Just a random query, looking for a bit of guidance folks. I've done 25 years full-time in the industry, in both

Ads by bus and coach drivers looking for work
RynDrean

Just a random query, looking for a bit of guidance folks. I've done 25 years full-time in the industry, in both

Post by RynDrean »

Just a random query, looking for a bit of guidance folks.
My wife and I have often thought about relocation to the North East of England, and now our kids are up, we've started looking a bit more seriously nothing set in stone, just checking it out more thoroughly than we've done in the past......

Anywhere from Newcastle, South Shields, Durham, down to Middlesbrough, as a kind of broad scope area......

I've done 25 years full-time in the industry, in both service and coach work, tours, schools, hires, express, worked as an allocator and controller, and other roles from garage labourer / shunting etc....

I took a break from the industry last year, working for the local council,
Still doing part-time work for a local coach operator,
What I'm curious about, is folks thoughts on what's available workwise......
No need for any negatives in terms of specific firms.....

Obviously service wise, there's the big 3, I've done about 15yrs worth of work with one of them so have no fears or illusions about that kind of situation and what it's realities are.......
But it's the coaching side I'm more looking for guidance as I'm not familiar with any operators in this neck of the woods, so just some general tips on where's good to live and work, who's recruiting or looking to, would be greatly appreciated......

Many thanks folks,
Take care and stay safe on the road 👍
mitch6icus

Re: Just a random query, looking for a bit of guidance folks. I've done 25 years full-time in the industry, in both

Post by mitch6icus »

Newcastle/gateshead /durham areas
Jh coaches
L&B Travel
Howard Snaiths
Stanley Travel (highly recommended)
There's multiple others
ParkJAM

Re: Just a random query, looking for a bit of guidance folks. I've done 25 years full-time in the industry, in both

Post by ParkJAM »

mitch6icus wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:05 pm Newcastle/gateshead /durham areas
Jh coaches
L&B Travel
Howard Snaiths
There's multiple others
agreed on all cept 1
TreBrood

Post by TreBrood »

Jh coaches
L&B Travel
Howard Snaiths
There's multiple others
wouldn't work at Stanley its got Andy, David & Malcolm working there 🤣
ParkJAM

Post by ParkJAM »

TreBrood wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:07 pm
Jh coaches
L&B Travel
Howard Snaiths
There's multiple others
wouldn't work at Stanley its got Andy, David & Malcolm working there 🤣
well....every company has their dodgy drivers 😉
lowd5nett

Post by lowd5nett »

JH COACHES mate great firm to work for I was there 20yrs untill now
CURTISON

Post by CURTISON »

Rowells of Prudhoe or Primrose coaches at Accomb just near Hexham if you were more that way
moor3leno

Post by moor3leno »

CURTISON wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:09 pm Rowells of Prudhoe or Primrose coaches at Accomb just near Hexham if you were more that way
great lad to work for at primrose
ather5Kat

Post by ather5Kat »

JH Coaches. Boss is a decent chap.
luuKeitch

Post by luuKeitch »

Jenna Duke is looking try to message her pal..
MC.gillarix

Post by MC.gillarix »

Barnard Castle is a little out of your area but a nice place and Hodgsons offer a variety of work
OLIVENTRO

Post by OLIVENTRO »

626 Coach Hire - Coach Hire County Durham are looking for drivers, No school contracts
ReedPROS

Post by ReedPROS »

L & B Travel, North East Coach Hire, 626 Coach Hire, Weardale, J H Coaches. There’s loads 😀
TreBrood

Post by TreBrood »

Cotham coaches and skelton coaches near Guisborough both nice fleets
JAMIBOY

Post by JAMIBOY »

Caledonian Travel at Washington
KingRONN

Post by KingRONN »

JAMIBOY wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:13 pm Caledonian Travel at Washington
Stand by for the negative comments mate :lol:
JAMIBOY

Post by JAMIBOY »

KingRONN wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:14 pm
naturally
TreBrood

Post by TreBrood »

Right! Where do I start 🤔?
TreBrood

Post by TreBrood »

JAMIBOY wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:14 pm
naturally
Should of booked with Leger. 😉
shann_1000

