Hello, need bit of advice. Got non-payer from Scotland owe me £9505 more than 130 days passed from last invoice.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
gorjance

Hello, need bit of advice. Got non-payer from Scotland owe me £9505 more than 130 days passed from last invoice.

Post by gorjance »

Hello, need bit of advice. Got non-payer from Scotland owe me £9505 more than 130 days passed from last invoice. What could be done to get it fast?
UK ROAD SOLUTIONS LTD FROM MOTHERWELL AVOID!!! Thanks
gorjance

Re: Hello, need bit of advice. Got non-payer from Scotland owe me £9505 more than 130 days passed from last invoice.

Post by gorjance »

Bleddynerr wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:13 pm Small claims court
in Scotland only up to £5k then Ordinary Cause
Or maybe file 3 cases for small court one for each invoice 🤔
JagjotLike

Re: Hello, need bit of advice. Got non-payer from Scotland owe me £9505 more than 130 days passed from last invoice.

Post by JagjotLike »

Bleddynerr wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:13 pm Small claims court
do we need to hire Solicter for this and is there any other expenses
sanjitexer

Post by sanjitexer »

Go to place that owes u the money nd take something ov the value
Pricejou

Post by Pricejou »

sanjitexer wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:15 pm Go to place that owes u the money nd take something ov the value
and get a criminal record. That'll go down well with the TC.
sanjitexer

Post by sanjitexer »

Pricejou wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:16 pm
sanjitexer wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:15 pm Go to place that owes u the money nd take something ov the value
and get a criminal record. That'll go down well with the TC.
Don’t get caught then
Joeport

Post by Joeport »

Find the director follow him home gallon of unleaded through his letter box and a good zippo at the ready then See if he wants to cooperate… don’t pay your bill expect problems.. simple
Marcospeak

Post by Marcospeak »

Joeport wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:17 pm Find the director follow him home gallon of unleaded through his letter box and a good zippo at the ready then See if he wants to cooperate… don’t pay your bill expect problems.. simple
dont get your own hands dirty.
stanleylss

Post by stanleylss »

Joeport wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:17 pm Find the director follow him home gallon of unleaded through his letter box and a good zippo at the ready then See if he wants to cooperate… don’t pay your bill expect problems.. simple
Make sure you pay this dude 😂
stoyango

Post by stoyango »

Just sold that debt to collectors, they will pay you probably 20-30% less, but they going to chase them.
gorjance

Post by gorjance »

brucePop wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:23 pm Where are you based?
near Birmingham
darrenin

Post by darrenin »

gorjance wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:24 pm
brucePop wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:23 pm Where are you based?
near Birmingham
bit far for you to travel to and from, how many vehicles on their licence?
neilneel

Post by neilneel »

Small clains then Name and shame!
RussellDesk

Post by RussellDesk »

Get onto a company called creditsafe they will get it back for you who's the company message me
gorjance

Post by gorjance »

Company
UK ROAD SOLUTIONS LTD from Motherwell.
You will be begging for your money every time when invoice is due. Plus they will cover only part on invoices let's say 3 out of 4 just so you can cover your expenses and keep on slave for them.
AVOID
Trevorthax

Post by Trevorthax »

gorjance wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:32 pm Company
UK ROAD SOLUTIONS LTD from Motherwell.
You will be begging for your money every time when invoice is due. Plus they will cover only part on invoices let's say 3 out of 4 just so you can cover your expenses and keep on slave for them.
AVOID
offshoot ftom Beau.
jimboot

Post by jimboot »

They're end of month plus 60.
I did a job on the 2nd so it's near 90 days and If your bank details are wrong then it's 120-130.
gorjance

Post by gorjance »

jimboot wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:36 pm They're end of month plus 60.
I did a job on the 2nd so it's near 90 days and If your bank details are wrong then it's 120-130.
my bank detail are perfectly fine. Because earlier payments went trough after reminder. Also followed their stupid terms. So what's the problem now?
jimboot

Post by jimboot »

gorjance wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:36 pm
my bank detail are perfectly fine. Because earlier payments went trough after reminder. Also followed their stupid terms. So what's the problem now?
It's a few Bob but they always pay.
Waited an extra month a couple times off them so it can take 4 month.
They've never owed me much but it feels like an eternity waiting 4 month.

