Hi again, thanks for the advice from my last post regarding the exam etc. After some advice again for my wife this time?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
RickyRide

Hi again, thanks for the advice from my last post regarding the exam etc. After some advice again for my wife this time?

Post by RickyRide »

Hi again, thanks for the advice from my last post regarding the exam etc. After some advice again for my wife this time if possible?
She is currently looking for a career change and wants to enter the haulage industry. She has a degree in business management and has vast experience in retail management and other sectors. She is more than willing to basically start from the bottom and isn't looking for a management role as she would like to get to know the industry before progressing. She has emailed loads of companies with only a handful actually even bothering to reply. We live in Birmingham so if anybody had any advice or knows of anything going could they get in touch?
Sorry for the long post just thought it needed a bit of context before asking!
Thanks
Marcusta

Re: Hi again, thanks for the advice from my last post regarding the exam etc. After some advice again for my wife this t

Post by Marcusta »

I would still recommend doing the TM exams to get as it gives a good all round insight into the industry and she will have the respect she needs when coming into the industry. It’s also a good way to understand what is going around you even if you only go into an admin role.
Jamiencey

Re: Hi again, thanks for the advice from my last post regarding the exam etc. After some advice again for my wife this t

Post by Jamiencey »

I work with a sub contractor who has a degree in Supply Chain and set his Class 1 test, his business partner had also a degree in Supply Chain and completed his TM National Haulage, together they run a small but highly efficient and successful transport company. Looking at her credials I also would suggest her to sit her TM exam. Sounds she will have a great package then.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”