Now THAT is taking the piss!! Not 100% sure but I think they have taken the advert down now (on indeed) they must of

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Jb-Toneria

Now THAT is taking the piss!! Not 100% sure but I think they have taken the advert down now (on indeed) they must of

Post by Jb-Toneria »

Now THAT is taking the piss!! 🤬
*UPDATE*
Not 100% sure but I think they have taken the advert down now (on indeed) 😂 they must of had a lot of funny phone calls! Lol
Attachments
Job.jpg
Job.jpg (139.09 KiB) Viewed 255 times
tomo2359

Re: Now THAT is taking the piss!! Not 100% sure but I think they have taken the advert down now (on indeed) they must of

Post by tomo2359 »

Wouldn't get out of bed for anything less than £1800 an hour tbh.
Yelssorc

Re: Now THAT is taking the piss!! Not 100% sure but I think they have taken the advert down now (on indeed) they must of

Post by Yelssorc »

Some in my area for £12-12.50 flat rate tramping. Industry is f**ked.
feden-1506

Post by feden-1506 »

if they pay £8 per hr they will still find 🐒 to do it
Jb-Toneria

Post by Jb-Toneria »

feden-1506 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:19 am if they pay £8 per hr they will still find 🐒 to do it
yes. That's the sad reality of it all
DYLAMER

Post by DYLAMER »

feden-1506 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:19 am if they pay £8 per hr they will still find 🐒 to do it
5 years ago they WERE paying about £8 an hour!!!
stop7aker

Post by stop7aker »

Think everyone on this forum should call that mobile number “is the job still available”
Yes it is
“I’m not surprised at them rates” then just hang up 🤣
motown

Post by motown »

stop7aker wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 am Think everyone on this forum should call that mobile number “is the job still available”
Yes it is
my thoughts 😂
newnum

Post by newnum »

stop7aker wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 am Think everyone on this forum should call that mobile number “is the job still available”
Yes it is
I’ll ring him laters when I start my shift at 23:30 😎💪
Jb-Toneria

Post by Jb-Toneria »

newnum wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 am
Yes it is
please tell me you got an answer 😂😂👌👌
newnum

Post by newnum »

Jb-Toneria wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 am
Yes it is
To early yet mate give it 20 mins lol 😂
Jb-Toneria

Post by Jb-Toneria »

newnum wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 am

not 100% sure but I think the advert has been taken down now 😂! We should keep an eye out if they come back with a renewed advert with higher pay. If they do, that makes it worse because it shows how much money they were trying to make off some poor buggers back
stop7aker

Post by stop7aker »

Jb-Toneria wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 am

not 100% sure but I think the advert has been taken down now 😂! We should keep an eye out if they come back with a renewed advert with higher pay. If they do, that makes it worse because it shows how much money they were trying to make off some poor buggers back
agreed!
martion

Post by martion »

Jb-Toneria wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 am

well if it been taken down this is a good way to name and shame these ppl hope they will bid the right prices for the job and the ppl the right wage to do it..😂
Carr+CHosen

Post by Carr+CHosen »

What dinner you gonna get for £3!? 😂
Jb-Toneria

Post by Jb-Toneria »

Carr+CHosen wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:29 am What dinner you gonna get for £3!? 😂
can't even get a tescos meal deal!!
crovoniTy

Post by crovoniTy »

Carr+CHosen wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:29 am What dinner you gonna get for £3!? 😂
most service is £3 for a bottle of water so there’s dinner sorted😂😂
Carr+CHosen

Post by Carr+CHosen »

crovoniTy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:32 am
most service is £3 for a bottle of water so there’s dinner sorted😂😂
or 2 for £3 on energy drink. No idea why truck drivers have an unhealthy diet 😂
davissMMoree

Post by davissMMoree »

half a meal deal from Asda
wilsonneCo

Post by wilsonneCo »

On the bright side you’d get a 94p per hour pay rise from next month 😂🤣
Reecellon

Post by Reecellon »

No money in the job everyone undercutting the hauliers, I’m on everyone’s side about pay but it may have something to do with the 430 haulage businesses going bust, there will be no jobs soon, business doesn’t make money no staff requirements 🤷🤔
martion

Post by martion »

Reecellon wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:34 am No money in the job everyone undercutting the hauliers, I’m on everyone’s side about pay but it may have something to do with the 430 haulage businesses going bust, there will be no jobs soon, business doesn’t make money no staff requirements 🤷🤔
there be jobs just mean hauliers can put there prices up on contracts that ppl have been doing for slave labour as they undercut everyone else in the industry to get the contract the less competition u would like to think the rates could be potentially better
Reecellon

