Hi, If someone has his cat CE expired in November is allowed to drive with the new Covid exemption another 11 months?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
nathancent

Hi, If someone has his cat CE expired in November is allowed to drive with the new Covid exemption another 11 months?

Post by nathancent »

jasonia

Re: Hi, If someone has his cat CE expired in November is allowed to drive with the new Covid exemption another 11 months

Post by jasonia »

No I'd assume its age related therefore need to have a medical and renew. I've just done this myself. Going by the dates I'd say this driver has just had there 50th birthday
Danielly

Re: Hi, If someone has his cat CE expired in November is allowed to drive with the new Covid exemption another 11 months

Post by Danielly »

jasonia wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:20 pm No I'd assume its age related therefore need to have a medical and renew. I've just done this myself. Going by the dates I'd say this driver has just had there 50th birthday
where have you read if age/medical related, the 11 months extension is not available?
jasonia

Post by jasonia »

Danielly wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:20 pm
jasonia wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:20 pm No I'd assume its age related therefore need to have a medical and renew. I've just done this myself. Going by the dates I'd say this driver has just had there 50th birthday
where have you read if age/medical related, the 11 months extension is not available?
I haven't was unaware that the 11 month grace period was still active I thought that had ended. I've just renewed my licence at 50 and was sent forms done medical and got licence back like normal
stuartKid

Post by stuartKid »

Do a licence check it’ll have been updated if he’s allowed
nathancent

Post by nathancent »

stuartKid wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:24 pm Do a licence check it’ll have been updated if he’s allowed
on DVLA check it’s shows as expired aswell
stuartKid

Post by stuartKid »

nathancent wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:24 pm
stuartKid wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:24 pm Do a licence check it’ll have been updated if he’s allowed
on DVLA check it’s shows as expired aswell
they can’t drive them unless you allow a section 88 letter if he’s being held up for medical reasons
Danielly

Post by Danielly »

I didn’t think DVLA were updating expiry dates online (ref the 11months), I’m sure I’ve read they wouldn’t be? Have you seen anything different?
terryFizz

Post by terryFizz »

I wouldn’t let him or her if they were my driver
nathancent

Post by nathancent »

I just found this and I am very confused 🤯🤯
Attachments
details.jpg
details.jpg (5.8 KiB) Viewed 391 times
MartinTeam

Post by MartinTeam »

https://www.gov.uk/renew-lorry-bus-coach-licence
Yes they can, my vocational licence expired April just renewed and mine was on medical as well.
nathancent

Post by nathancent »

MartinTeam wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:28 pm https://www.gov.uk/renew-lorry-bus-coach-licence
Yes they can, my vocational licence expired April just renewed and mine was on medical as well.
thank you
martinder

Post by martinder »

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (6.5 KiB) Viewed 387 times
Danielly

Post by Danielly »

martinder wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:30 pm.
can you put a web page link please?
martinder

Post by martinder »

Danielly wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:30 pm
martinder wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:30 pm.
can you put a web page link please?
from the RHA
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (6.05 KiB) Viewed 384 times
james_code

Post by james_code »

Lots of confusion here. The answer is yes. The 11-month extension absolutely applies. However, the DVLA are not updating their records, so drivers, operators and regulators will need to know the rules.
nathancent

Post by nathancent »

Thank you very much to all of you for your answers.
melixir

Post by melixir »

I would check their licence on line still to be sure, some were extended but may have been rescinded takes a minute, but to be able to sleep comfortably a minute well spent
craighter

Post by craighter »

Ask yourself one question “if the driver was involved in a fatality and it was deemed he was unfit to drive for health reasons, how could you prove otherwise?”

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”