getting my class 1 do earn pittance.. good luck
HarZest

Post by HarZest »

Shack.Jean wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:39 am

well you do it then.. I make a good living on what I make .. doing 45 hours a week .. no weekends no tramping .. I didn’t spend nearly £5k getting my class 1 do earn pittance.. good luck
Did I say I would do it lippy? But I'm too proud to go on the dole obviously your not. Keep signing on son
Shack.Jean

Post by Shack.Jean »

HarZest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:40 am

Did I say I would do it lippy? But I'm too proud to go on the dole obviously your not. Keep signing on son
well obviously didn’t read it properly .. moron
Shack.Jean

Post by Shack.Jean »

not on the dole .. if you read it properly.. that’s if you can LIPPY
HarZest

Post by HarZest »

Shack.Jean wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:41 am

Just another know it all Newbie boy.
AliFerdy

Post by AliFerdy »

read my post again - each to their own - long as I can pay my bills I’m fine 👍
Shack.Jean

Post by Shack.Jean »

HarZest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:57 am

no not. Newbie .. you work for £10 hour .. your a knobhead obviously .. don’t like to hear the truth…
HarZest

Post by HarZest »

Shack.Jean wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:59 am

no not. Newbie .. you work for £10 hour .. your a knobhead obviously .. don’t like to hear the truth…
No where near as big a knobhead as you Newbie boy
Shack.Jean

Post by Shack.Jean »

HarZest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:59 am

lol your funny
HarZest

Post by HarZest »

Shack.Jean wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:00 pm

lol your funny
I'm Not a newbie boy though 😉
Shack.Jean

Post by Shack.Jean »

HarZest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:00 pm

lol your funny
no and at 56 nor am I .. plus I can pick and choose who I work for .. it’s called experience .. your obviously a sh*t driver to be on sh*t money like you are .. and the fact is I don’t need to work as I’ve got a good pension.. obviously, you’ll have to work till you drop dead .. should have done better at school.. loser
CojetsUpda

Post by CojetsUpda »

lol your funny
nobody cares how long you’ve been driving for.
HarZest

Post by HarZest »

CojetsUpda wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:01 pm

lol your funny
Another Newbie boy
martive

Post by martive »

lol your funny
everyone should care though. Remember all these old school drivers are amazing and know everything. And drove proper proper trucks. Remember they can do no wrong
CojetsUpda

Post by CojetsUpda »

martive wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:03 pm

everyone should care though. Remember all these old school drivers are amazing and know everything. And drove proper proper trucks. Remember they can do no wrong
I’ve had my license for 13 years and even if I hadn’t, what has time served got to do with wanting better conditions?
CojetsUpda

Post by CojetsUpda »

HarZest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:02 pm

Another Newbie boy
compelling argument mate. Well done.
miln0rry

Post by miln0rry »

some guy says it's the basic and they get paid overtime after 48 hours so that means it's actually £10.41 per hour. Is that ok then? 🤣
whillex

Post by whillex »

miln0rry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:04 pm
some guy says it's the basic and they get paid overtime after 48 hours so that means it's actually £10.41 per hour. Is that ok then? 🤣
that’s 48 hrs on a 5 day week so your math is well out.
whillex

Post by whillex »

it’s. Ore like £13 ph as a basic which is ok. Plus OT and night out money.
miln0rry

Post by miln0rry »

whillex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:05 pm
if overtime is paid after 48 hours and the basic weekly wage is £500 it's £10.41.
Petemico679

Post by Petemico679 »

miln0rry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:18 pm

if overtime is paid after 48 hours and the basic weekly wage is £500 it's £10.41.
4 on 4 off tends to be 12 hours per shift to average out on 42 hours a week basic.
AliFerdy

Post by AliFerdy »

not getting dragged into it - read my post each to their own-
brunter

Post by brunter »

Petemico679 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:19 pm

4 on 4 off tends to be 12 hours per shift to average out on 42 hours a week basic.
am i missing something - 12 hours per shift would be 48 then ?..
Petemico679

Post by Petemico679 »

brunter wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:23 pm
Petemico679 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:19 pm

am i missing something - 12 hours per shift would be 48 then ?..
that's assuming you're working 4 shifts a week whereas some weeks your shift pattern could fall with you working sun, Mon, Tues, Wed where you'd only be working 3 days that week.
macPharos

Post by macPharos »

48 hrs is 48 hours, no matter how many days that’s done over.
4x 12 hr shifts
£500 / 48 hrs is always gonna be £10.41ph no matter how you look at it, and considerably below minimum wage come April.
(Maybe basic is based on 40hrs, don’t know)
miln0rry

Post by miln0rry »

macPharos wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:28 pm

4x 12 hr shifts
£500 / 48 hrs is always gonna be £10.41ph no matter how you look at it, and considerably below minimum wage come April.
spot on. From a lot of these comments you can see why the rates so low. There's so many that cannot grasp the basic maths.
Two people on here have confirmed the basic is 48 hours, one even shared his wage slips.
48 hours for £500 is £10.41 no matter how you work it out.
whillex

Post by whillex »

4x 12 hr shifts
I get that but I’ve worked 4/4 for loads of companies and they all put me on over time after 8-9 hrs a day. The 48 isn’t stated in the add and hearsay from another driver who isn’t on that rota. The 48 is usually made up for 5 day rotas so you subtract 9.6hrs from that as you’re on a 4 day rota. That’s how everyone I’ve ever work for did anyway. That been said many now pay double and a time n half for Sunday and Saturday shifts worked. My mate clears 46k at our company on 4/4 with a a few extras a year.
KELLySECCO