Post by Reecellon »

martion wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:35 am
Reecellon wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:34 am No money in the job everyone undercutting the hauliers, I’m on everyone’s side about pay but it may have something to do with the 430 haulage businesses going bust, there will be no jobs soon, business doesn’t make money no staff requirements 🤷🤔
there be jobs just mean hauliers can put there prices up on contracts that ppl have been doing for slave labour as they undercut everyone else in the industry to get the contract the less competition u would like to think the rates could be potentially better
all due respect mate of course, the level of service a haulier gives to a company means very little nowadays, granted there are a few out there that know and understand the quality of service, however most companies now are all about saving money.
Instead the next haulier is working against the competition if we all stuck together and came up with a standard working rate then yes things could improve, but the land of hauliers now would rather cut the job into pieces which most are finding now isn’t sustainable 🤷🙄
martion

Post by martion »

Reecellon wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:36 am
all due respect mate of course, the level of service a haulier gives to a company means very little nowadays, granted there are a few out there that know and understand the quality of service, however most companies now are all about saving money.
Instead the next haulier is working against the competition if we all stuck together and came up with a standard working rate then yes things could improve, but the land of hauliers now would rather cut the job into pieces which most are finding now isn’t sustainable 🤷🙄
yea I know mate I’d hang up my driving boots for that wage and do something else
Jb-Toneria

Post by Jb-Toneria »

martion wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:36 am

yea I know mate I’d hang up my driving boots for that wage and do something else
and there's me doing my class 1 to hang up my tools 👀🙈 I'm on 13.50ph now as a tarmacer and I drive a 7.5tonner.
martion

Post by martion »

Jb-Toneria wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:37 am
martion wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:36 am

and there's me doing my class 1 to hang up my tools 👀🙈 I'm on 13.50ph now as a tarmacer and I drive a 7.5tonner.
there jobs out there m8 better than these robbing bastards even the night out money at £23 is a joke it’s tax free up to £34 u can stack pea in Aldi for £15hr
pauezzati53

Post by pauezzati53 »

We could offer to work for nothing or you could .If you can't pay a living wage it is time to close.
Reecellon

Post by Reecellon »

pauezzati53 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:46 am
We could offer to work for nothing or you could .If you can't pay a living wage it is time to close.
I completely agree Pauezzati my perspective was based on the industry itself and people will probably find companies offering these sorts of wages are the ones struggling 👍
Jb-Toneria

Post by Jb-Toneria »

pauezzati53 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:46 am
and drivers deserve more than a "living" wage with the responsibility they have on the roads
andyki

Post by andyki »

hardly there are 60,000 registered haulage companies in the UK employing 1.5 million people and over 350,000 drivers so not exactly doom and gloom
Reecellon

Post by Reecellon »

andyki wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:48 am
hardly there are 60,000 registered haulage companies in the UK employing 1.5 million people and over 350,000 drivers so not exactly doom and gloom
your absolutely right Andy there’s still plenty of jobs and companies trading but I can see rates been offered at less than a 7.5tonne would run for and that’s for an artic.
Your looking at the bigger picture which yes maybe my sarcasm was taken abit to seriously, what I meant was if things carry on the way it is companies won’t be able to sustain it.
andyki

Post by andyki »

Reecellon wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:48 am
your absolutely right Andy there’s still plenty of jobs and companies trading but I can see rates been offered at less than a 7.5tonne would run for and that’s for an artic.
Your looking at the bigger picture which yes maybe my sarcasm was taken abit to seriously, what I meant was if things carry on the way it is companies won’t be able to sustain it.
true. Biggest factor fuel duty. Slash that costs should come down but greedy companies wouldn't pass it on. They make loads just a lot don't admit it. My company earns a lot and profit is good and we are paid well could be more but that might be greedy 😉
Reecellon

Post by Reecellon »

Reecellon wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:48 am

true. Biggest factor fuel duty. Slash that costs should come down but greedy companies wouldn't pass it on. They make loads just a lot don't admit it. My company earns a lot and profit is good and we are paid well could be more but that might be greedy 😉
a profitable and sustainable company is a job for life buddy
Jamewo98

Post by Jamewo98 »

undercutting is a myth and it's bollocks....
Global economy on its knees, factories aren't producing as much etc etc etc, couple that with rising costs and the ability to lease newer trucks is a recipe for disaster and is what is happening...
Reecellon

Post by Reecellon »

