Can anyone tell me whether the application will be processed as it is or will the TC just put it aside until I enter?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
DannyGood

Can anyone tell me whether the application will be processed as it is or will the TC just put it aside until I enter?

Post by DannyGood »

I'm about to put press the submit button on my Operator's License online application. At this stage I have left the "Vehicles" section empty as I don't have a vehicle ready as yet and the message on the form says "If you don’t have vehicle details yet, you must tell the Central Licensing Office as soon as they’re available". Can anyone tell me whether the application will be processed as it is or will the TC just put it aside until I enter a vehicle reg?
melixir

Re: Can anyone tell me whether the application will be processed as it is or will the TC just put it aside until I enter

Post by melixir »

At the moment that's fine.
Although you would need to add vehicle details once licence is granted, and before vehicles are used, you will also receive id discs for the specified vehicles
DannyGood

Re: Can anyone tell me whether the application will be processed as it is or will the TC just put it aside until I enter

Post by DannyGood »

melixir wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:34 pm At the moment that's fine.
Although you would need to add vehicle details once licence is granted, and before vehicles are used, you will also receive id discs for the specified vehicles
Cheers mate.
melixir

Post by melixir »

DannyGood wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:35 pm
Cheers mate.
your welcome, if you need anything else, just ask.
Sheilagger

Post by Sheilagger »

my disc came immediately even before I got the vehicle
melixir

Post by melixir »

Sheilagger wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:38 pm
haulage normally states vehicle reg on the disc. Passenger is different, they come blank.
DannyGood

Post by DannyGood »

Sheilagger, so once you got the vehicle did you have to then send off for the disc with the registration on it?
Sheilagger

Post by Sheilagger »

DannyGood wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:41 pm
Sheilagger, so once you got the vehicle did you have to then send off for the disc with the registration on it?
Melixir, ah. I did not know that
Sheilagger

Post by Sheilagger »

no. Apparently PCVs don't need the registration on the disc
melixir

Post by melixir »

Sheilagger wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:41 pm

Melixir, ah. I did not know that
yes, you add it via vols, that adds vehicle to your o/l and automatically gets a disc issued and posted out.
Paulbattle

Post by Paulbattle »

Adding a vehicle is classed as a major change which used to have to be notified within 28 days.
However, given all the online options these days I don't know if they have revised the 28 day limit.
Sheilagger

Post by Sheilagger »

I applied before getting a vehicle and I honestly thought that was a tricky question, as how could I already have a vehicle without the licence? Wouldn't that mean I was running it without an OP licence? Anyway, it made no difference and my licence was approved in a few weeks
DannyGood

Post by DannyGood »

Sheilagger wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:44 pm I applied before getting a vehicle and I honestly thought that was a tricky question, as how could I already have a vehicle without the licence? Wouldn't that mean I was running it without an OP licence? Anyway, it made no difference and my licence was approved in a few weeks
yes exactly! Thanks for that. Was that recently you had your licence approved in a few weeks?? I'm hearing it is taking 4 - 6 months for some people at the moment!
Sheilagger

Post by Sheilagger »

DannyGood wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:44 pm
Sheilagger wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:44 pm I applied before getting a vehicle and I honestly thought that was a tricky question, as how could I already have a vehicle without the licence? Wouldn't that mean I was running it without an OP licence? Anyway, it made no difference and my licence was approved in a few weeks
yes exactly! Thanks for that. Was that recently you had your licence approved in a few weeks?? I'm hearing it is taking 4 - 6 months for some people at the moment!
I applied in October and got it in November, but I was told that was very lucky. A few people also got their licence fast, so I guess it is just luck
Johnalex

Post by Johnalex »

Whenbi applied for mine asking gor 2 discs I 9nly had 1 vehicle at the time they asked me how I was going to keep financial standing gor 2 vehicles when only operating one but I bought another vehicle that week and gave them the vehicle details my licence was granted for 2 vehicles in September last year
DannyGood

Post by DannyGood »

Johnalex wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:46 pm Whenbi applied for mine asking gor 2 discs I 9nly had 1 vehicle at the time they asked me how I was going to keep financial standing gor 2 vehicles when only operating one but I bought another vehicle that week and gave them the vehicle details my licence was granted for 2 vehicles in September last year
whole thing is a joke. On the one hand they recommend you apply for one more than you need as good business sense to have headroom then turn around and quiz you how you're gonna afford the extra financial standing ffs
BuzzBarry

Post by BuzzBarry »

Hgv works differently to PSV. Psv discs are not registered to a vehicle as such.
jonathro

Post by jonathro »

A friend of mine works for a museum they have a restricted O license which has never had a vehicle on it as they just hire in a unit and low loader trailer for a week when they need to move exhibits between the museums and the workshop/store.
ThomasFaith

Post by ThomasFaith »

So.. do you not need to prove any financial standing as you have no vehicle(s) to begin with?
DannyGood

Post by DannyGood »

ThomasFaith wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:01 pm So.. do you not need to prove any financial standing as you have no vehicle(s) to begin with?
they still want to see that
grahuent

Post by grahuent »

It’s fine it’ll be processed, set up the online system as soon as it’s issued and when you get a vehicle enter the reg and the ops disc will be billed and posted automatically

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”