TM in name only required for new PSV in East Lothian

Ads by companies looking to hire internal or external transport managers
FKdev

TM in name only required for new PSV in East Lothian

Post by FKdev »

I am starting a (very) small new business in the spring. I am buying one 16 seat minibus for a golf tours business. It’s a new line of business for me so I dont have my own TM CPC. I need to appoint a certified TM to get PSV license. Given the line of business I dont expect TM will have to do very much, if anything. Please contact me if you can help me for a modest fee TBA.
Bluecorn

Re: TM in name only required for new PSV in East Lothian

Post by Bluecorn »

Not sure what TM would want to do the job “in name only”!!
FKdev

Post by FKdev »

Im assuming that TM’s on here are freelance? And perform several TM roles for different companies? Therefore earning some money for doing virtually nothing is attractive? I have explained i short what my new business is and so should be obvious I dont need a TM in the same way as a goods vehicle operator would. However I need to stipulate a TM nonetheless to get my PSV license. If I have misunderstood what this forum is for and TM’s only looking for one full time job then clearly my ad is not appropriate. But worth a try as I would rather not go through the process of getting CPC myself as that seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut given my business
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

Wouldn’t you agree, it’s less about what the business is than it’s about how the company operates. We could have a 100 coach company that’s fully compliant or a single coach that’s not. If anything, absolutely anything went wrong, how would you think the TMs good repute would stand if the job advert was headed “in name only”?

Return to “Transport manager job vacancies | TM services wanted”