legally can a 13.8m coach be converted to either a motorhome or HGV with 9 seats including driver.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Losovenie

legally can a 13.8m coach be converted to either a motorhome or HGV with 9 seats including driver.

Post by Losovenie »

Reaching out, legally can a 13.8m coach be converted to either a motorhome or HGV with 9 seats including driver.
Elias

Re: legally can a 13.8m coach be converted to either a motorhome or HGV with 9 seats including driver.

Post by Elias »

You can convert anything into a motorhome but the 9 seats may be the problem.
Also remember the weight once fitted out
Losovenie

Re: legally can a 13.8m coach be converted to either a motorhome or HGV with 9 seats including driver.

Post by Losovenie »

Elias wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:25 am You can convert anything into a motorhome but the 9 seats may be the problem.
Also remember the weight once fitted out
length of the vehicle is 13.8m
Elias

Post by Elias »

Losovenie wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:25 am length of the vehicle is 13.8m
not entirely sure the length is the problem as it is obviously registers as a psv. I think I read somewhere the declassification will be deemed on the appearance or what they see it as.
The weight maybe a problem with licencing. Ie holding the relevent qualifiçation to drive it.
Losovenie

Post by Losovenie »

Elias wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:26 am not entirely sure the length is the problem as it is obviously registers as a psv. I think I read somewhere the declassification will be deemed on the appearance or what they see it as.
The weight maybe a problem with licencing. Ie holding the relevent qualifiçation to drive it.
the maximum length of any rigid vehicle in the UK is 12m unless it's a bus/coach, that's the problem weight is no issue it's length
Hartenheer

Post by Hartenheer »

You can convert it you need to declassify it as a bus and keep it under 9 seats including driver.
Elias

Post by Elias »

Hartenheer wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:27 am You can convert it you need to declassify it as a bus and keep it under 9 seats including driver.
I read somewhere about declassifying and I am sure now a bus will always be a bus and not a motorhome unless you change the appearance.

Return to “Bus and coach companies | PSV fleet operators | General discussions”