Jamewo98 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:50 am
undercutting is a myth and it's bollocks....
Global economy on its knees, factories aren't producing as much etc etc etc, couple that with rising costs and the ability to lease newer trucks is a recipe for disaster and is what is happening...
undercutting is a myth 🤦‍♂️
So people approaching other hauliers contractual work and offering it at much cheaper is a myth I think not.
It’s up to the hauliers what they do in regards to purchasing or leasing equipment if they can’t sustain it they shouldn’t be trading
indengo25

Post by indengo25 »

Bainsur wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:03 pm £3 meal allowance 🤣
a red bull is 2.99🤣
Bainsur

Post by Bainsur »

indengo25 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:04 pm
a red bull is 2.99🤣
sign me up 🤣
indengo25

Post by indengo25 »

Bainsur wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:04 pm
a red bull is 2.99🤣
sign me up 🤣
after 300 cans you can afford an extra one 😂 that's if you don't starve first
Bainsur

Post by Bainsur »

Bainsur wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:04 pm

a red bull is 2.99🤣
sign me up 🤣
after 300 cans you can afford an extra one 😂 that's if you don't starve first
I will defo starve for this job 😂
andyki

Post by andyki »

ADR as well what a joke?!!! Guaranteed its taken by some one with no standards or desperate and then job comes up again in two months!
keillon839

Post by keillon839 »

andyki wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:05 pm ADR as well what a joke?!!! Guaranteed its taken by some one with no standards or desperate and then job comes up again in two months!
2 months your hopeful
andyki

Post by andyki »

keillon839 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:06 pm
andyki wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:05 pm ADR as well what a joke?!!! Guaranteed its taken by some one with no standards or desperate and then job comes up again in two months!
2 months your hopeful
being kind to the company 😉🤣
martion

Post by martion »

u would be better off on the dole by the time he pick up is wages there be nothing left as he at to feed him self all week £3 a day barely buy u a litre of water
andyki

Post by andyki »

martion wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 pm
u would be better off on the dole by the time he pick up is wages there be nothing left as he at to feed him self all week £3 a day barely buy u a litre of water
very true!
andyki

Post by andyki »

hows lewis tankers you been there long? I almost came there 18months ago but got job where I am now
ShinSladee

Post by ShinSladee »

try learning how to write a sentence
martion

Post by martion »

ShinSladee wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:13 pm
try learning how to write a sentence
don’t need to write a sentence to drive..🤷‍♂️
martion

Post by martion »

andyki wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:11 pm
hows lewis tankers you been there long? I almost came there 18months ago but got job where I am now
yea I’ve been with them roughly 11 years mate never done me no wrong m8 do your job go home, what contract was you going to do mate, and what job did you take.
andyki

Post by andyki »

martion wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:14 pm

yea I’ve been with them roughly 11 years mate never done me no wrong m8 do your job go home, what contract was you going to do mate, and what job did you take.
work on ethanol out of Selby great job wasn't sure for you lot but was about to have interview and this came up first!
martion

Post by martion »

andyki wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:14 pm

work on ethanol out of Selby great job wasn't sure for you lot but was about to have interview and this came up first!
seems like a decent job my friend does ethanol he likes it. I’m on the aviation although I do cover some holiday cover on retail and commercial it just keeps all my cards updated and your hand in game. I’m out of Avonmouth.
andyki

Post by andyki »

andyki wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:14 pm

seems like a decent job my friend does ethanol he likes it. I’m on the aviation although I do cover some holiday cover on retail and commercial it just keeps all my cards updated and your hand in game. I’m out of Avonmouth.
we run out of Selby mainly to Scotland but do a few dotted around England for variation
vicbull

Post by vicbull »

it's not a crime to be desperate just maybe made few bad decisions they will find someone for this job and they may not last long fund another world we live in now
chulibb

Post by chulibb »

Tried calling busy all the time must hundreds trying to get through 😂
vackergiPan

Post by vackergiPan »

Thing is to someone it's a wage they desperate to have and starting to see more and more posts about it people either don't have the balls to club together and do something about it or can't afford to not be in work and companies are taking advantage of it
lambox

Post by lambox »

Keep the roof over the families head...
Jb-Toneria

Post by Jb-Toneria »

lambox wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:19 pm Keep the roof over the families head...
no good keeping a roof over your head if you can't afford to pay the utility bills because you are on such a sh*t wage. Everyone needs to stand up to this bullsh*t. The UK is f**ked!
lambox

Post by lambox »

Jb-Toneria wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:20 pm
no good keeping a roof over your head if you can't afford to pay the utility bills because you are on such a sh*t wage. Everyone needs to stand up to this bullsh*t. The UK is f**ked!
the job will suit someone that's what I'm saying. Its shocking but reality
It's still 800odd quid a week
ShinSladee