The guy above me says your bank sent payments back
So I assumed that was the problem.
gorjance

Post by gorjance »

jimboot wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:37 pm

in contract was payment after 90 days when you leave. I gave them extra 30 days so 120 days in total.
Now it's 130th day.
No response from them whatsoever
That's non payer for me.
This is unacceptable.
jimboot

Post by jimboot »

gorjance wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:38 pm

in contract was payment after 90 days when you leave. I gave them extra 30 days so 120 days in total.
Now it's 130th day.
That's non payer for me.
This is unacceptable.
The waiting on next payment run excuse.
I think they'll pay you.
They are always late but always pay eventually.
This eom plus 60 should be banned.
I did jobs out of Scotland for them.
Had to chip in fuel money to deliver and then wait up to 4 month to get it.
In your case longer.
graophade

Post by graophade »

jimboot wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:38 pm
gorjance wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:38 pm

Now it's 130th day.
That's non payer for me.
This is unacceptable.
The waiting on next payment run excuse.
I think they'll pay you.
They are always late but always pay eventually.
This eom plus 60 should be banned.
I did jobs out of Scotland for them.
Had to chip in fuel money to deliver and then wait up to 4 month to get it.
In your case longer.
agreed, everyone should have to pay 30 days from invoice, absolutely no reason hauliers should have to wait up to 120 days for payment.
povilashc

Post by povilashc »

Tell them you will inform the TC that they are struggling to maintain their financial standing.
Briangu

Post by Briangu »

First thing you need to do is contact a solicitor. You will need to send them a letter, stating the reason you will be taking them to court(in this case money) and state the amount.
They have 14 days to respond, which is considered a reasonable amount of time, if they do not respond then you can begin filing a small claims, this keeps you inline with the appropriate pre action protocol trying to resolve the matter outside of court.
welchoo

Post by welchoo »

Money claim on .gov website
Start charging daily interest
Jimmyoken

Post by Jimmyoken »

I have similar going on will be naming and shaming once debt recovery has dealt with them
alexania

Post by alexania »

Same happened to me with AE Chilled. Keep your eyes open or avoid.
daryllo

Post by daryllo »

Name on here, make him famous! Recovery debt company it's a first choice to recover some money.
I wish all good luck.
Octavianer

Post by Octavianer »

Pay the right money and a visit will be arranged and the debt will be collected. Let me know if you need assistance.
Dannel

Post by Dannel »

I am owed nearly £6k by MW Assist (Tom wood/ Sarah Martin Wood) . They went into liquidation next day after not paying invoice. Reopened 10 days later under new name... ETA based near Milton keynes!!! Knocked loads of ppl. He had me going out on a job 4am same morning he "shut the doors"!!!
Mikeenh

Post by Mikeenh »

Claims court.... County Court is the quickest...
stanLife

Post by stanLife »

Another all flash no cash company as a haulier avoid all these freight forwarders better parking them up and getting a sting!!
ToffGuy

Post by ToffGuy »

Use a company called debt register. Get a demo. Use the free credits on the software platform provided, if they don’t pay within 7 days it informs the credit reference agencies automatically. More effective than court action and less final.
Domassi

Post by Domassi »

Dont want to sound doom and gloom here
But why do people work for 90 days etc.
You crap rate to start with is basically worth fook all at 9o days anyway
When they quote more than 30 days leave the job alone till we all do this the job will always be bolloxed..
Sooner run home empty than take a load at 90 days etc
fletchro

Post by fletchro »

There must be a local company who will legally collect it for you.
Wojciechap

Post by Wojciechap »

Forget paying debt recovery companies to collect. Don’t use a company that will take the debt for a fee. Recover it yourself through the small claims on line.
Basically write to them advising they have 7 days from the date of the letter or you may start recovery action that could result in a CCJ and they will have to pay administration costs.
After 7 days put them in the small claims court, 28 days later give them a CCJ, pick a local court to you and pay a little to get them to co
E to your local court to answer questions (of the top of my head I forget the form but if you decide to do this let me know and I will give you the form number), at this point the court will review their income and expenditure. You can then choose demand full payment, accept payment over a period of time, or you could send the court appointed bailiffs. Now I am not saying the TC keeps an eye on courts and CCJs but if they notice a CCJ, they may question the operators good repute and financial standing regarding their own trucks. CCJs effect their credit rating and their good repute, using companies such as the suggested debt register may effect their ability to borrow credit cheaply but a late period won’t be as much as a concern to the TC. I am not saying you should have your revenge but a mark on the credit file won’t last as long as a CCJ will on a credit file. (When not being a ETM I am a compliance manager for a finance firm, same sort of role making sure everyone does as they should and follows the rules and writing letter regarding infringements. But it does make recover outstanding debts so much easier)
Breezero

Post by Breezero »

Use a company called
Thomas Higgins
Liverpool
They will get you they money your owed
Very good I used them before
The never fail

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”