So the company I work with are ok with yard as operating centre for the ops license, do I need to get outside TM?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Grahallne

So the company I work with are ok with yard as operating centre for the ops license, do I need to get outside TM?

Post by Grahallne »

So the company I work with are ok with yard as operating centre for the ops license, do I need to get outside TM for the ops license?
Piotecto

Re: So the company I work with are ok with yard as operating centre for the ops license, do I need to get outside TM?

Post by Piotecto »

Yes, definitely, however your question demonstrates a worrying lack of understanding what is involved in an operator's licence.
Grahallne

Re: So the company I work with are ok with yard as operating centre for the ops license, do I need to get outside TM?

Post by Grahallne »

Piotecto wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:53 pm Yes, definitely, however your question demonstrates a worrying lack of understanding what is involved in an operator's licence.
Thanks for you reply, I have a pretty good idea what’s involved, just not sure about the TM bit as she wasn’t sure if she could be the TM on my ops license too, so just kind of trying to get opinions of more experienced operators on here
hamidersi

Post by hamidersi »

Grahallne wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:55 pm
Piotecto wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:53 pm Yes, definitely, however your question demonstrates a worrying lack of understanding what is involved in an operator's licence.
Thanks for you reply, I have a pretty good idea what’s involved, just not sure about the TM bit as she wasn’t sure if she could be the TM on my ops license too, so just kind of trying to get opinions of more experienced operators on here
Yes she can be your transport manager. When you apply give her details. Going rate is about £300/350 per month for a transport manager. Personally I'd sit the TM CPC myself..
tomashi

Post by tomashi »

hamidersi wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:58 pm
Yes she can be your transport manager. When you apply give her details. Going rate is about £300/350 per month for a transport manager. Personally I'd sit the TM CPC myself..
it all depends how many people and how many vehicles she's tm for already.
In principle with you parking in yard there shouldn't be an issue but be far better off investing in yourself doing your own tm course and learning all aspects you don't no you don't know.
Grahallne

Post by Grahallne »

tomashi wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:02 pm
hamidersi wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:58 pm

it all depends how many people and how many vehicles she's tm for already.
In principle with you parking in yard there shouldn't be an issue but be far better off investing in yourself doing your own tm course and learning all aspects you don't no you don't know.
thanks for your reply much appreciated, I’ve thought of that too

thanks for your reply, I have thought of that too
BrianBlack

Post by BrianBlack »

JCS Transport Consultancy Ltd a call.
Jamie Campbell and
Lee Ostinelli are the business at what they do.
Grahallne

Post by Grahallne »

BrianBlack wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:08 pm JCS Transport Consultancy Ltd a call.
Jamie Campbell and
what do they do?
BrianBlack

Post by BrianBlack »

Grahallne wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:11 pm
BrianBlack wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:08 pm JCS Transport Consultancy Ltd a call.
Jamie Campbell and
what do they do?
everything.
O licence management, FORS, the lot.
That’s who manage my o licence and within 6 months of operating I’m Bronze FORS.
butnautio

Post by butnautio »

You won’t get a lot for £300-350 per month. There is a lot more to being a TM than you all think!
marcindust

Post by marcindust »

Do it yourself if you got the cash spare. Or yes ask about. I had one for 250pm
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

marcindust wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:20 pm Do it yourself if you got the cash spare. Or yes ask about. I had one for 250pm
Blimey - thats a bargain however you look at it. Or, is it a handling fee before heading to a PI!

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”