Just after some advice for my son (2 weeks into his first job) if you’re 1/2 hr away from base but your driving time

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
HartiuCoops

Re: Just after some advice for my son (2 weeks into his first job) if you’re 1/2 hr away from base but your driving time

Post by HartiuCoops »

nathwi wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:48 pm
HartiuCoops wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:47 pm
nathwi wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:43 pm

plan all you like by you can't plan waiting times or accidents
yeah but when someone’s a new pass you start them off light
yeah and no all depends on how they want. Me ill like to be chucked in
yeah I agree, but I guess not everyone is into that, as an employer id want to get someone experience because putting that pressure on someone, also for the firms rep
matFerdy

Re: Just after some advice for my son (2 weeks into his first job) if you’re 1/2 hr away from base but your driving time

Post by matFerdy »

On a 9hours drive look for somewhere to park when 8hours drive is up on a 10 hour drive look for somewhere when 9hours is up have a plan A,B,C on a Friday plan D
Dianna

Post by Dianna »

And what about his working time
Some companies have rules too
steencoXan

Post by steencoXan »

Throw him on to ferry mode be was trying to make the boat 😂😂
No seriously tho I absolutely wouldn’t night out for half an hour don’t care what anyone says
Worenn_MK

Post by Worenn_MK »

Keep in touch with office all day . And miss that last drop. If its the start of your weekly rest end of.
They will leave you to go over your hours and except you to drive company car back.
Marrifino

Post by Marrifino »

Black and white, it’s parked up, curtains pulled, lights out.
SeaRazu

Post by SeaRazu »

If it's not a regular thing go for it and do a print out put heading for safe parking on the back
McNicolid

Post by McNicolid »

Yep that’s yer options for sure
Dawsonsu

Post by Dawsonsu »

Was his 2x 10hr drives been used and was there still enough working hours left if still had both would’ve had a 45min break then carry on back to yard and if not park up somewhere safe his license playing it safe
Thedjin

Post by Thedjin »

2 print outs and 45 min break then Crack on
her4rysca

Post by her4rysca »

Similar to leave a.boat.or train.1 hour extra, a given dispensation for good reason and safety, 30 minute ain't nothing to work about
kemilk

Post by kemilk »

Get the paper clip out . If you know your blood old like me
Fraz3ocke

Post by Fraz3ocke »

The questions on here ie asking for my friend or his driving are just crap
2170-levolt

Post by 2170-levolt »

Your aloud to continue on to your yard
2170-levolt

Post by 2170-levolt »

Attachments
Rules.jpg
Rules.jpg (99.14 KiB) Viewed 68 times
Fordd1382

Post by Fordd1382 »

30.mins from base if returning for full 45 off duty ok to return. And do print out.
Fordd1382

Post by Fordd1382 »

Vosa are not interested in something like this where you can prove your returning to base for a full 45 off. They will just point it out to you. As they have done with me many a time. There interested in big over runs and people running with out taking there 45 min rest breaks. Nothing to panic about.
Paulyer

Post by Paulyer »

Fordd1382 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:10 pm Vosa are not interested in something like this where you can prove your returning to base for a full 45 off. They will just point it out to you. As they have done with me many a time. There interested in big over runs and people running with out taking there 45 min rest breaks. Nothing to panic about.
the post doesn't mention if they are going back to base for a full weekly rest
Fordd1382

Post by Fordd1382 »

Paulyer wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm
Fordd1382 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:10 pm Vosa are not interested in something like this where you can prove your returning to base for a full 45 off. They will just point it out to you. As they have done with me many a time. There interested in big over runs and people running with out taking there 45 min rest breaks. Nothing to panic about.
fair point, I was assuming when he said "back to base" he was meaning end of week. If it's not then park up every time!
Paulyer

Post by Paulyer »

Fordd1382 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm
fair point, I was assuming when he said "back to base" he was meaning end of week. If it's not then park up every time!
Park up, extra night out pay 😂
Fordd1382

Post by Fordd1382 »

Paulyer wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:12 pm
Fordd1382 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

Park up, extra night out pay 😂
that's what I was going to say! Takeaway and film night!

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”