Can any one tell me how much it should be for transport manager for two lorry per month?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
ra1n

Can any one tell me how much it should be for transport manager for two lorry per month?

Post by ra1n »

Good morning all
Thanks
gehar500

Re: Can any one tell me how much it should be for transport manager for two lorry per month?

Post by gehar500 »

£400/£450
Tahier

Re: Can any one tell me how much it should be for transport manager for two lorry per month?

Post by Tahier »

However much the certificate holder wishes to charge. There is no set fee. It all comes down to how much the require for the level of risk they judge to be taking
Neculai Anisor

Post by Neculai Anisor »

Tahier wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:40 am However much the certificate holder wishes to charge. There is no set fee. It all comes down to how much the require for the level of risk they judge to be taking
To a degree: Looks like, from what I can gather -from accidently getting way too wrapped up in all this nonsense of late- they (the TC etc) expect a certain amount.. like what these guys are saying about £300 .. to see things are being done properly.. not set in stone (?) but it's all gotta be, it at least look, proper innit. They're aware of remote tm's just box ticking for the application. Maybe. Like me, gladly undercharging because I'm new and can't be all 'I know what I'm doing' but I'm learning, and it's dull as dishwashers.
Tahier

Post by Tahier »

Neculai Anisor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:41 am To a degree: Looks like, from what I can gather -from accidently getting way too wrapped up in all this nonsense of late- they (the TC etc) expect a certain amount.. like what these guys are saying about £300 .. to see things are being done properly.. not set in stone (?) but it's all gotta be, it at least look, proper innit. They're aware of remote tm's just box ticking for the application. Maybe. Like me, gladly undercharging because I'm new and can't be all 'I know what I'm doing' but I'm learning, and it's dull as dishwashers.
agreed. My point is, to many wanna be owner drivers advertise what they want and how much they will pay and in all reality its my licence etc on the line so it's up to me how much compensation I want for my risk not just the hourly rate.
Especially as £300 a month isn't much more than £10hr. Thus being dictated by the "I know my worth" drivers
ryo32

Post by ryo32 »

Tahier wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:41 am agreed. My point is, to many wanna be owner drivers advertise what they want and how much they will pay and in all reality its my licence etc on the line so it's up to me how much compensation I want for my risk not just the hourly rate.
Especially as £300 a month isn't much more than £10hr. Thus being dictated by the "I know my worth" drivers
£300 a month is under minimum wage. The minimum hours you put in a year is 416 at £3600 a year for one vehicle is £8.65 an hour. Your billing should show an average of 34.6 hours a month not 32. A TC may pick up on this if he asked the question regarding rates.
Tahier

Post by Tahier »

ryo32 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:43 am £300 a month is under minimum wage. The minimum hours you put in a year is 416 at £3600 a year for one vehicle is £8.65 an hour. Your billing should show an average of 34.6 hours a month not 32. A TC may pick up on this if he asked the question regarding rates.
exactly. I didn't mention any amount of hours but I agree with what you say.
The point I was getting at is other people dictating how much I am worth to give my service as a transport manager, when in all reality its my decision on how much I charge.
Thus, its often the same people dictating my services should be paid at £300 a month and then say drivers are worth £20 an hour
dl3as

Post by dl3as »

Usually £300 first truck
BB1955

Post by BB1955 »

Most charge £350 1st truck £100 each other but depends how far they travel
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

IMHO, a fixed rate is a very poor business model. Assuming the ETM has said how many hrs that will cover, what happens when they need to do more? What is that rate. There is obviously mileage. travel time etc to consider. If the TM has to make a site visit for a couple of hrs, lets say, on Thursday, what is the incentive to go back again on fri or sat to talk with driver about tacho etc? IMHO, having a min fee based on an hourly rate per month and that rate beyond the minimum hrs is a far better business model for operator and ETM.
Fixed rate takes no account of how much or little work is required.
Admin
Site Admin
First name: Dmitry
Surname: Nade
Company: TransportForum.com
Phone: +447833684449
WhatsApp: +447833684449
E: [email protected]
A: If you need a transport manager or an operator's licence anywhere in the UK, contact me 7 days a week

Post by Admin »

External Transport Manager Rates/Prices – HGV or PSV Operator's Licenses – Current and Official 2021
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2937

If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week 8am-11pm on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]

Join our Facebook groups for transport managers and operators with over 35,000 members at these links:
https://www.fb.com/groups/cpc.tm
https://www.fb.com/groups/oo.drivers.uk

Join our WhatsApp groups and Reddit community at this link:
https://bit.ly/3vOxQke
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

Admin wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:02 am External Transport Manager Rates/Prices – HGV or PSV Operator's Licenses – Current and Official 2021
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2937
Ands how many hours does that involve with the ETM? Curious as to who or where the 'Official' reference comes from?
Admin
Site Admin
A: If you need a transport manager or an operator's licence anywhere in the UK, contact me 7 days a week

Post by Admin »

Bluecorn wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:00 pm
Admin wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:02 am External Transport Manager Rates/Prices – HGV or PSV Operator's Licenses – Current and Official 2021
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2937
Ands how many hours does that involve with the ETM? Curious as to who or where the 'Official' reference comes from?
At the top of that link, there's a paragraph that describes in details what's included in the rates:
The rates below include everything required to comply with regulations. The exact list of transport manager's duties can be viewed in Section 14a of the TM1 Form or in Statutory Document 3: transport managers. Trailers are included and there's no extra charge for trailers up to the number of tractor units.
The official rates were "criticised" by a couple of rebels without a cause but liked by far more people. The critics (including you) would never name their own price even though the OP's question is very clear: he needs the "price for TM for 2 vehicles" and, as in most cases, it's understood that he only needs to meet the minimum requirements to comply with regulations, not more, not less. So what is YOUR unofficial price for that? Are you going to be afraid again to name it?

If you need a Transport Manager (CPC Holder) or assistance with an Operator's Licence anywhere in the UK, contact Dmitry Nade at TransportForum.com 7 days a week 8am-11pm on 07833 684449 (phone and WhatsApp) or email: [email protected]

Join our Facebook groups for transport managers and operators with over 35,000 members at these links:

Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

My core question was to ask where or how the pricing was "Official" rather than perhaps something like an advertising phrase, which has yet to be resolved. Checked on sites like DVSA, OTC, DfT and a few others and yet to see any offer an official pricing regime or even mention official rates!

Not sure the TM or the Operator knows how many hours that would include and for that reason, IMHO, its a poor business model for both parties.
As for what I or anyone else would charge, well, it would start with a conversation with the operator, to understand where they are and need to be in terms of compliance and how simple or complex their business is.
2 ver + 2 drivers on fixed or basic hours with good systems and green OCRS just up the road is quite different to 2 Veh hot seating 24/7 with 8 drivers, red OCRS, a flightly back office, couple of PG9s and a good travel away.
Would both be worthy of the same £450 OFFICIAL rate and both getting a good service? I think not, but that's just me.

I'm keen to understand where the 'Official' rates came from to understand their foundation and if they really are official? I suppose, if it is an OFFICAL rate, then anyone charging otherwise could or should be liable to some for of official sanction. Not sure by whom though.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The rates in question have been officially approved by the Transport Forum.

Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

Admin wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:23 pm The rates in question have been officially approved by the Transport Forum.
😎

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”