Hi all, im new to the group but im in desperate need of some help/advice. My company put me forward for my CPC

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
rodrigeo

Hi all, im new to the group but im in desperate need of some help/advice. My company put me forward for my CPC

Post by rodrigeo »

Hi all, im new to the group but im in desperate need of some help/advice. My company put me forward for my CPC with the FTA, I managed to pass the case study but keep failing the multiple choice 🤦‍♀️ can anyone point me in the direction of some good study tips? ive read the course notes over and over and its just not sticking for me to remember!
Thanks in advance
sheiland

Re: Hi all, im new to the group but im in desperate need of some help/advice. My company put me forward for my CPC

Post by sheiland »

Welcome in the club - I passed case study first time and failed multi choice twice now - I didn’t go in March but I would like to in July but I sit in the exam and think „what do you want from me“ awful 😐
rodrigeo

Re: Hi all, im new to the group but im in desperate need of some help/advice. My company put me forward for my CPC

Post by rodrigeo »

sheiland wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:29 pm Welcome in the club - I passed case study first time and failed multi choice twice now - I didn’t go in March but I would like to in July but I sit in the exam and think „what do you want from me“ awful 😐
exactly this for me ! Everyone looks at me funny that I passed the case study first time 🤣🤣
sheiland

Post by sheiland »

rodrigeo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:30 pm
sheiland wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:29 pm Welcome in the club - I passed case study first time and failed multi choice twice now - I didn’t go in March but I would like to in July but I sit in the exam and think „what do you want from me“ awful 😐
exactly this for me ! Everyone looks at me funny that I passed the case study first time 🤣🤣
yes same! And I passed case study with such a high score but multi choice I failed by 1 and then by 15 so all crap really 😔
rodrigeo

Post by rodrigeo »

sheiland wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:31 pm
yes same! And I passed case study with such a high score but multi choice I failed by 1 and then by 15 so all crap really 😔
same with the case study my multiple choice game is shockingly bad ! I've been nowhere near passing so far 🙄 x
sheiland

Post by sheiland »

rodrigeo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:32 pm

same with the case study my multiple choice game is shockingly bad ! I've been nowhere near passing so far 🙄 x
I have no idea what’s the answer x
I am sorry I am no help - they did change the writer for the September exam and ongoing- maybe that’s my problem that I don’t get the question in general - other then that no idea
Just for reference my other half has the same problem 🙈 case study first time and multi all crap
rodrigeo

Post by rodrigeo »

sheiland wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:33 pm

I am sorry I am no help - they did change the writer for the September exam and ongoing- maybe that’s my problem that I don’t get the question in general - other then that no idea
Just for reference my other half has the same problem 🙈 case study first time and multi all crap
thats ok its nice to know im not the only one though! Not sure how I long to pass both before I have to start again..I think jgs 5 years xx
sheiland

Post by sheiland »

rodrigeo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:34 pm

thats ok its nice to know im not the only one though! Not sure how I long to pass both before I have to start again..I think jgs 5 years xx
well the problem is OCR stops this year so I have to pass somehow
rodrigeo

Post by rodrigeo »

sheiland wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:34 pm

oh god well good luck !! If I can help just let me know! We are all in this together 🙄🤣 x
sheiland

Post by sheiland »

rodrigeo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:35 pm
sheiland wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:34 pm

oh god well good luck !! If I can help just let me know! We are all in this together 🙄🤣 x
thank you very much
Same back if you think I can help somehow
gibsonixdr

Post by gibsonixdr »

Everybody you speak to will say multi is the easy part wow it's not too me attempts 🙄 think it's just the questions need to be for you I spend weeks reading before exams... unless your a sponge its definitely hard knowledge required die to been so random
cleminfly

Post by cleminfly »

I failed the first time on my multiple choice through the FTA. Then on my next go I opted in to the revision session in the morning before the exam and passed with flying colours. I think doing that little bit of revision with a tutor beforehand really helped me.
Just to add I did my course fully online and my only classroom lessons were just before each exam. See if they will offer you a revision session before the exam 😁
trudyknar

Post by trudyknar »

Try the drivers cpc multiple choice study I did the DVsa one for hgv after I got my TM and there’s a lot that crosses over you can do it in sections and redo incorrect answers (or all of it)
rodrigeo

Post by rodrigeo »

trudyknar wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:39 pm Try the drivers cpc multiple choice study I did the DVsa one for hgv after I got my TM and there’s a lot that crosses over you can do it in sections and redo incorrect answers (or all of it)
thats not a bad idea thank you 😊
jamietter

Post by jamietter »

Snap I passed my case study first time and eventually passed my multiple choice on the 3rd time. I’m still not sure what I had done differently good luck xx
alxnefilm

