Hi all I just received this letter on my application. Is anyone had to provide this kind of document?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
PhenixPhilip

Hi all I just received this letter on my application. Is anyone had to provide this kind of document?

Post by PhenixPhilip »

Hi all I just received this letter on my application for the operating licence
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED
In accordance with Article 19 of EC1071 your proposed transport manager should obtain a certificate of good repute or equivalent document issued by the competent judicial or administrative authority in the Member State where they used to reside.
Is anyone had to provide this kind of document? My opinion if you have already a certificate of transport manager then you have a good repute otherwise you can’t obtain it...isn’t? Or I’m wrong?
As I’m not English citizen should I provide this certificate from my country or from here in England, if I’m not wrong is the DBS one isn’t?
Waiting for opinions and advice! Thank you all!
Humeerpo

Re: Hi all I just received this letter on my application. Is anyone had to provide this kind of document?

Post by Humeerpo »

What supporting documents did you already send in with the O Licene application, this may be that they want to see the original Tranpsort manager cpc sertificate ( OCR etc ) or that it maybe that they require the 2 day refresher course as they haven't done any CPD for a while as required without the full information its difficult to say
PhenixPhilip

Re: Hi all I just received this letter on my application. Is anyone had to provide this kind of document?

Post by PhenixPhilip »

Humeerpo wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:54 pm What supporting documents did you already send in with the O Licene application, this may be that they want to see the original Tranpsort manager cpc sertificate ( OCR etc ) or that it maybe that they require the 2 day refresher course as they haven't done any CPD for a while as required without the full information its difficult to say
I already send my Certificate of transport manager and initially they ask me for the translate in English and I send it the translation and after they ask me for this as final request if I’m not wrong they are not talking about the certificate of transport manager but certificate of good repute wich is criminal records isn’t?! You have a good repute if you don’t have criminal records
kent_khrist

Post by kent_khrist »

was the certificate translated by approved translator? Also due to Brexit there might be an issue of UK not acknowledging a certification gained in Europe. I’d suggest calling your case worker and actually clarifying it with them rather than asking people on Facebook. We can only make assumptions where as case worker will explain exactly what they are expecting from you
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

kent_khrist wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:56 pm was the certificate translated by approved translator? Also due to Brexit there might be an issue of UK not acknowledging a certification gained in Europe. I’d suggest calling your case worker and actually clarifying it with them rather than asking people on Facebook. We can only make assumptions where as case worker will explain exactly what they are expecting from you
I’m trying to get in touch with him but without success he don’t pick up the phone and don’t answer on the emails for that I try here to ask just to see if someone was dealing with this kind of request
carlismo

Post by carlismo »

I've heard of this. In essence what they are after is something like the police dbs check . As there is now a restriction on eu and non eu countries allowing access to their systems the tc is requesting that proof of repute is made with the persons homeland.
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

carlismo wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:57 pm I've heard of this. In essence what they are after is something like the police dbs check . As there is now a restriction on eu and non eu countries allowing access to their systems the tc is requesting that proof of repute is made with the persons homeland.
Ok thank you!
BuzzBarry

Post by BuzzBarry »

Quite clearly says something from where they used to reside. So if they're not a UK national, can the equivalent to OTC in that country provide something stating they are of.good repute?
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

BuzzBarry wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:58 pm Quite clearly says something from where they used to reside. So if they're not a UK national, can the equivalent to OTC in that country provide something stating they are of.good repute?
in my country which is Romania where I done my certificate to have a good repute you must have clear criminal records if you have done something you can’t obtain the transport manager certificate
BuzzBarry

Post by BuzzBarry »

PhenixPhilip wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:59 pm
BuzzBarry wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:58 pm Quite clearly says something from where they used to reside. So if they're not a UK national, can the equivalent to OTC in that country provide something stating they are of.good repute?
in my country which is Romania where I done my certificate to have a good repute you must have clear criminal records if you have done something you can’t obtain the transport manager certificate
in that case you would need something from Romania to show this. Speak to the embassy see if they can help.
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

BuzzBarry wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:05 pm
in that case you would need something from Romania to show this. Speak to the embassy see if they can help.
yeah thank you!
BuzzBarry

Post by BuzzBarry »

PhenixPhilip wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:05 pm
BuzzBarry wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:05 pm

yeah thank you!
probably been made more difficult by Brexit, I wish you luck, I know a lot of Romanians here in the UK if you need help with translation etc.
Lawman2free

Post by Lawman2free »

Was it an official translation? Or did you do it yourself.
The translation has to be a certified translation to be used
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

Lawman2free wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:07 pm Was it an official translation? Or did you do it yourself.
yes it was done by an official translator anyway they didn’t objected about the translation
Lawman2free

Post by Lawman2free »

PhenixPhilip wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:08 pm
Lawman2free wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:07 pm Was it an official translation? Or did you do it yourself.
yes it was done by an official translator anyway they didn’t objected about the translation
This is article 19. A few things you can send in
Attachments
read.jpg
read.jpg (7.7 KiB) Viewed 604 times
Lawman2free

Post by Lawman2free »

Lawman2free wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:08 pm
Page 11
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Le ... 071:EN:PDF
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

Lawman2free wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:09 pm

Page 11
ok thank you I understand is the criminal records which I need to obtain from Romania or from Uk ? What is the meaning “where they used to reside “ is that what I don’t understand...🤷‍♂️
Lawman2free

