Hi, wondering where could I get some coach driving experience? Been driving local buses around towns and city, want

Ads by bus and coach drivers looking for work
garnergyMo

Hi, wondering where could I get some coach driving experience? Been driving local buses around towns and city, want

Post by garnergyMo »

Hi, wondering where could I get some coach driving experience? Been driving local buses around towns and city, want to try something new, thanks.
Jo.Weekly

Re: Hi, wondering where could I get some coach driving experience? Been driving local buses around towns and city, want

Post by Jo.Weekly »

Where you based? Plenty of companies on here and around in need of drivers for coach work. Best way to get at is jump straight to it. Whoever you join should double man so your not on your own or if you work in a convoy going to the same destination so you get the experience to, that could work.
incedero95

Re: Hi, wondering where could I get some coach driving experience? Been driving local buses around towns and city, want

Post by incedero95 »

Jo.Weekly wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:40 am Where you based? Plenty of companies on here and around in need of drivers for coach work. Best way to get at is jump straight to it. Whoever you join should double man so your not on your own or if you work in a convoy going to the same destination so you get the experience to, that could work.
in an ideal world
Jo.Weekly

Post by Jo.Weekly »

First time I did it was a private hire out to the seaside, practically jumped right out in the deep end although drove around in the coach to get a feel for it for about 20mins, the following day was the job and yeah worked out well. Since done a load of school trips and no issues beyond missing a turn lol
garnergyMo

Post by garnergyMo »

Jo.Weekly wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:41 am First time I did it was a private hire out to the seaside, practically jumped right out in the deep end although drove around in the coach to get a feel for it for about 20mins, the following day was the job and yeah worked out well. Since done a load of school trips and no issues beyond missing a turn lol
that's good, what I worry most is tacho card stuff, as if you messed up with that and stopped I would be getting all the drama lol
Jo.Weekly

Post by Jo.Weekly »

garnergyMo wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:41 am
Jo.Weekly wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:41 am First time I did it was a private hire out to the seaside, practically jumped right out in the deep end although drove around in the coach to get a feel for it for about 20mins, the following day was the job and yeah worked out well. Since done a load of school trips and no issues beyond missing a turn lol
that's good, what I worry most is tacho card stuff, as if you messed up with that and stopped I would be getting all the drama lol
I was the same to begin with. First time I did rail replacement it domestic rules so we were filling out paper work but then I joined another company who does rail but uses tacho and I've researched and learned. I've made mistakes and had 1 infringement regarding breaks but i put that to a paper work issue and have since learned my lesson. We all make mistakes it's part of being human, best thing is to learn to avoid future events. That's what I take from it.
garnergyMo

Post by garnergyMo »

Jo.Weekly wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:42 am
garnergyMo wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:41 am
I was the same to begin with. First time I did rail replacement it domestic rules so we were filling out paper work but then I joined another company who does rail but uses tacho and I've researched and learned. I've made mistakes and had 1 infringement regarding breaks but i put that to a paper work issue and have since learned my lesson. We all make mistakes it's part of being human, best thing is to learn to avoid future events. That's what I take from it.
👍
whittGriffon

Post by whittGriffon »

Go and the CPC module on drivers hours and tachographs first before you go anywhere near a coach.
chambic106

Post by chambic106 »

whittGriffon wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:46 am Go and the CPC module on drivers hours and tachographs first before you go anywhere near a coach.
first time I done the hours and tacho on cpc I was confused af I dunno if my teacher had a way of explaining it but I went to my tm and asked and they simplified it way better 😂 (not had 1 infringement for hours or rest either)
chambic106

Post by chambic106 »

mine was a school museum trip shunted them around the yard and fueled them occasionally before so had a feel for them just not having a set route was the difference for me but with the tacho rules research online or ask ya tm
garnergyMo

Post by garnergyMo »

KirrKimono wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:00 pm Send me PM if interested
pm you
tuchowZipp

Post by tuchowZipp »

First of all you would need a decent Sat Nav fro trucks, as sadly there is no a real one for the busses including usable bus lanes etc.
This will guide you in case of unexpected on unknown roads in the beginning to feel more comfortable.
Second is to always have a chart for next day and do your homework to check routings, low bridges and tight spots, weight, height, and width restrictions. Google Maps and Street View to check for landmarks.
Then it's completely another job and gives a lot of freedom and satisfaction. You drive a group to a destination, have your break, drive then back. Paid desk to desk usually. Long days, not much driving compared to service work.
There is easy and nice ones and sometimes nasty ones, but it's like everywhere.
garnergyMo

Post by garnergyMo »

tuchowZipp wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:17 pm First of all you would need a decent Sat Nav fro trucks, as sadly there is no a real one for the busses including usable bus lanes etc.
This will guide you in case of unexpected on unknown roads in the beginning to feel more comfortable.
Second is to always have a chart for next day and do your homework to check routings, low bridges and tight spots, weight, height, and width restrictions. Google Maps and Street View to check for landmarks.
Then it's completely another job and gives a lot of freedom and satisfaction. You drive a group to a destination, have your break, drive then back. Paid desk to desk usually. Long days, not much driving compared to service work.
There is easy and nice ones and sometimes nasty ones, but it's like everywhere.
north west good tips
JohnetteGo

Post by JohnetteGo »

Try a operator which also does national express/Megabus/flixbus then you have best of both worlds
chambic106

Post by chambic106 »

JohnetteGo wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:33 pm Try a operator which also does national express/Megabus/flixbus then you have best of both worlds
see usually I wouldn’t recommend Nat ex to anyone 😂 but it’s basically service work in a coach so may be better for the op
garnergyMo

Post by garnergyMo »

MicMichallow wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:34 pm Where are you based?
pm you
PayNerano

Post by PayNerano »

As everyone else said plus brush up on tacho rules! A lot different than bus work. Always adverts on here but give your local companies a ring (after 9 am they're all on school runs lol)

Return to “Bus and coach drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”