Post by ShinSladee »

stay in the valleys
Jamewo98

Post by Jamewo98 »

such a sh*t wage?, haulage has always been well paid due to the high amount of hours worked with the exception of a few.....
That job is 40k+ on the usual max hours and 4/5 nights a week...
That's around £15k higher than average (not exact I'm sure). It's a dam sight more than you'll ever earn at Aldi, McDonald's, warehousing and any other shite people come up with....
It's not bad for 1 week's training considering if you were a uni grad you'd need at least 5 years to get a degree to even sniff at 40k...
Find what's right for YOU and if it's not move on... Haulage isn't public sector so "standing together" as you put it will never work...ever...
Jb-Toneria

Post by Jb-Toneria »

Jamewo98 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:25 pm
such a sh*t wage?, haulage has always been well paid due to the high amount of hours worked with the exception of a few.....
That's around £15k higher than average (not exact I'm sure). It's a dam sight more than you'll ever earn at Aldi, McDonald's, warehousing and any other shite people come up with....
It's not bad for 1 week's training considering if you were a uni grad you'd need at least 5 years to get a degree to even sniff at 40k...
Find what's right for YOU and if it's not move on... Haulage isn't public sector so "standing together" as you put it will never work...ever...
Tory snobs and greedy Business owners love people like you 🙄
Jamewo98

Post by Jamewo98 »

Jb-Toneria wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:31 pm
Jamewo98 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:25 pm

Tory snobs and greedy Business owners love people like you 🙄
and conspiracy groups loathe off of people like you 😂🙄...
So you keep fighting for nothing and refusing a well paid job in an industry that has required you to work many hours for years. Whilst I don't disagree with what you say (hourly rate is sh*te but apart from exceptions this has always been the case) you still are not going to achieve much and judging by previous comments you haven't even been driving long 🙄
quew1748

Post by quew1748 »

We should all call and apply for the job. Then don't turn up for the interview. If they call asking you why...... you tell them.
IanBuffy

Post by IanBuffy »

Also illegal in a few more weeks
WatersUpfor

Post by WatersUpfor »

That's below minimum wage surely!
towerze

Post by towerze »

WatersUpfor wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:34 pm That's below minimum wage surely!
8p above 🤑
martion

Post by martion »

F**k me let’s hope this company sinks no respect what so ever for its driver contact Dan lines..😀 he must of been doing lines of gear to post this
andyki

Post by andyki »

martion wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:36 pm F**k me let’s hope this company sinks no respect what so ever for its driver contact Dan lines..😀 he must of been doing lines of gear to post this
if its direct employment the company has tendered for the work on such a low profit margin and now realises can't afford to pay proper wage for ADR tanker work
martion

Post by martion »

andyki wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:36 pm
martion wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:36 pm F**k me let’s hope this company sinks no respect what so ever for its driver contact Dan lines..😀 he must of been doing lines of gear to post this
if its direct employment the company has tendered for the work on such a low profit margin and now realises can't afford to pay proper wage for ADR tanker work
yea I have no doubt on this m8 but this is awful for tanker work worst I’ve seen and the cheeky bastard even said experience 😀 should state at the bottom as well u might need to stop off at the food bank to live for 5 days 😀
liam3tons

Post by liam3tons »

Why would anyone be interested in that sh*t wage
Jb-Toneria

Post by Jb-Toneria »

liam3tons wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:43 pm Why would anyone be interested in that sh*t wage
the problem is, some f**ker will be 😭
HOGARCH

Post by HOGARCH »

Low rates for haulers nowadays so no driving jobs soon as no point in paying high if haulers no making anything as expensive enough to buy & keep a lorry on the road. Look 👀 at the bigger picture not just yourself 🤔
Jb-Toneria

Post by Jb-Toneria »

HOGARCH wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:44 pm Low rates for haulers nowadays so no driving jobs soon as no point in paying high if haulers no making anything as expensive enough to buy & keep a lorry on the road. Look 👀 at the bigger picture not just yourself 🤔
yeah you're right there. The whole country is f**ked! If I was single and didn't have a dog. I'd be gone from this sh*t hole
Eastinex

Post by Eastinex »

Jb-Toneria wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:44 pm
HOGARCH wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:44 pm Low rates for haulers nowadays so no driving jobs soon as no point in paying high if haulers no making anything as expensive enough to buy & keep a lorry on the road. Look 👀 at the bigger picture not just yourself 🤔
yeah you're right there. The whole country is f**ked! If I was single and didn't have a dog. I'd be gone from this sh*t hole
I did just that and have never looked back. I would never live or work in the uk again, it’s a joke

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”