Hi Can anyone help me understand the rules regarding London Low Emission Zone for minibuses. Thanks

Post ads about anything including training courses, insurance, fuel cards, businesses for sale, miscellaneous
ImleSpot

Hi Can anyone help me understand the rules regarding London Low Emission Zone for minibuses. Thanks

Post by ImleSpot »

Hi
Can anyone help me understand the rules regarding London Low Emission Zone for minibuses. It says minibuses, busses and coaches over 5 tons (gvw) has to pay the daily £100 fee. I have minibuses designed for exactly 5 ton gvw and I still receive PCNs from TFL. Do TFL interpret 5 ton GVW on the V5 log book as 'Over' 5 ton?
Anyone having similar experience with TFL?
Thanks
BridgeFree

Re: Hi Can anyone help me understand the rules regarding London Low Emission Zone for minibuses. Thanks

Post by BridgeFree »

Not sure but I'm thinking 4999 kgs GVW is below but 5000 kgs might trip the system for £100
iBarrow

Re: Hi Can anyone help me understand the rules regarding London Low Emission Zone for minibuses. Thanks

Post by iBarrow »

I’d imagine as Billy says it’ll be 5 ton and over so 4999 would be under
ImleSpot

Post by ImleSpot »

Thanks guys. Attached is the warning letter I have received from TFL. It says over 5 tons. This letter didnt specify which weight they refer to, but I have found elsewhere on TFL website that they mean GVW. Bit confusing.
Attachments
attach.jpg
attach.jpg (9.24 KiB) Viewed 518 times
RicNick

Post by RicNick »

5 ton is 5 ton get it down fretted but will still be useless only euro 6 vehicles after October
Torrensy

Post by Torrensy »

RicNick wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:49 pm 5 ton is 5 ton get it down fretted but will still be useless only euro 6 vehicles after October
I'm sure euro 5 will still be able to go in but have to pay for the privilege?
RicNick

Post by RicNick »

Torrensy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:49 pm
RicNick wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:49 pm 5 ton is 5 ton get it down fretted but will still be useless only euro 6 vehicles after October
only euro 6 otherwise pay ulez 12 50
Torrensy

Post by Torrensy »

RicNick wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:50 pm
Torrensy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:49 pm
only euro 6 otherwise pay ulez 12 50
£100.00 for HGV
MoMar

Post by MoMar »

Go back to them with proof that your vehicle is plated at exactly 5t and is not over, see what they come back with.
robenso

Post by robenso »

As RicNick hinted at it might not be the GVW that’s the problem it could be that your minibuses emissions aren’t what they should be. Check that your engines are Euro 6 standard before worrying about GVW.
Gaalki

Post by Gaalki »

robenso wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:56 pm As RicNick hinted at it might not be the GVW that’s the problem it could be that your minibuses emissions aren’t what they should be. Check that your engines are Euro 6 standard before worrying about GVW.
5T minibus is only £12.50 for ULEZ
Gaalki

Post by Gaalki »

Check you V5 section J, minibus should be class M2 if it is N2 TFL class it as a 5T van, you need to go to DVLA to reclass, it's a ball ache, I had to change 2 sprinters for the self same thing, you need to fight both TFL and DVLA hard and don't take no for an answer, good luck 👍
ImleSpot

Post by ImleSpot »

Gaalki wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:56 pm Check you V5 section J, minibus should be class M2 if it is N2 TFL class it as a 5T van, you need to go to DVLA to reclass, it's a ball ache, I had to change 2 sprinters for the self same thing, you need to fight both TFL and DVLA hard and don't take no for an answer, good luck 👍
Thanks. This explains what is happening. Some of our sprinter minibuses are classified as goods vehicle in the V5 (N2). Non-euro 6 goods vehicles over 3.5 ton are not exempt from LEZ. For minibuses they have to weigh over 5t to be non-exempt. This explains why some of our minibuses are exempt and others not all due to what is on the V5 log.
Thanks for your clarification.
Gaalki

Post by Gaalki »

ImleSpot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:57 pm
Gaalki wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:56 pm Check you V5 section J, minibus should be class M2 if it is N2 TFL class it as a 5T van, you need to go to DVLA to reclass, it's a ball ache, I had to change 2 sprinters for the self same thing, you need to fight both TFL and DVLA hard and don't take no for an answer, good luck 👍
Thanks. This explains what is happening. Some of our sprinter minibuses are classified as goods vehicle in the V5 (N2). Non-euro 6 goods vehicles over 3.5 ton are not exempt from LEZ. For minibuses they have to weigh over 5t to be non-exempt. This explains why some of our minibuses are exempt and others not all due to what is on the V5 log.
Thanks for your clarification.
problem is they come of production line as N2, the coach builders should reclass them when the conversion is done, perhaps they do and the DVLA are slacking but however it's certainly not your fault, get the the reclassification done and any charges should come back to you 👍👍
Gaalki

Post by Gaalki »

don't get confused with ULEZ and LEZ different rules, ULEZ only operates in congestion zone, its only ULEZ that is Euro 6
ImleSpot

Post by ImleSpot »

Gaalki wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:58 pm don't get confused with ULEZ and LEZ different rules, ULEZ only operates in congestion zone, its only ULEZ that is Euro 6
Yes, they are different. The one concerning me is the LEZ as we operate our minibuses near the M25 border. Funnily, most of our minibuses are ULEZ compliant but not LEZ compliant as ULEZ gives exemption to wheelchair accessible vehicles while LEZ doesn't.
I dont know the logic behind it.
The TFL customer service team has no clue when you ask them to clarify.
Gaalki

Post by Gaalki »

ImleSpot wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:59 pm
Gaalki wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:58 pm don't get confused with ULEZ and LEZ different rules, ULEZ only operates in congestion zone, its only ULEZ that is Euro 6
Yes, they are different. The one concerning me is the LEZ as we operate our minibuses near the M25 border. Funnily, most of our minibuses are ULEZ compliant but not LEZ compliant as ULEZ gives exemption to wheelchair accessible vehicles while LEZ doesn't.
I dont know the logic behind it.
The TFL customer service team has no clue when you ask them to clarify.
ooft minefield that one mate, new one on me, when I battled TFL it took me sometime to speak to someone who had any idea, good luck 👍
davityco

Post by davityco »

Over 5000kg
will be 5001kg
I'd argue the case
Assuming you are looking at the correct weight of the vehicle
Look on the V5
And look at the weight that the vehicles tax class is
I've seen a 9800kg gvw have a tax weight of 11000kg

Return to “Ads about anything – training courses, insurance, vehicle finance, fuel cards, businesses for sale, apps, miscellaneous”