Is there anyone that you can complain to in regards to your maintenance provider not fulfilling their contractual

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Gerainer

Is there anyone that you can complain to in regards to your maintenance provider not fulfilling their contractual

Post by Gerainer »

Is there anyone that you can complain to in regards to your maintenance provider not fulfilling their contractual obligations in regards to vehicles that have an R&M contract? We have had numerous meetings with managers and Directors to try to resolve the situation however the service that we receive is far from satisfactory in terms of PMI and repairs amongst other issues. We are remaining compliant as we are checking the vehicles ourselves, however the latest issue is that they have released trucks that should have been VOR, thankfully we have things in place that meant that the vehicles didn't go out
jamesys45

Re: Is there anyone that you can complain to in regards to your maintenance provider not fulfilling their contractual

Post by jamesys45 »

Are you based in the north east by any chance?
Gerainer

Re: Is there anyone that you can complain to in regards to your maintenance provider not fulfilling their contractual

Post by Gerainer »

jamesys45 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:43 pm Are you based in the north east by any chance?
no, but this seems to be a widespread issue
RussellCall

Post by RussellCall »

jamesys45 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:43 pm Are you based in the north east by any chance?
you know it 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Rammyvu

Post by Rammyvu »

ddaviewi wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:46 pm Traffic Commissioner
not sure that's a good idea unless you want to be the subject of an investigation!
ddaviewi

Post by ddaviewi »

Rammyvu wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:46 pm
not sure that's a good idea unless you want to be the subject of an investigation!
can do it confidentially and don’t ask me how I know
adriankn

Post by adriankn »

The Traffic Commissioner has no remit over maintenance providers and that is why they make it quite clear that the operator remains responsible for the roadworthiness of the fleet at all times.
ddaviewi

Post by ddaviewi »

adriankn wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:05 pm
The Traffic Commissioner has no remit over maintenance providers and that is why they make it quite clear that the operator remains responsible for the roadworthiness of the fleet at all times.
they will if a contract has not been kept to it’s required standards
stuartlan

Post by stuartlan »

yes they will as you say , I helped a haulier at a PI and the outcome was the TC was going to write a letter to all main dealers outlining there responsibility’s as a maintenance provider
ddaviewi

Post by ddaviewi »

stuartlan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:06 pm
yes they will as you say , I helped a haulier at a PI and the outcome was the TC was going to write a letter to all main dealers outlining there responsibility’s as a maintenance provider
thank you, I knew I wasn't talking BS
adriankn

Post by adriankn »

ddaviewi wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:07 pm
The TC writing a letter to all the main dealers outlining their responsibility as a maintenance provider is not the same as being able to stop them from trading or take legal action against them.
stuartlan

Post by stuartlan »

adriankn wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:07 pm

The TC writing a letter to all the main dealers outlining their responsibility as a maintenance provider is not the same as being able to stop them from trading or take legal action against them.
yes I agree with that and your original comment but a letter from the TC would hopefully give them the kick up the backside they need DVSA are well aware of reputable providers and the ones who aren’t.
adriankn

Post by adriankn »

stuartlan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:08 pm
adriankn wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:07 pm

yes I agree with that and your original comment but a letter from the TC would hopefully give them the kick up the backside they need DVSA are well aware of reputable providers and the ones who aren’t.
I agree with you that it should give them a kick up the backside but there is always the ones who will not change for anyone.
My_Martins

Post by My_Martins »

adriankn wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:05 pm
Adriankn, probably a trading standards issue or claims court maybe
mihutterc

Post by mihutterc »

You can report to manufacture concerning dealership performance, if your not happy move service providers
Gerainer

Post by Gerainer »

mihutterc wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:13 pm You can report to manufacture concerning dealership performance, if your not happy move service providers
we are looking at options, however the next nearest dealership is 1.5hrs away
ddaviewi

Post by ddaviewi »

Gerainer wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:14 pm
mihutterc wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:13 pm You can report to manufacture concerning dealership performance, if your not happy move service providers
we are looking at options, however the next nearest dealership is 1.5hrs away
isn't Volvo is it?
morrisar

Post by morrisar »

Find a suitable replacement maintenance provider and then terminate the arrangement with the current provider. Sadly, there are some that simply don't meet the criteria but are happy to take your money.
craigerv

Post by craigerv »

Could you report to the irte
Gerainer

Post by Gerainer »

craigerv wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:16 pm Could you report to the irte
I'm not sure, wouldn't they have to be registered with IRTE?
JoFunk

Post by JoFunk »

All vehicle manufactories are represented by an official body, you could contact them and put your complaint forward, the Office of Traffic Commissioner, a customer service department relevant to the vehicle make. Success.
rachelet

Post by rachelet »

Main dealers can’t get fitters. It’s a real problem
ddaviewi

Post by ddaviewi »

rachelet wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:18 pm Main dealers can’t get fitters. It’s a real problem
neither can Volvo they have an advert out just now for technicians in the North East but that's no excuse for standard of work
rachelet

Post by rachelet »

ddaviewi wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:19 pm
rachelet wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:18 pm Main dealers can’t get fitters. It’s a real problem
neither can Volvo they have an advert out just now for technicians in the North East but that's no excuse for standard of work
we find they do exactly as you want, and there is good. But it’s the amount of time they have the trucks. We only run 4 but when one is off for a few days it cripples us.
Apostone1

Post by Apostone1 »

Is it a main dealer r &m contract
Gerainer

Post by Gerainer »

Apostone1 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:20 pm Is it a main dealer r &m contract
hi Apostone1, yes it is
Apostone1

Post by Apostone1 »

Gerainer wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:21 pm
Apostone1 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:20 pm Is it a main dealer r &m contract
hi Apostone1, yes it is
then you need to check who signs of the inspection sheet is qualified and recognized and that you have a signed up to date inspection contract with the main dealer not sure how the vehicles could come back unroadworthy if they have been signed off a meeting with your dealer seems in order
davida.data

Post by davida.data »

They are all as bad as each other you have to do independent checks.
I cannot believe the crazy scenarios that are appearing
Gerainer

Post by Gerainer »

davida.data wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:25 pm They are all as bad as each other you have to do independent checks.
I cannot believe the crazy scenarios that are appearing
various managers and Directors we have had meetings with and continue to do so, we have presented them with all of the issues and given time for changes to be put in place but it isn't improving

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”