Euro 5 Truck Operators Beware We got a PCN for going in to London with a Euro 5 which did not have DVS kit fitted.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Witjabi

Euro 5 Truck Operators Beware We got a PCN for going in to London with a Euro 5 which did not have DVS kit fitted.

Post by Witjabi »

Euro 5 Truck Operators Beware
We got a PCN for going in to London with a Euro 5 which did not have DVS kit fitted
On the night in question, Highways had closed the junction of the M25 and M11 (Jct 6 M11/Jct 27 M25) and their diversion route was M11 to A406 then A12 back to Jct 28 M25)
Have made representation to TFL who have asked for evidential proof. Have spoken to Highways who will not provide evidential proof as they claim that TFL would have been notified of the road closure in advance.
Have since received another PCN for the same journey for using a vehicle on the LEZ
Have appealed again. Currently have 2 PCNs now for £250 & £500 respectively.
Had the junction not been closed our intended route was the M25 to Purfleet which does not fall within either scheme.
Hoping that TFL will cancel both PCNs but expect we'll have to get lawyered up.
TFL claim that if the road is closed the DVS and LEZ schemes are suspended along the designated diversion route but it seems you will be expected to provide proof.
Witjabi

Re: Euro 5 Truck Operators Beware We got a PCN for going in to London with a Euro 5 which did not have DVS kit fitted.

Post by Witjabi »

PaulKnot wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:21 pm Any dash cam footage?
too late now.. ours is on a card. By the time you get the PCN the data is overwritten
Derekla

Re: Euro 5 Truck Operators Beware We got a PCN for going in to London with a Euro 5 which did not have DVS kit fitted.

Post by Derekla »

Tracker history? Driver mobile phone tracking (if its enabled), any paperwork that could show collection and delivery points? Chuck everything at them.
Witjabi

Post by Witjabi »

Derekla wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:25 pm Tracker history? Driver mobile phone tracking (if its enabled), any paperwork that could show collection and delivery points? Chuck everything at them.
tracker won't help... They've got us on ANPR so they'll know where we went... Point is we're wasting time hours and money on something some lazy arise could check in minutes..
Johnsiate

Post by Johnsiate »

This is why every vehicle has to have DVSa on we all will get screwed on day
Witjabi

Post by Witjabi »

Johnsiate wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:29 pm This is why every vehicle has to have DVSa on we all will get screwed on day
why when your intended route would have gone nowhere near the LEZ or DVS zones...
Johnsiate

Post by Johnsiate »

Witjabi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:29 pm
Johnsiate wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:29 pm This is why every vehicle has to have DVSa on we all will get screwed on day
why when your intended route would have gone nowhere near the LEZ or DVS zones...
I know what your saying but shit happens when m25 shut witch is very often. Then your in a muddle. And face fines.
Witjabi

Post by Witjabi »

Johnsiate wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:30 pm
Witjabi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:29 pm
I know what your saying but shit happens when m25 shut witch is very often. Then your in a muddle. And face fines.
Pretty sure I'm not the only one with a Euro 5 in my fleet. Still runs well and gets better MPG than some of the Euro 6s... My point is that it was never planned to go in to London. If for any reason the M25 is closed...day or night... TFL don't seem to be able to note that there may be vehicles that may have to transit these areas through no fault of their own. And being asked to prove it when it's pretty clear that Highways will have notified them is ridiculous.
keitheast

Post by keitheast »

Always grease your number plate saves all this chew if in doubt
Witjabi

Post by Witjabi »

keitheast wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:31 pm Always grease your number plate saves all this chew if in doubt
yeah that's real wise...
keitheast

Post by keitheast »

Witjabi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:32 pm
keitheast wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:31 pm Always grease your number plate saves all this chew if in doubt
yeah that's real wise...
your the one with £750 in fines not me
Witjabi

Post by Witjabi »

keitheast wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:33 pm
Witjabi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:32 pm
yeah that's real wise...
your the one with £750 in fines not me
Real intelligent response... 'put grease on your plates'... Do I smear grease all over the livery as well? Do you think that'd throw em off the scent too? Get back to coloring your book in...
Edgariste

Post by Edgariste »

We have the same issue now with that diversion route.
£500 penalty for non DVS
Witjabi

Post by Witjabi »

Edgariste wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:38 pm We have the same issue now with that diversion route.
£500 penalty for non DVS
let me know how you get on... DVS came first... LEZ appeared yesterday. Highways were no help and TFL were away with the fairies
Edgariste

Post by Edgariste »

Witjabi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:39 pm
Edgariste wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:38 pm We have the same issue now with that diversion route.
£500 penalty for non DVS
let me know how you get on... DVS came first... LEZ appeared yesterday. Highways were no help and TFL were away with the fairies
we will probably try to get dash cam from Truck what shows diversion. Just don't have a clue how to send them over the footage.
Darrelini

Post by Darrelini »

