DVLA have done it again to me, So I'm looking for driving work in the Thanet area up to 7.5t part time or full time

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
ryonDASS

Re: DVLA have done it again to me, So I'm looking for driving work in the Thanet area up to 7.5t part time or full time

Post by ryonDASS »

KEITHMO wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:53 pm Now going to send photo copy recorded delivery which is almost £8 which im told could take DVLA 4 to 6 weeks to sort. F**king good job i have an understanding company at the moment otherwise id be down the road.
Hope it works as I’ve heard DVLA say a photocopy could have been doctored.
KEITHMO

Re: DVLA have done it again to me, So I'm looking for driving work in the Thanet area up to 7.5t part time or full time

Post by KEITHMO »

ryonDASS wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:54 pm
KEITHMO wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:53 pm Now going to send photo copy recorded delivery which is almost £8 which im told could take DVLA 4 to 6 weeks to sort. F**king good job i have an understanding company at the moment otherwise id be down the road.
Hope it works as I’ve heard DVLA say a photocopy could have been doctored.
well she said ok so long as can read it? If i can they can lol if this dont work im giving up and just look for van job
Morrs-Czor

Post by Morrs-Czor »

Never send your licence in until your new one arrives and matches your original one.
StevenRRod

Post by StevenRRod »

Morrs-Czor wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:55 pm Never send your licence in until your new one arrives and matches your original one.
can't do that, they won't process with out old one, I did put a letter in with it saying please run hgv till runout date but did take a blind bit of notice,
StevenRRod

Post by StevenRRod »

Morrs-Czor wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:55 pm Never send your licence in until your new one arrives and matches your original one.
all it means is that I'm now retired so I'm looking for van or up to 7.5t part or full time in Thanet area
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

StevenRRod wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:55 pm
can't do that, they won't process with out old one, I did put a letter in with it saying please run hgv till runout date but did take a blind bit of notice,
yes they will process without the old licence.
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

all it means is that I'm now retired so I'm looking for van or up to 7.5t part or full time in Thanet area
I have every single licence I have ever had here in my office and have never returned any of them.
ryonDASS

Post by ryonDASS »

Lost licence.
sean3xiqq

Post by sean3xiqq »

It can be re issued with it on. They have records of previous categories held and reasons why it was taken…ie medical reasons.
sean3xiqq

Post by sean3xiqq »

I used a solicitor and lo behold it was issued. No apology however 🙄 mine was an admin error.
LamBerTonn

Post by LamBerTonn »

Please forgive me if I'm wrong here but isn't 7.5t a class 4 hgv. Wont you still need your hgv licence to drive one. I stand to be corrected but I think I'm right sorry mate.
terrz1002

Post by terrz1002 »

LamBerTonn wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:59 pm Please forgive me if I'm wrong here but isn't 7.5t a class 4 hgv. Wont you still need your hgv licence to drive one. I stand to be corrected but I think I'm right sorry mate.
he will probably have 7.5t as grandad rights.. so offence intended 😂
ALEXandro

Post by ALEXandro »

terrz1002 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:59 pm
LamBerTonn wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:59 pm Please forgive me if I'm wrong here but isn't 7.5t a class 4 hgv. Wont you still need your hgv licence to drive one. I stand to be corrected but I think I'm right sorry mate.
he will probably have 7.5t as grandad rights.. so offence intended 😂
you are right
StevenRRod

Post by StevenRRod »

jhackTeeV wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:00 pm Won't it still be online?
no it's totally off, got told this morning on the phone to them
Mac_Manuell

Post by Mac_Manuell »

DID YOU WORK BEFORE WITH CLASS ONE LICENSE?
YOU MOST ASKED FOR AN COPY OF YOUR LICENSE, AFTER YOU CAN PROVE AND FINALLY HAVE BACK THE CLASS ONE LICENSE 🙏🙏🙏
StevenRRod

Post by StevenRRod »

Mac_Manuell wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:01 pm DID YOU WORK BEFORE WITH CLASS ONE LICENSE?
YOU MOST ASKED FOR AN COPY OF YOUR LICENSE, AFTER YOU CAN PROVE AND FINALLY HAVE BACK THE CLASS ONE LICENSE 🙏🙏🙏
I've got pics on my phone but it's not on their system anymore, I've only got 26days on it anyway so just means I've retired early, I've heard of a lot of drivers that it's happened to and they say their short of drivers, the government needs to sort out driving rules and the dvla
daniel5od

Post by daniel5od »

If you need some part time driving work on 7.5 ton massage me
StevenRRod

Post by StevenRRod »

JOHNOWER wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:02 pmRetire
I am lol
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

I’m sorry but something just isn’t right here.
If you have passed the medical and sent a correctly completed application and medical D4 form it will be issued. DVLA don’t get to choose if you meet the medical standards and haven’t been revoked by the Traffic Commissioner.
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

If there has been a technical issue and by some miracle your Category has been deleted from the computer, a single copy of a previous existing licence will get it reinstated.
I just get the impression you either aren’t giving the full story or you simply don’t understand what has happened.
terrz1002

Post by terrz1002 »

Someone would have a photo copy of your licence.. get that and sue the f*ck out of them for loss of earnings
ALEXandro

Post by ALEXandro »

Why can’t they put it back on They know the date you past your test
StevenRRod

Post by StevenRRod »

ALEXandro wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:04 pm Why can’t they put it back on They know the date you past your test
don't for get when you reach 45yrs your runout date is your birthday as in the 5yr to renew at 50,55,60,65, I don't think they care just go by the manual jobs worth so hay ho I'm now retiring off the big ones and find a job on up to 7.5t
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

