Hello guys, I am desperate to be my own TM. Anyone tell me the best and cheapest way. Thank you.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Griffer

Hello guys, I am desperate to be my own TM. Anyone tell me the best and cheapest way. Thank you.

Post by Griffer »

Hello guys, I am desperate to be my own TM. Anyone tell me the best and cheapest way. Any Sensible people on here let me know the best school or people to pass this.
Thank you.
michaellst

Re: Hello guys, I am desperate to be my own TM. Anyone tell me the best and cheapest way. Thank you.

Post by michaellst »

RHA I would recommend their courses
philixco

Re: Hello guys, I am desperate to be my own TM. Anyone tell me the best and cheapest way. Thank you.

Post by philixco »

Call MDR Training Coalville and they will help you
dazdesk

Post by dazdesk »

CILT or RHA do the course with both the exams at the end. The only “cheap” option would be to do the home study course
Griffer

Post by Griffer »

dazdesk wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:02 pm CILT or RHA do the course with both the exams at the end. The only “cheap” option would be to do the home study course
thank you
Do you know when the next exams are
cataloq

Post by cataloq »

dazdesk wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:02 pm CILT or RHA do the course with both the exams at the end. The only “cheap” option would be to do the home study course
Hi mate, can you book the test without attending the course??
grayunn

Post by grayunn »

cataloq wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:14 pm
you can if you feeling brave.
cataloq

Post by cataloq »

grayunn wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:14 pm
cataloq wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:14 pm
you can if you feeling brave.
thanks mate
Pearmate

Post by Pearmate »

might prove unexpectedly expensive.
grayunn

Post by grayunn »

Pearmate wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:15 pm might prove unexpectedly expensive.
I'm not promoting that you should do it that why. he just asked for a 'cheap' option. some people don't pass the exam with sitting the course. if people are cutting corners trying to get there Qualification. imagine the sort of TM they are going to be
Pearmate

Post by Pearmate »

grayunn wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:16 pm
Pearmate wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:15 pm might prove unexpectedly expensive.
I'm not promoting that you should do it that why. he just asked for a 'cheap' option. some people don't pass the exam with sitting the course. if people are cutting corners trying to get there Qualification. imagine the sort of TM they are going to be
my TM is so pedantic that I'm thinking of sacking myself and getting someone else in.
JamYou

Post by JamYou »

John Lawrence Invergold associate
Soutteron

Post by Soutteron »

£15 used course book, then book the tests..
Morrisch

Post by Morrisch »

Soutteron wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:18 pm £15 used course book, then book the tests..
How could I book Cilt test online after completing home study?
Soutteron

Post by Soutteron »

Morrisch wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:19 pm
Soutteron wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:18 pm £15 used course book, then book the tests..
How could I book Cilt test online after completing home study?
just search for Cpc test. I found one for £125..
stanleyor

Post by stanleyor »

The cheap option is not always the best
AnRaw

Post by AnRaw »

Learn at home? 100,£ book
AdamGood

Post by AdamGood »

I found the FTA or Logistics UK as it’s called now an excellent course which can be done as home study or classroom course , thoroughly recommend it
perragon

Post by perragon »

Buy a decent revision book and sit the test - who knows you might pass first time 🤞 but probably not 🤣 if you want to pass quickly then book yourself a course
JamiZin

Post by JamiZin »

If you want to pass then you get what you pay for. Going for the cheapest may not get you through the course. Look for a training school with a high pass success rate and book with them but be prepared to wait longer and pay more money as the one I used was top class and highly recommended. I used J Coates (HGV Services) Ltd in Hinckley Leicestershire. I passed my Class 1 with them 1st time and passed both modules of my TM CPC with them 1st time but there is no guarantee you will pass. It's all down to you to have a firm understanding of what a National and International TM CPC holder is responsible for. If you can't understand the course (and it is not an easy course by any means) then I suggest you focus on what you can do and have a lot less responsibilities overall. It's a mind blowing course that will make your brain hurt but if you want something badly enough then go for it.
Going cheap may end up costing you more money in the longer run so my best advice is look for a reputable training school.
Stekeebosi

Post by Stekeebosi »

JamiZin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:26 pm If you want to pass then you get what you pay for. Going for the cheapest may not get you through the course. Look for a training school with a high pass success rate and book with them but be prepared to wait longer and pay more money as the one I used was top class and highly recommended. I used J Coates (HGV Services) Ltd in Hinckley Leicestershire. I passed my Class 1 with them 1st time and passed both modules of my TM CPC with them 1st time but there is no guarantee you will pass. It's all down to you to have a firm understanding of what a National and International TM CPC holder is responsible for. If you can't understand the course (and it is not an easy course by any means) then I suggest you focus on what you can do and have a lot less responsibilities overall. It's a mind blowing course that will make your brain hurt but if you want something badly enough then go for it.
Going cheap may end up costing you more money in the longer run so my best advice is look for a reputable training school.
I passed my test at the same place in September 2017. Downloaded a book off eBay, flew over from where I was living in florida, and passed both first time. Though there were plenty taking the 3rd or 4th time. It's hard but it's not that hard.. if you study you can pass. I'm was not familiar with any EU regs or UK legislation prior to the move. If you've been in the industry you'll have a leg up from where I was...
michercity

Post by michercity »

Do the 2 week exam pass and then offer your services cheap to owner drivers who lease as all the servicing is done. 250 quid should do it and you won't have to do anything, easy cash
Jillon2.0

Post by Jillon2.0 »

michercity wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:30 pm Do the 2 week exam pass and then offer your services cheap to owner drivers who lease as all the servicing is done. 250 quid should do it and you won't have to do anything, easy cash
Until something goes wrong and you end up trying to explain that to the TC!
(I assume your comment was made with tongue firmly in cheek?)
Griffer

Post by Griffer »

Scottin wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:32 pmInboxed you
thank you
andy.horja

Post by andy.horja »

Don’t go cheap, 2 week block course is the cheapest way as you’re more likely to pass first time. You’ll learn a wealth of knowledge in a classroom compared to studying countless hours alone
Kellyos

Post by Kellyos »

CILT do an excellent Blended Learning course with great success rates. Some self study, some online and once a week a class online with a tutor. Contact Liz Stribley at CILT 01536 740171
DeaconNot

Post by DeaconNot »

Online transport manager cpc, check the testimonials here www.ntponlinelearnig.co.uk
martionic

Post by martionic »

Smith System EMEA Ltd
Devonshire House
Manor Way
Borehamwood
Herts WD6 1QQ
T 020 8731 4377
F 020 8731 4378
M 07940152116
E [email protected]
Passed recently sep* exam
RicNick

Post by RicNick »

Cheap is not always best option. If you seriously want to pass get in front of a tutor either in class or online. Saves £££ in resits!!

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”