I had the same a couple of months back. After many back and forth with TFL the PCN got cancelled.
Witjabi

Post by Witjabi »

Darrelini wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:43 pm I had the same a couple of months back. After many back and forth with TFL the PCN got cancelled.
hope we can do the same... Fines are suspended at the mo. Hoping someone sees sense..
Rebeken

Post by Rebeken »

We get emails with all road closures happening each week. Do you get these?
Witjabi

Post by Witjabi »

Rebeken wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:45 pm We get emails with all road closures happening each week. Do you get these?
no... Where are you based?
Rebeken

Post by Rebeken »

Witjabi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:46 pm
Rebeken wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:45 pm We get emails with all road closures happening each week. Do you get these?
no... Where are you based?
we are based in Suffolk but get road closures for whole of England.
Roberbert

Post by Roberbert »

Disgraceful! Hope u get it sorted! I’ve read recently that Bath emissions zone are thinking of charging lorries £100 per day even if you run a euro 6 … crazy times
Qamarde

Post by Qamarde »

In this country no body listens. The councils just want to make money through hardworking people. I can personally feel your pain. We got two PCNS for parking in Birmingham City for going into clean air zone. We did not have any info and just took kids to safari park. The Birmingham City Council doesnot have system to reply mails or phone and just want to superimpose their decisions. Same is the case with rest of the councils by enlarge.The public is being penalised after Brexit.
Roberbert

Post by Roberbert »

Qamarde wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:50 pm In this country no body listens. The councils just want to make money through hardworking people. I can personally feel your pain. We got two PCNS for parking in Birmingham City for going into clean air zone. We did not have any info and just took kids to safari park. The Birmingham City Council doesnot have system to reply mails or phone and just want to superimpose their decisions. Same is the case with rest of the councils by enlarge.The public is being penalised after Brexit.
to do councils and police or to all government departments. We r just customers
Roberbert

Post by Roberbert »

If you haven't already, download the highways app, then when the roads are closed you can screenshot the info, which includes eta of reopening and send this as proof of closure
Witjabi

Post by Witjabi »

Roberbert wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:51 pm If you haven't already, download the highways app, then when the roads are closed you can screenshot the info, which includes eta of reopening and send this as proof of closure
thank you much appreciated
Denizer

Post by Denizer »

At the same night I’ve done the same turning, so I should expect that as well but however I’ve checked it and it’s ok fo turnaround from either A12 or A406 roundabout.
Buzardin

Post by Buzardin »

Do a Google search stating the road and date. Should come up with some piece of news about the closure or the planning
Good luck
Edgariste

Post by Edgariste »

Buzardin wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:56 pm Do a Google search stating the road and date. Should come up with some piece of news about the closure or the planning
Good luck
we tried that too but no posts of diversion
Buzardin

Post by Buzardin »

Edgariste wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:56 pm
Buzardin wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:56 pm Do a Google search stating the road and date. Should come up with some piece of news about the closure or the planning
Good luck
we tried that too but no posts of diversion
NEWS
IN YOUR AREA
WHAT'S ON
TRAFFIC & TRAVEL
WATFORD FC
HEMEL HEMPSTEAD
STEVENAGE
ST ALBANS
EAST HERTS
SPECIAL FEATURES
PRIVACY
NEWS
M25 traffic live: Severe 90-minute delays after multi-vehicle crash on motorway between J17 and J18
Drivers should seek alternate routes where possible or delay your journey until the incident has cleared
Toni4me

Post by Toni4me »

This is why we don't run to the uk anymore just one thing after another
RichaLil

Post by RichaLil »

Toni4me wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:58 pm This is why we don't run to the uk anymore just one thing after another
Where do you run then? :D
Toni4me

Post by Toni4me »

RichaLil wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:59 pm
Toni4me wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:58 pm This is why we don't run to the uk anymore just one thing after another
France last 30 years just retied son now taken it on ,we are often offered work to the uk but there just to much hassel in the uk now
RichaLil

Post by RichaLil »

Toni4me wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:59 pm
France last 30 years just retied son now taken it on ,we are often offered work to the uk but there just to much hassel in the uk now
Isn't all the market messed up by EE operators?
Toni4me

Post by Toni4me »

RichaLil wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:00 pm
Toni4me wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:59 pm

Isn't all the market messed up by EE operators?
not so much as a problem in France as the UK ,we have good rates to the uk but the returns are catastrophic added to the parking problem, theft freight diesel,now customs just not worth it
Alissage

Post by Alissage »

I had 3.
One was dismissed and for the other 2 I was asked to provide proof.
Waiting for a reply
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

So the lesson learnt so far is……
get a bigger memory for the dash cam if one is fitted,
get a dash cam if not already fitted
Make a procedure that if the veh goes into the dark zone of dvs/lez, take some time to gather the proof whilst it’s still fresh - cheaper than paying the penalty

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”