Hello One of the my mates who works for me, his HGV license expires mid of may. can he still drive under section 88?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Mandeepay

Hello One of the my mates who works for me, his HGV license expires mid of may. can he still drive under section 88?

Post by Mandeepay »

Hello
One of the my mates who works for me, his HGV license expires mid of may. He’s done medical, which is all clear. If the license is not renewed by 15/05/2022, can he still drive under section 88?
Thanks in advance
garytics

Re: Hello One of the my mates who works for me, his HGV license expires mid of may. can he still drive under section 88

Post by garytics »

So long as the application is with DVLA, send it recorded then you have proof it was sent and received
red_will

Re: Hello One of the my mates who works for me, his HGV license expires mid of may. can he still drive under section 88

Post by red_will »

Possibly but why has he left it so late.
NaylorOld

Post by NaylorOld »

As above as long as its been sent off (get proof) then yes 👍
Winnecoa

Post by Winnecoa »

Also worth remembering that if the DVLA return it (i.e. if something is filled in wrong) section 88 doesn't apply whilst they don't have it
Jimnutt

Post by Jimnutt »

Copy of application and proof of posting on file 👍
james_code

Post by james_code »

Absolutely, he just needs to meet the S88 criteria which you will find here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... f188x6-can...
Mandeepay

Post by Mandeepay »

Thank you all
He Just received an email confirmation from DVLA saying that as long as doctor declared him fit, he can drive.
And the applications are taking upto 6 weeks for processing.
shelle_yeo

Post by shelle_yeo »

Mandeepay wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:02 pm Thank you all
He Just received an email confirmation from DVLA saying that as long as doctor declared him fit, he can drive.
make sure he has a copy of that email
Mandeepay

Post by Mandeepay »

shelle_yeo wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:03 pm
Mandeepay wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:02 pm Thank you all
make sure he has a copy of that email
yeah mate he’s forwarded it to me.
Thanks
barrystan

Post by barrystan »

Yes
Ask for the 88 letter
Crack on

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”