Hello, Amazon Relay? Is it better Pay then gold-star containers. Thanks in advance

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Michallica

Hello, Amazon Relay? Is it better Pay then gold-star containers. Thanks in advance

Post by Michallica »

Hello, Amazon Relay?
Is it better Pay then gold-star containers. Thanks in advance
Williamirr

Re: Hello, Amazon Relay? Is it better Pay then gold-star containers. Thanks in advance

Post by Williamirr »

Not this week its not
Stevelinfo

Re: Hello, Amazon Relay? Is it better Pay then gold-star containers. Thanks in advance

Post by Stevelinfo »

what are goldstar paying?
Michallica

Post by Michallica »

Stevelinfo wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:55 am what are goldstar paying?
don’t know
Michallica

Post by Michallica »

Hm, I waiting for O license thinking where to start I am located in Redbridge and operating centre in Waltham abbey
GedimiRee

Post by GedimiRee »

Did u try get contact On fridges?

welcome to transport
All good slowly u will pick up just be positive from start what u wanna do
16-17 plate try get
Best thing phone around places companies ask what they could pay you
You not ask you not get
Michallica

Post by Michallica »

GedimiRee wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:05 pm Did u try get contact On fridges?

welcome to transport
All good slowly u will pick up just be positive from start what u wanna do
16-17 plate try get
Best thing phone around places companies ask what they could pay you
You not ask you not get
thanks true
deement

Post by deement »

if you are worried now, what about when you add insurance and maintenance on top? Costing me about 1500gbp/ month to keep 1 unit on the road (tax, insurance, maintenance cost,parking spot, transport manager) and this is before any repairs , tyres servicing etc arrise.
With relay you can make a small fortune in November December but there are jobs on there that pay less than lkw walter in January February.
Question is are you prepared to do tramping ? Because relay jobs rarely work out as a days work(round trip).
My advice is don't put all your eggs in 1 basket. Have 3-4-5 contacts and this way you have better chances of not running empty just to get back home or not going to work 1 days because its not worth it.
Michallica

Post by Michallica »

deement wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:07 pm if you are worried now, what about when you add insurance and maintenance on top? Costing me about 1500gbp/ month to keep 1 unit on the road (tax, insurance, maintenance cost,parking spot, transport manager) and this is before any repairs , tyres servicing etc arrise.
With relay you can make a small fortune in November December but there are jobs on there that pay less than lkw walter in January February.
Question is are you prepared to do tramping ? Because relay jobs rarely work out as a days work(round trip).
My advice is don't put all your eggs in 1 basket. Have 3-4-5 contacts and this way you have better chances of not running empty just to get back home or not going to work 1 days because its not worth it.
thanks for advice, so you can be contractor in more places then. Today they refused my truck Finnance. I guess I am stuck already
deement

Post by deement »

Michallica wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:08 pm
deement wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:07 pm if you are worried now, what about when you add insurance and maintenance on top? Costing me about 1500gbp/ month to keep 1 unit on the road (tax, insurance, maintenance cost,parking spot, transport manager) and this is before any repairs , tyres servicing etc arrise.
thanks for advice, so you can be contractor in more places then. Today they refused my truck Finnance. I guess I am stuck already
personal loan. Once everything else is in place, you can get a decent truck for 15-20k.
Michallica

Post by Michallica »

deement wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:08 pm
personal loan. Once everything else is in place, you can get a decent truck for 15-20k.
Hm, are you also based in London?
deement

Post by deement »

Michallica wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:09 pm
deement wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:08 pm

Hm, are you also based in London?
far from it. NW
Robinny

Post by Robinny »

hexagon leasing will contract lease you a truck with nothing up front, dont take a personal liability
Valentynet

Post by Valentynet »

Did anyone know how to login on the Amazon and TNT website to work with them as a sub-contractor?
Tristanch

Post by Tristanch »

You need to know what prices you are charging from 7.5T to artic as that can mean you don’t have to run empty as much, I’m only running an 18 but often pick up Luton and 7.5T loads to get me home when it’s a bit slow . Only been going since November but even then little loads make a difference
FerrisStart

Post by FerrisStart »

They both control your incomes! So I can’t see any differences between them.
If you work as subcontractors, all companies which sub- contract to you work, will control your income, from hauliers around shipping companies to hauliers for big supermarkets!
Amazon is same, November and December they paid extra money to face the customers, now they reduced it to what they would pay to control your incomes.
On December, even supermarkets hauliers, paid as Amazon, all around UK!
It dose not mean business can’t sustain to pay us more to have better lorries and pay more to drivers, only because they all wants to control your income, that’s all!

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”