Hi guys, I have a full time job not in transport sector but still willing to be a part time External transport manager.

Ads by internal or external transport managers looking for work or offering their services
Forum rules
Include the type of your TM CPC (i.e. HGV or PSV) and your area in the subject (title) of your post
deepark

Hi guys, I have a full time job not in transport sector but still willing to be a part time External transport manager.

Post by deepark »

Hi guys,
Passed my TM CPC in 2017, still no experience but been driving Class 2 for a while for agencies as the plan was to go owner driver.
I have a full time job not in transport sector but still willing to be a part time External transport manager.
I am based in Devon
Any ideas welcome
Thanks
kent_khrist

Re: Hi guys, I have a full time job not in transport sector but still willing to be a part time External transport manag

Post by kent_khrist »

Go apply Tesco or any other supermarket..For manger..
This is not good time for owner driver...if want see Maritime..he helping you fir everything.. if you have operater license..
deepark

Re: Hi guys, I have a full time job not in transport sector but still willing to be a part time External transport manag

Post by deepark »

kent_khrist wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:48 pm Go apply Tesco or any other supermarket..For manger..
This is not good time for owner driver...if want see Maritime..he helping you fir everything.. if you have operater license..
sorry I am looking to b an part time ETM not an owner driver...👍🏼
alundp

Post by alundp »

Probably a bit limited on amount of vehicles you can look after if you are also working full time as need to keep to your 48hrs ave
deepark

Post by deepark »

alundp wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:50 pm Probably a bit limited on amount of vehicles you can look after if you are also working full time as need to keep to your 48hrs ave
Thanks for the info, I’ll b happy with one or two to start with.
alundp

Post by alundp »

deepark wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:51 pm
alundp wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:50 pm Probably a bit limited on amount of vehicles you can look after if you are also working full time as need to keep to your 48hrs ave
how many hours is your F/T job?
deepark

Post by deepark »

alundp wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:52 pm
Im contracted for 40 but do about 45 average per week
alundp

Post by alundp »

deepark wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:52 pm

then even 1 would put you close to the 48hrs, probably need to be very close to your home or place of work
deepark

Post by deepark »

alundp wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:53 pm

then even 1 would put you close to the 48hrs, probably need to be very close to your home or place of work
Thanks again, it’s just that I took two weeks off and paid £££ to do my TM CPC was thinking of making some £££ and gain some experience but I think WTD might b a problem
alundp

Post by alundp »

deepark wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:53 pm

Thanks again, it’s just that I took two weeks off and paid £££ to do my TM CPC was thinking of making some £££ and gain some experience but I think WTD might b a problem
if you found a client could you cut your hours down?
deepark

Post by deepark »

alundp wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:54 pm
deepark wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:53 pm

if you found a client could you cut your hours down?
yes I would stick to 40/hrs a week
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

Don't forget if you do ETM, the OTC will expect at least a 2 day TM refresher if you did the exam 5yrs ago.
As above, if you are already working a full time job, they may find it a challenge to do the Hrs and keep within WTD, besides, if you are full-time, how could you respond if the Operator needed the ETM during the week for something? Think about how flexible you could be - or not?

Return to “Transport managers available and looking for work | TM services offered or employment wanted”