Post by alxnefilm »

The multiple choice is the difficult part as you are but allowed any juu oh ted I. The exam
MikMinnie

Post by MikMinnie »

Hi beat way to revise is go on the OCR website and get all the past papers with the examiners reports...learn the tricks they play on you and the red herrings the throw into the case study... good luck!
kennykendall

Post by kennykendall »

When I passed mine, I used the past papers on the ocr website. I don’t know if they still have them now.
sheiland

Post by sheiland »

kennykendall wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:46 pm When I passed mine, I used the past papers on the ocr website. I don’t know if they still have them now.
yes they do but only one ☝️ and they changed the writer back last year for the September exam - the questions are so different now
kennykendall

Post by kennykendall »

sheiland wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:47 pm
kennykendall wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:46 pm When I passed mine, I used the past papers on the ocr website. I don’t know if they still have them now.
yes they do but only one ☝️ and they changed the writer back last year for the September exam - the questions are so different now
ah ok, it was 11 years ago since I done mine and the format has all changed. I am sure I read somewhere that ocr are not doing the CPC after 2021.
sheiland

Post by sheiland »

kennykendall wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:47 pm
ah ok, it was 11 years ago since I done mine and the format has all changed. I am sure I read somewhere that ocr are not doing the CPC after 2021.
yes that’s right and yes I am one of the ones who had to pass by then - I passed case study firs time as well but multi choice is horrible
kennykendall

Post by kennykendall »

sheiland wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:48 pm

yes that’s right and yes I am one of the ones who had to pass by then - I passed case study firs time as well but multi choice is horrible
good luck👍
sheiland

Post by sheiland »

kennykendall wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:48 pm
sheiland wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:48 pm

good luck👍
thank you
trevalis

Post by trevalis »

I must say I went into my exam day having completed many of the previous 2 years worth of test papers many times. My way of doing it was:-
If I know it then excellent, answer and move on and with the others then a process of elimination. In the statements that followed in the second a/b/c/d there was hopefully something there you just know is incorrect so eliminate it (basically you’re looking for the wrong answer and you know there’s 3 of those) but your odds have gone from 1 in 4 to 1 in 3 and hopefully you’d get to a 50-50 at worst or even the one correct statement is left.
rodrigeo

Post by rodrigeo »

trevalis wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:03 pm I must say I went into my exam day having completed many of the previous 2 years worth of test papers many times. My way of doing it was:-
If I know it then excellent, answer and move on and with the others then a process of elimination. In the statements that followed in the second a/b/c/d there was hopefully something there you just know is incorrect so eliminate it (basically you’re looking for the wrong answer and you know there’s 3 of those) but your odds have gone from 1 in 4 to 1 in 3 and hopefully you’d get to a 50-50 at worst or even the one correct statement is left.
yeah I tried this method in my last exam did a little better but I end up second guessing myself 🤣🙄
trevalis

Post by trevalis »

rodrigeo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:04 pm
trevalis wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:03 pm I must say I went into my exam day having completed many of the previous 2 years worth of test papers many times. My way of doing it was:-
yeah I tried this method in my last exam did a little better but I end up second guessing myself 🤣🙄
oh, ok. Better luck next time
HurstBear

Post by HurstBear »

Once you’ve chosen an answer, leave it. Trust your gut.
whitems

Post by whitems »

Enterprise training are running their training online. They have an online multi choice practice exam section as well as the daily zoom lessons which you can sit as many times as you like. I passed both sections with them first time by spending as much time as I could doing the practice exams over & over until it got to the stage I knew the answer before I had read all the question
rodrigeo

Post by rodrigeo »

whitems wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:08 pm Enterprise training are running their training online. They have an online multi choice practice exam section as well as the daily zoom lessons which you can sit as many times as you like. I passed both sections with them first time by spending as much time as I could doing the practice exams over & over until it got to the stage I knew the answer before I had read all the question
oh fab thank you !! Ill take a look that could help x
whitems

Post by whitems »

rodrigeo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:08 pm
whitems wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:08 pm Enterprise training are running their training online. They have an online multi choice practice exam section as well as the daily zoom lessons which you can sit as many times as you like. I passed both sections with them first time by spending as much time as I could doing the practice exams over & over until it got to the stage I knew the answer before I had read all the question
https://www.enterprisetransporttraining.com/
MoMar

Post by MoMar »

rodrigeo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:08 pm
be aware different award bodies question in different ways, check that the practice papers you use are the same exam body. Make sure you read the questions and understand what it is asking you to do. Take the 2 hrs if you need to and don’t change you’re mind. I know the multi choice can be hard there isn’t any easy answer for me to give you.
dorotexor

