Who does the “Removal of Prohibition”, the testing station or myself and how?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Tu-ab

Who does the “Removal of Prohibition”, the testing station or myself and how?

Post by Tu-ab »

I had a “Roadworthiness Prohibition Notice” on a trailer due to a return brake spring missing. We fixed it and took it to an official testing station for inspection.
Who does the “Removal of Prohibition”, the testing station or myself and how? Thanks
papclems

Re: Who does the “Removal of Prohibition”, the testing station or myself and how?

Post by papclems »

Depends if they’ve fined you too - we had a PG9 (I think) due to one of our hire customers and it needed us to pay and get a release code to remove the prohibition 👍
Tu-ab

Re: Who does the “Removal of Prohibition”, the testing station or myself and how?

Post by Tu-ab »

papclems wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:39 pm Depends if they’ve fined you too - we had a PG9 (I think) due to one of our hire customers and it needed us to pay and get a release code to remove the prohibition 👍
no fine. It also says that the prohibition will stay in force until it’s removed by prior appointment at an official testing station by partial inspection.
urban.baka

Post by urban.baka »

Tu-ab wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:40 pm no fine. It also says that the prohibition will stay in force until it’s removed by prior appointment at an official testing station by partial inspection.
a qualified and appointed ATF workshop staff member, I would have expected this to be the workshop manager / other senior technician to be honest. It’s basically a partial MOT test on the part which was found to be faulty.
P_I

Post by P_I »

It will need to be done by a DVSA mot examiner, so it will need booking in.
Depending on the prohibition, to whether it needs just a partial or a full mot.
dran1

Post by dran1 »

There was a recent DVSA update (month to 6 weeks probably) on prohibitions and removals procedure including full and partial testing- not to hand but shouldn't be too hard to find.
rashal

Post by rashal »

I had it before! Just go with the trailer to an dvsa mot examiner! Will be like an mot check, be sure all the lights are working…and everything to be in their place! Good luck!
pabhu

Post by pabhu »

It's done by the dvsa tester at time of test / inspection. We took our truck to daf to have the issue fixed only to find its not dvsa approved so had to go to another daf that was dvsa approved who removed the prohibition after examination

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”