When are people going to realise the wage increase is mainly due to ir35 which allowed a lot (not all) to fiddle there

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
BlikiWizard

When are people going to realise the wage increase is mainly due to ir35 which allowed a lot (not all) to fiddle there

Post by BlikiWizard »

When are people going to realise the wage increase is mainly due to ir35 which allowed a lot (not all) to fiddle there tax and pay themselves more. If we stuck with owner drivers and paye we would never have had this problem
gloryglace

Re: When are people going to realise the wage increase is mainly due to ir35 which allowed a lot (not all) to fiddle the

Post by gloryglace »

And because of that they'll find another way of allowing similar,and as if by magic in a blink of an eye the rates will tumble.
Haulage is a nessisscary evil and a bastard child.
Iamati

Re: When are people going to realise the wage increase is mainly due to ir35 which allowed a lot (not all) to fiddle the

Post by Iamati »

gloryglace wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:05 am And because of that they'll find another way of allowing similar,and as if by magic in a blink of an eye the rates will tumble.
you're assuming there'll be an uptake in wanting to be a trucker...it's not everyone's cuppa. In addition, they'll increase the price for Class1 training given they've lost the Class C stuff and the B+E
gloryglace

Post by gloryglace »

gloryglace wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:05 am And because of that they'll find another way of allowing similar,and as if by magic in a blink of an eye the rates will tumble.
no I just going by all the people hearing easy large money and believing and one can drive a wagon cos I can drive a car.
Not realising the other ruff bits that run hand in hand with it
Iamati

Post by Iamati »

lol
It's certainly not easy money is it
Anyone thinking so will have a rude awakening.
Iamati

Post by Iamati »

Aye...ain't that the truth
Trouble is we work in a very macho industry where asking for advice is seen as wussie... especially general haulage.
gloryglace

Post by gloryglace »

to a point yes.
But I'm an old enough fart to have been show the ropes and tricks by the old lads when I started.
They're gone now and that knowledge too if it wasn't passed on, hopefully I remember a lot and I happily pass it on.
I find with YouTube and the cpc to a point they think they know it all
Crunchek

Post by Crunchek »

Limited companies and self employment were never for the benefit of the employee. It was all for the employer avoiding tax and employee rights.
BlikiWizard

Post by BlikiWizard »

Crunchek wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:11 am Limited companies and self employment were never for the benefit of the employee. It was all for the employer avoiding tax and employee rights.
I agree but t a lot of employees worked out how to fiddle it and were pissed if when the loophole was closed. It will be the same when umbrella companies aren’t allowed in the future
Disrow

Post by Disrow »

Some of us liked being self-employed. I worked in the events industry and making enough money when it was busy and taking time off when not needed was ok.good life balance.
Mcnalfo

Post by Mcnalfo »

Big companies are to blame aswell they hire agencies to supply drivers to them this is a tax write off
Rather than employ staff and train them as it’s all about profits for them (it’s a business I get it )
But then they turn around and blame brexit
Because they can’t blame themselves can they
Just my opinion
Fornis

Post by Fornis »

I hope when they find the missing 100k drivers the my build more truck stops because they’re still full most nights!
gambitcuddly

Post by gambitcuddly »

so it's nothing to do with the disgusting toilets we are expected to use poor or no truckparks when you need one etc
BlikiWizard

Post by BlikiWizard »

gambitcuddly wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:24 am so it's nothing to do with the disgusting toilets we are expected to use poor or no truckparks when you need one etc
yea the toilets are disgusting but it is drivers that leave them in that state
ZineLog

Post by ZineLog »

They where not owner drivers . They also never paid the full ni as it liked with your earnings . Should never been alowed to carry on as long as it did .
Quantic

Post by Quantic »

IR35 is one of the reasons many foreign and UK drivers gave up but the public don't understand that so blame Brexit and covid
ZineLog

Post by ZineLog »

Quantic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am IR35 is one of the reasons many foreign and UK drivers gave up but the public don't understand that so blame Brexit and covid
forgien drivers yes but uk drivers no they didnt just stop it for hgv drivers it was everybody who wors constantly for one company .
Mountaise

Post by Mountaise »

Quantic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am IR35 is one of the reasons many foreign and UK drivers gave up but the public don't understand that so blame Brexit and covid
thought that you were in favour of Brexit mate?
Quantic

Post by Quantic »

I am just saying Brexit is being blamed for the problem when it is not the only reason for the shortage of drivers. Long may it continue.
Any way how are you these days. Not seen you for a while
BinderStyle

Post by BinderStyle »

One thing has nothing to do with the other and you forget the tens of thousands of EU workers that went home. Brexit
Etilins

Post by Etilins »

BinderStyle wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:36 am One thing has nothing to do with the other and you forget the tens of thousands of EU workers that went home. Brexit
If that many went home, where were they living?
Apparently we still have a housing crisis!
If they all returned where can they go?
Tinkerco

Post by Tinkerco »

BinderStyle wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:36 am One thing has nothing to do with the other and you forget the tens of thousands of EU workers that went home. Brexit
A few of the polish and Romanian drivers I have worked with, some have gone back to their homeland but most have bought their own truck and are doing traction work for the major parcel companies
CandyXcaptain

Post by CandyXcaptain »

yes the ltd drivers were dogging the tax and n.i it was unfair for the rest of us
Bendifi

Post by Bendifi »

amazing how u can see a wage increase as a problem.....just amazing....
echoso

Post by echoso »

Ever thought about life as an economist 'cos your talents are wasted on driving?
TrainNozy

Post by TrainNozy »

A lot of the flip flops owe tax, the can't come back unless they cough up.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”