Post by shann_1000 »

oh Jamiboy what have you done 🤣
ro+ricelhen

Post by ro+ricelhen »

North of Newcastle there are the three Ccoopers, Cooper's Tourmaster Travel, Henry Cooper and James Cooper. Going further north there is Glen Valley Tours. Amble Coaches and Longstaffes.
ARTHURO

Post by ARTHURO »

If you do relocate give is a call at
Weardale Motor Services Ltd.
RynDrean

Post by RynDrean »

ARTHURO wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:17 pm If you do relocate give is a call at
Weardale Motor Services Ltd.
Brilliant, thank you,
Will do 👍
BENTNER

Post by BENTNER »

You’ve got to move to South Shields I live there it’s unbelievable area to live
noth_hoop

Post by noth_hoop »

Most recruit on Indeed these days, put your CV in and the good ones will contact you. Middlesbrough you have;
Delta
M&D
Compass
Jacks
Commercial
and more
Eavesta989

Post by Eavesta989 »

Don't go to Middlesbrough, it's a HOLE! I grew up there and couldn't get out quick enough at 17! I've been back to see family and it hasn't changed, destitute without the Shipyards, Steelworks or ICI!
TreBrood

Post by TreBrood »

Eavesta989 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:19 pm Don't go to Middlesbrough, it's a HOLE! I grew up there and couldn't get out quick enough at 17! I've been back to see family and it hasn't changed, destitute without the Shipyards, Steelworks or ICI!
where abouts in boro
Eavesta989

Post by Eavesta989 »

TreBrood wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:19 pm
Eavesta989 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:19 pm Don't go to Middlesbrough, it's a HOLE! I grew up there and couldn't get out quick enough at 17! I've been back to see family and it hasn't changed, destitute without the Shipyards, Steelworks or ICI!
where abouts in boro
longlands, nice enough area, but the drug problems in the town I couldn't cope with.
TreBrood

Post by TreBrood »

Eavesta989 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:19 pm
where abouts in boro
longlands, nice enough area, but the drug problems in the town I couldn't cope with.
saltersgill
Eavesta989

Post by Eavesta989 »

TreBrood wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:20 pm

where abouts in boro
saltersgill
nice to speak to you, my Mum kicked off after I moved to Inverness driving ding ding up here, wanted to know why I didn't move there, they were on National minimum wage, not a chance!
TreBrood

Post by TreBrood »

Eavesta989 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:20 pm
TreBrood wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:20 pm

saltersgill
nice to speak to you, my Mum kicked off after I moved to Inverness driving ding ding up here, wanted to know why I didn't move there, they were on National minimum wage, not a chance!
lol
bew-nammyr

Post by bew-nammyr »

Caledonian at Washington.....been fine by me....
jamy.word

Post by jamy.word »

It all depends on what you want to do how flexible you are and what your expectations are
G6ordonda

Post by G6ordonda »

Hexham is a lovely town. Be nice place to live and cental ish for travel east or west
KIERLOGY

Post by KIERLOGY »

Procters Coaches. 01677425203. Compass Royston. They have FT and PT vacancies. Email [email protected]
finn+vnik

Post by finn+vnik »

Mark Hodgson first class operation
Tascon7th

Post by Tascon7th »

It totally depends on where you are locating to and how far you're looking to commute, for example, Chester le street, Stanley, Washington gateshead at JH coaches we are ideal, there is a multitude of operators you can work for in this area, some more admirable than other but obviously being with JH coaches in Birtley I'm going to be bias, however cannot fault them, family run, large investment since starting up in Birtley in 2013 after taking over a fleet of 6 motors from JIM HUGHES and the company, its grown and flourished ever since, we now have a large fleet of over 50 motors and a fully equipped workshop predominantly Scania and Volvo coaches.
Tascon7th

Post by Tascon7th »

So yeah I'll be bias but totally depends on you're commute and where you are locating to.
RynDrean

Post by RynDrean »

Thank you all, for taking the time to answer, and provide my wife and I with plenty of names and information to research and look into.....

Early days for us just now, in terms of what we can get for our house, and what we can look at down this way, but everything that you have all provided is a massive help for us to start from

Thank you all 👍👍👍👍👍

Return to “Bus and coach drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”