Post by KELLySECCO »

miln0rry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:28 pm

4x 12 hr shifts
spot on. From a lot of these comments you can see why the rates so low. There's so many that cannot grasp the basic maths.
Two people on here have confirmed the basic is 48 hours, one even shared his wage slips.
yeah curries will pay someone illegally.
They not that stupid.
Issue with this advert is that no hours are stated so people will assume maximum hours always and calculate based on maximum hours
whillex

Post by whillex »

4x 12 hr shifts
It doesn’t state overtime is paid after 48 hrs and the jobs that do state that are 5 day rotas.
whillex

Post by whillex »

4x 12 hr shifts
also says they are higher salaried. I worked 4/4 for many years and I ages worked out better than those on 5 day rotas
miln0rry

Post by miln0rry »

whillex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:32 pm

4x 12 hr shifts
also says they are higher salaried. I worked 4/4 for many years and I ages worked out better than those on 5 day rotas
it says £500 in the companies advert.
whillex

Post by whillex »

miln0rry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:32 pm

guaranteed 500. I’m guaranteed 8!hrs a day at my basic which is £13 ph. That’s only 520 a week. I’ve never earned anything that low or even been within a few hundred of it. They are stating the bottom line what you’re guaranteed not what you can/will earn.
anngsh22

Post by anngsh22 »

whillex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:34 pm

guaranteed 500. I’m guaranteed 8!hrs a day at my basic which is £13 ph. That’s only 520 a week. I’ve never earned anything that low or even been within a few hundred of it. They are stating the bottom line what you’re guaranteed not what you can/will earn.
if your going to talk sense…your on the wrong site Mate…😂👍
whillex

Post by whillex »

anngsh22 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:35 pm
whillex wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:34 pm

if your going to talk sense…your on the wrong site Mate…😂👍
don’t I know it mate 😂😂
venencia

Post by venencia »

4 on 4 off will have half of the weeks only on 3 days of pay for the week and half will be 4 day weeks
wardEErmark

Post by wardEErmark »

They're only gunna get newbies🤣🤣🤣
mavxin

Post by mavxin »

wardEErmark wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:39 pm They're only gunna get newbies🤣🤣🤣
they don't want em
wardEErmark

Post by wardEErmark »

mavxin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:39 pm
wardEErmark wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:39 pm They're only gunna get newbies🤣🤣🤣
they don't want em
ha, they're gunna struggle then
EdwTastic

Post by EdwTastic »

You’d have to be a complete mug to go for that cheeky bas*ards like someone said above maybe a newbie would go for it to get some experience that’s where they should be aiming with that pay rate 😡
miln0rry

Post by miln0rry »

EdwTastic wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:40 pm You’d have to be a complete mug to go for that cheeky bas*ards like someone said above maybe a newbie would go for it to get some experience that’s where they should be aiming with that pay rate 😡
even as a new pass you shouldn't be getting paid minimum wage to drive an artic.
EdwTastic

Post by EdwTastic »

miln0rry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:41 pm
EdwTastic wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:40 pm You’d have to be a complete mug to go for that cheeky bas*ards like someone said above maybe a newbie would go for it to get some experience that’s where they should be aiming with that pay rate 😡
even as a new pass you shouldn't be getting paid minimum wage to drive an artic.
no but there are some out there desperate to get some experience and it would at least give them that so they can get there foot in the door see a lot of posts recently where newbies aren’t standing a chance
miln0rry

Post by miln0rry »

EdwTastic wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:42 pm
no but there are some out there desperate to get some experience and it would at least give them that so they can get there foot in the door see a lot of posts recently where newbies aren’t standing a chance
completely get your point but that's no reason to take advantage of people.
EdwTastic

Post by EdwTastic »

miln0rry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:42 pm
EdwTastic wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:42 pm

completely get your point but that's no reason to take advantage of people.
no not at all it’s disgraceful and a massive insult !!
Samwor

Post by Samwor »

Oooh when can i start
trebuttFour

Post by trebuttFour »

Overtime is paid after 48 hours. Day drivers get overtime after 13 hours each day plus day drivers on four on four off are salaried higher. £544.05 per week.
miln0rry

Post by miln0rry »

trebuttFour wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:44 pm Overtime is paid after 48 hours. Day drivers get overtime after 13 hours each day plus day drivers on four on four off are salaried higher. £544.05 per week.
so if that's the basic wage (£500 as advertised) and it's overtime after 48 hours that makes it £10.41 per hour!
trebuttFour

Post by trebuttFour »

miln0rry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:44 pm
trebuttFour wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:44 pm Overtime is paid after 48 hours. Day drivers get overtime after 13 hours each day plus day drivers on four on four off are salaried higher. £544.05 per week.
so if that's the basic wage (£500 as advertised) and it's overtime after 48 hours that makes it £10.41 per hour!
that’s what I was told.
miln0rry

Post by miln0rry »

trebuttFour wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:44 pm
that’s what I was told.
that's horrible man.
trebuttFour

Post by trebuttFour »

miln0rry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:45 pm
trebuttFour wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:44 pm

that’s what I was told.
that's horrible man.
preying on the desperate.
Aitkomed_Po

Post by Aitkomed_Po »

and day men get to keep the trampers wife's happy when they are down the road 😉
Coopen

Post by Coopen »

Clearly someone told their apprentice in the office they could go wild on the vacancy advert
overch

Post by overch »

I would assume that guaranteed £500 a week means that you'll still make £500 on a 3 day week. Could be wrong though.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”