Post by dorotexor »

I done the same
Haddrekt

Post by Haddrekt »

Passed the case study first attempt in September but failed MC by 1. multiple choice paper was a bugger, but I managed to get 75%. Chatting with the invigilator afterwards and the pass rate that day had been 20%! Keep rereading the notes and hope. I found the summaries at the end of each chapter in the FTA book really helpful. Also there are a couple of multiple choice papers on YouTube that you can listen to and answer.
jenlisaa

Post by jenlisaa »

You've passed the hardest bit! The answer is in front of you. The trick is to read the question. Read it again. Read the answers. Read them again. Chances are you can eliminate at least one, probably 2 answers. Get the questions you know completed then go back to anything you're not sure of.
whitems

Post by whitems »

If anyone is interested the report for Decembers exam is below. The multi choice pass rate was only 35% and case study was 48%
https://www.ocr.org.uk/.../607889-examiners-report...
sheiland

Post by sheiland »

whitems wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:14 pm If anyone is interested the report for Decembers exam is below. The multi choice pass rate was only 35% and case study was 48%
https://www.ocr.org.uk/.../607889-examiners-report...
the pass rate is mad since last year March when they changed the writer ! It’s massive low in my opinion
jasoMax

Post by jasoMax »

I have a similar experience, the question I have is do any of the training providers provide unlimited access to a multiple choice question database so you can just keep going over the questions to support the material/knowledge you have learnt?
whitems

Post by whitems »

jasoMax wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:18 pm I have a similar experience, the question I have is do any of the training providers provide unlimited access to a multiple choice question database so you can just keep going over the questions to support the material/knowledge you have learnt?
yes enterprise training do
jasoMax

Post by jasoMax »

whitems wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:19 pm
jasoMax wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:18 pm I have a similar experience, the question I have is do any of the training providers provide unlimited access to a multiple choice question database so you can just keep going over the questions to support the material/knowledge you have learnt?
awesome, I’ll reach out to them tomorrow. Thank you
whitems

Post by whitems »

jasoMax wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:20 pm
the zoom lessons are very well set up too. Weekly schedule with around 5 subjects at different times of the day. I think I lived on zoom for a good 6 weeks
jasoMax

Post by jasoMax »

whitems wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:20 pm

the zoom lessons are very well set up too. Weekly schedule with around 5 subjects at different times of the day. I think I lived on zoom for a good 6 weeks
sounds up my street
whitems

Post by whitems »

jasoMax wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:22 pm

sounds up my street
I would never have done it if it was classroom based. I needed the flexibility of the zoom sessions to work around my work & home life
whitems

Post by whitems »

whitems wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:23 pm
jasoMax wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:22 pm

sounds up my street
I would never have done it if it was classroom based. I needed the flexibility of the zoom sessions to work around my work & home life
https://www.enterprisetransporttraining.com/...
hakimet

Post by hakimet »

It’s just reading, retaining and recalling information for the multiple choice. There is no easy way around unfortunately.
ellayegg

Post by ellayegg »

There is no easy way but MC questions are normally the little finer details and facts. A general understanding is obviously required but it’s about learning things like the colour of road signs in Europe or how many weeks paid maternity. I make flash cards containing the basic facts a figures, anything that feels like a little fact they may ask a question on.
It’s more about exam technique and remembering than skill in all honesty - I think the skill is having the exam/ remembering technique!
Flash cards work for me as I’m a visual learner but if you learn by listening, you could make yourself a recording of lots of facts and figures. Figure out how you soak in facts and tailor your revision around that. Hope that helps a tiny bit! 😍
SpencerHey

Post by SpencerHey »

Flash cards helped me, using dimensions, weight, and incoterms for categories was my top ones
rodrigeo

Post by rodrigeo »

Does anyone have some funky sayings or rhymes to remember things ? X
PughQ

Post by PughQ »

Anyone taking their tmcpc exams please make sure you know who your examining body is. There is no benefit to revising OCR for a C&G exam the two are very different best advice I can give you is use the material you have been issued by your trainer
trudyknar

Post by trudyknar »

Always looks above level 3 and open book description is misleading. There isn't time to look at the allowed material.
TMexperts

Post by TMexperts »

If any of you guys got the one half of the TM CPC with OCR, and need to do the other half (whether MC or CS) you will need to use a SEGA centre, cos they are picking up where OCR withdrew and CILT or C&G won't do it. I would suggest Friendberry for this, they looked after us well. They had some practice exams (both MC or CS) and did ok by us. They are also really flexible if you need a full training or just a days revision. Check them out. Good luck guys, hope to see you on the other side of the TM exams !

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”