Post by Lawman2free »

PhenixPhilip wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:10 pm
Lawman2free wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:09 pm

Page 11
ok thank you I understand is the criminal records which I need to obtain from Romania or from Uk ? What is the meaning “where they used to reside “ is that what I don’t understand...🤷‍♂️
I would be inclined to think it’s a criminal record check from Romania.
The case workers are only available via email at the moment I believe. But try to email them directly to understand why and what they need 👍🏻
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

Lawman2free wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:10 pm
The case workers are only available via email at the moment I believe. But try to email them directly to understand why and what they need 👍🏻
I did but no answer at the moment I’m waiting ! Anyway thank you for advice !
Lawman2free

Post by Lawman2free »

PhenixPhilip wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:11 pm

no problem. I would be interested to know when they come back if you don’t mind. Never had a case like this myself but have heard of them. Learning never stops!
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

Lawman2free wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:11 pm
PhenixPhilip wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:11 pm

no problem. I would be interested to know when they come back if you don’t mind. Never had a case like this myself but have heard of them. Learning never stops!
I will update you anyway I’m surprised of the request as like I said if you have already the CPC that’s mean your criminal records are clear otherwise you can’t have it 🤷‍♂️ anyway I let you know ! Thank you
alundp

Post by alundp »

Still can’t get my head around EU CPC valid here, UK CPC not Valid there
Simonwalk

Post by Simonwalk »

alundp wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:13 pm Still can’t get my head around EU CPC valid here, UK CPC not Valid there
joy of "negotiations"
alundp

Post by alundp »

Simonwalk wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:13 pm
alundp wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:13 pm Still can’t get my head around EU CPC valid here, UK CPC not Valid there
joy of "negotiations"
negotiations aka “stitch up”
garytics

Post by garytics »

I will stand corrected if I am wrong with the following. Since Brexit there appears to be no reciprocal agreements in place between the UK/EU - EU/UK countries in regards acceptance of CPC certs issued in each others jurisdiction unless the appropriate steps were taken prior to the end of Dec 2020. Those presenting EU issued CPC certs will most likely have problems.
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

garytics wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:16 pm I will stand corrected if I am wrong with the following. Since Brexit there appears to be no reciprocal agreements in place between the UK/EU - EU/UK countries in regards acceptance of CPC certs issued in each others jurisdiction unless the appropriate steps were taken prior to the end of Dec 2020. Those presenting EU issued CPC certs will most likely have problems.
My application is dated at the end of November 2020 so they must apply EU rules anyway is not in question my Certificate of competence but my certificate of good repute which for some reason I must to demonstrate that is good ....
Christoppu

Post by Christoppu »

From January certain qualifications are no longer valid in the UK. Even doctors and nurses have fallen foul of this
LunnBall

Post by LunnBall »

Had UK. CPC and OL in Ireland. Got letter back in 2019 suggesting I sit EU exam or employ EU qualified TM as UK cert would no longer be be recognized Change of circumstances and gave up OL so unsure if they carried thru with their threat
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

LunnBall wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:20 pm Had UK. CPC and OL in Ireland. Got letter back in 2019 suggesting I sit EU exam or employ EU qualified TM as UK cert would no longer be be recognized Change of circumstances and gave up OL so unsure if they carried thru with their threat
Don’t think so EU and Uk agree for a deal so everything must be recognised by both part
LunnBall

Post by LunnBall »

PhenixPhilip wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:21 pm
LunnBall wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:20 pm Had UK. CPC and OL in Ireland. Got letter back in 2019 suggesting I sit EU exam or employ EU qualified TM as UK cert would no longer be be recognized Change of circumstances and gave up OL so unsure if they carried thru with their threat
Don’t think so EU and Uk agree for a deal so everything must be recognised by both part
You don’t think I get a letter ?
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

LunnBall wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:22 pm
PhenixPhilip wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:21 pm
You don’t think I get a letter ?
I suppose you get it because everyone was thinking that will be no deal .... Otherwise how you explain that my one didn’t was rejected by the UK if I have the UE one ? 🤷‍♂️
Paulbattle

Post by Paulbattle »

Not had this exactly but had ETM's with foreign qualifications asked for copy of their certificate to be translated into English and certified as such by the countries embassy or consulate. If older than 5 years then ETM told to do a refresher in UK within a certain time
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

Paulbattle wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:23 pm Not had this exactly but had ETM's with foreign qualifications asked for copy of their certificate to be translated into English and certified as such by the countries embassy or consulate. If older than 5 years then ETM told to do a refresher in UK within a certain time
Yeah they ask me for the translation as well in the first letter and I did .This is the second letter and the final request. It’s clear that they want for some reason the criminal records from my country. 🤷‍♂️
PhenixPhilip

Post by PhenixPhilip »

Thursday of the publication of the article .isn’t clear if this is viceversa if the UK doesn’t recognise the EU as well , and if the Uk recognise the EU the question is why ? 🤷‍♂️ if the EU doesn’t......
alundp

Post by alundp »

PhenixPhilip wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:25 pm
Thursday of the publication of the article .isn’t clear if this is viceversa if the UK doesn’t recognise the EU as well , and if the Uk recognise the EU the question is why ? 🤷‍♂️ if the EU doesn’t......
because the UK just rolled over in the negotiations. I am pretty sure that EU qualification is okay here but UK not okay in EU

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”