Anyone Worked For Bidfood ?

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
RogerOut

Anyone Worked For Bidfood ?

Post by RogerOut »

Hello everyone , first post on here.

Got my license when in the forces a long time ago and done just over a years driving class 2 lorries,for a large waste company. Left that for personal reasons and am thinking of going back to HGV driving.
Bidfood seem to be paying good money , anyone got any experience for them ? Good or bad? Average start times and finish times? This is for a south east depot so I’d imagine it would mean going to London.

Warburtons are also looking and pay well but I’m not sure I could face staring at 3 or 4 am when having a good hours drive to get there. Plus I’ve heard the shifts all over the place.
furrygoblet

Re: Anyone Worked For Bidfood ?

Post by furrygoblet »

I currently work for them.

Its the most toxic company I have ever worked for.
Average start time is 6am, finish...whenever all the deliveries in your area have been done. So that could be 4pm or 7pm or later. Also expect a text a couple of times a week asking for you to start at 5am or 530am. Same finishing times.
If you manage to get your route completed in a reasonable time expect to be routed out to help another driver. I have driven an hour to pick up 1 drop off someone before.
Trying to get time off is like getting blood out of a stone.
Its bloody heavy work. Pushing cages across cobbles then emptying them up or down stairs is the norm.
The only good thing is the money.
After 2 years I am now applying elsewhere as the job takes its toll.
RogerOut

Re: Anyone Worked For Bidfood ?

Post by RogerOut »

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve heard similar stories. I wouldn’t want to finish at 7pm and then be back at 5am. Especially with travelling to get to the depot. Do you have a long commute yourself?

Is the pay really over 40k? You say it’s hard taking time off, does that mean it’s really hard to book holidays?

How many loads are you doing on average ?

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”