Is there any rules on how far away your maintenance provider is from you depot???

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
rachelon

Is there any rules on how far away your maintenance provider is from you depot???

Post by rachelon »

Griffer

Re: Is there any rules on how far away your maintenance provider is from you depot???

Post by Griffer »

No there isn't.. ours is 12km away and never been questioned. As long as its maintained to the stipulations on your licence then you are fine
ArisReece

Re: Is there any rules on how far away your maintenance provider is from you depot???

Post by ArisReece »

Griffer wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:03 pm No there isn't.. ours is 12km away and never been questioned. As long as its maintained to the stipulations on your licence then you are fine
12km is actually rather close as some I know have their Maintenace at 40km away.
My maintenance is 10km away but as long as you keep up to date and regular checks done, then it can be any distance. It’s your fuel your spending at the end of the day!
Griffer

Post by Griffer »

ArisReece wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:04 pm
Griffer wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:03 pm No there isn't.. ours is 12km away and never been questioned. As long as its maintained to the stipulations on your licence then you are fine
12km is actually rather close as some I know have their Maintenace at 40km away.
My maintenance is 10km away but as long as you keep up to date and regular checks done, then it can be any distance. It’s your fuel your spending at the end of the day!
yeah but here in NI 12km is far away 🤣🤣
ArisReece

Post by ArisReece »

Griffer wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:04 pm
ArisReece wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:04 pm
yeah but here in NI 12km is far away 🤣🤣
my apologies! once one of your vehicles are dropped off, does the driver walk back 😆
Leeuter

Post by Leeuter »

No but it should be within reason. You may need to show how you would use the provider. Example is you may do same run regular
marvash

Post by marvash »

No, I used to use one that was 120 miles away as it was the nearest main dealer.
rachelon

Post by rachelon »

Thank you all :)
ClaireFear

Post by ClaireFear »

One of ours is nearly 60 miles away and another is nearly 70 miles, all vehicles maintained on 6 weekly PMI
doomdann

Post by doomdann »

No, you can in practice use any workshop within a dealer network (Volvo/Scania/MAN) as a few operators I know have

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”