So let’s start a debate, do you eat with your group in the hotel restaurant? Sorry rehash this when I say eat with

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Caven1647

Re: So let’s start a debate, do you eat with your group in the hotel restaurant? Sorry rehash this when I say eat with

Post by Caven1647 »

Depends if I'm invited over, sometimes nice to get a break from pax but also nice to get to know them better. I have on the odd occasion eat totally on my own as some places would offer food that wasn't on pax menu.
PaPaullz

Re: So let’s start a debate, do you eat with your group in the hotel restaurant? Sorry rehash this when I say eat with

Post by PaPaullz »

We eat in the same restaurant as group but won't share a table with them.
andlant79

Post by andlant79 »

I try not to cos it’s not my holiday it’s there’s they need sometime talk about me. Good or bad .
Markwripe

Post by Markwripe »

Nope not if I can help it. I'll make sure everyone is at dinner, then eat elsewhere if I can.
ADAMUSAN

Post by ADAMUSAN »

Depends on the group,
football team = yes
Golf group = no
Pensioners = yes
VIP group = no
Other drivers = depends who
Newrimo.hp

Post by Newrimo.hp »

ADAMUSAN wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:15 pm Depends on the group,
football team = yes
Golf group = no
Pensioners = yes
VIP group = no
i thought other drivers be candle lit lol
ADAMUSAN

Post by ADAMUSAN »

Newrimo.hp wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:15 pm
ADAMUSAN wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:15 pm Depends on the group,
football team = yes
Golf group = no
Pensioners = yes
VIP group = no
i thought other drivers be candle lit lol
ha.
busmon

Post by busmon »

Personally I prefer to sit alone… However if it’s one of them places with stupid big tables that seats like 10 people then I make do eat and make my excuses to leave, just how I am.
Kevante

Post by Kevante »

When I started tours 1980s yes
Now definitely not
I’ve heard all the questions I like peace and quiet I didn’t make no difference at the end of the week
GotGaress

Post by GotGaress »

Depends on the group. We’ve got a couple of private groups which I know really well who I’ll always sit with, but on our own tours I sit away 👍
Judge each situation individually as you find it
aj_jack

Post by aj_jack »

On my 5 day tours with groups we always try and arrange a table at a place we stay at... Then we have a final meal together if the group gels. It works well as a bit of a bonding exercise as people do try mingle...
grahuent

Post by grahuent »

To all those that say NO, its unprofessional or whatever reason do you think you should stay in a different hotel or the same hotel as your group?
I've done both and it makes no odds to me, one thing I always say is, if you want anything from the hotel ask them not me.
Also if your group asks if you want a drink would you take it? A pint or a half or soft one, personally I think it depends on the group.

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”