A certain company is doing international goods transportations only using cars, vans and trailers. Will they need to??

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
AlexZippo

A certain company is doing international goods transportations only using cars, vans and trailers. Will they need to??

Post by AlexZippo »

A certain company is doing international goods transportations only using cars, vans and trailers. They have an international O license. Will they need to send a proof of an extra financial standing on the day when they added a 44t truck to their VOL or do they just add it and make sure that the financial standing is correct, without notifying anyone in the office?
martinclai

Re: A certain company is doing international goods transportations only using cars, vans and trailers. Will they need to

Post by martinclai »

Under current rules licences are for a set number of vehicles regardless of size, so assuming they have a margin available then they just add it on. The rules will be changing later this year when vans will require lower financial standing levels.
AlexZippo

Re: A certain company is doing international goods transportations only using cars, vans and trailers. Will they need to

Post by AlexZippo »

martinclai wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:13 pm Under current rules licences are for a set number of vehicles regardless of size, so assuming they have a margin available then they just add it on. The rules will be changing later this year when vans will require lower financial standing levels.
My situation is that the original license is for vans and trailers and then a hgv is to be added after the license granted for the £1600+x£800 financial standing. So I wonder if I will need to update the financial standing to update VOL.
Johnlayer

Post by Johnlayer »

£800 for a van I believe. It's been published on the Gov website.
martinclai

Post by martinclai »

Johnlayer wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:14 pm £800 for a van I believe. It's been published on the Gov website.
It will be £1600 for the first van, then £800 for each additional but it’s not possible to add them on currently.
Jamesty

Post by Jamesty »

It's all going to be a bit lastminute dot com particularly for those who don't currently have a licence but will need one...

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”