StevenRRod wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:04 pm
ALEXandro wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:04 pm Why can’t they put it back on They know the date you past your test
don't for get when you reach 45yrs your runout date is your birthday as in the 5yr to renew at 50,55,60,65, I don't think they care just go by the manual jobs worth so hay ho I'm now retiring off the big ones and find a job on up to 7.5t
That isn’t necessarily correct and the majority of people the expiry date is no longer aligned with their birthday.
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

However, regardless of this it is only the expiry of the medical, the Category is still there and can be reinstated at any time by submitting a suitable application and D4 form
Nobody loses an entitlement unless it is revoked for disciplinary reasons. Even a revocation on medical grounds sees the licence reinstated once the correct medical standard is met.
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

There is clearly something else to this and it isn’t just DVLA even though you seem to want to blame them.
StevenRRod

Post by StevenRRod »

kevonGreel wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:05 pm
There is clearly something else to this and it isn’t just DVLA even though you seem to want to blame them.
yes sorry the blame is theirs coz when I sent it off to renew i put a message in with it that the hgv didn't run out till the Nov 12 so could they take that in to account and they didn't, when I phoned the bloke I spoke to apologized and asked his supervisor if he could put it back on and the answer was no so yes l blame them and now I had to retire 1month early, don't even get pension till 30th Nov lucky have enuf money to last
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

StevenRRod wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:06 pm

yes sorry the blame is theirs coz when I sent it off to renew i put a message in with it that the hgv didn't run out till the Nov 12 so could they take that in to account and they didn't, when I phoned the bloke I spoke to apologized and asked his supervisor if he could put it back on and the answer was no so yes l blame them and now I had to retire 1month early, don't even get pension till 30th Nov lucky have enuf money to last
I’m sorry but this makes no sense. If you sent it off to renew - why wasn’t it renewed?
Did you pass the medical or did the doctor highlight an issue?
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

What has the Nov 12 got to do with it.
I’ll say it again - what you say simply does not make sense. I’m not saying this to be awkward, you are ex REME as am I and I’ll help you if I can. I deal with driving licences very often in my job. I help people renew and help with various issues. I’ll help and give you correct advice but I need to understand the issue.
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

As I have said DVLA do not remove entitlement unless for medical or disciplinary revocation. If they have removed the entitlement and won’t put it back it must be a medical issue and that isn’t their fault.
If you don’t want to discuss publicly on here message me.
StevenRRod

Post by StevenRRod »

kevonGreel wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:08 pm

As I have said DVLA do not remove entitlement unless for medical or disciplinary revocation. If they have removed the entitlement and won’t put it back it must be a medical issue and that isn’t their fault.
sorry if I seem a bit snappy the full story is I got the form to renew sent to me coz the hgv was to run out on the Nov 12 so I sent it off with a message that I was retiring on the Nov 12 so leave it on, when the new one arrived it's missing hgv so I phoned up to complain and got nowhere so means I'm retired now, what I should have done was renewed it after hgv ran out but you only find these things out through trial and error, I left my firm today and the manager said that he's had to stand one of the other drivers down till his one turns up coz they've taken over 5wks and he still hasn't got he's yet and not even on the licence check system, It does happen
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

StevenRRod wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:08 pm

sorry if I seem a bit snappy the full story is I got the form to renew sent to me coz the hgv was to run out on the Nov 12 so I sent it off with a message that I was retiring on the Nov 12 so leave it on, when the new one arrived it's missing hgv so I phoned up to complain and got nowhere so means I'm retired now, what I should have done was renewed it after hgv ran out but you only find these things out through trial and error, I left my firm today and the manager said that he's had to stand one of the other drivers down till his one turns up coz they've taken over 5wks and he still hasn't got he's yet and not even on the licence check system, It does happen
then I’m sorry but it’s your fault.
If you sent the application form in before expiry without the D4 form - the Licence would renew from the date they process it, not the date it would expire.
Basically regardless of your letter (which would not change a single thing) by signing the application and sending it to them you asked them to renew your licence without the HGV. You brought this on yourself.
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

StevenRRod wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:08 pm

Had you sent the application just a day or two before expiry this would not have happened and providing you had evidence they had received a correctly completed application you could have carried on Driving a B or C1 under section 88 until the new licence arrived.
As for the other driver you refer to, maybe the manager or the driver needs to have a look at Section 88. If a correctly completed application has been received at DVLA and he has not been told he cannot drive by a doctor then he can continue to drive under section 88.
saund-megs

Post by saund-megs »

Always photocopy mine when up for renewal brother in law had to re take his bike test when his renewal came back minus the bike category.
Eddico1003

Post by Eddico1003 »

check your licence on line to see if the HGV entitlement is showing on there?
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

Eddico1003 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:10 pm check your licence on line to see if the HGV entitlement is showing on there?
it won’t be there because he didn’t renew it. This was all caused by sending off the application form weeks before expiry but without the medical form.
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

Eddico1003 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:10 pm check your licence on line to see if the HGV entitlement is showing on there?
DVLA renew from the date of processing not the date of expiry, so his car licence got renewed but not the HGV.
pab.medxcgra

Post by pab.medxcgra »

Check to see if you have C1 or not, without it you cannot do 7.5t either.
KEITHMO

Post by KEITHMO »

pab.medxcgra wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:11 pm Check to see if you have C1 or not, without it you cannot do 7.5t either.
i know i cant they taken that off aswell, got you by the bollox whichever way you go. They don't care its not their livelyhood on the line
kevonGreel

Post by kevonGreel »

KEITHMO wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:12 pm
pab.medxcgra wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:11 pm Check to see if you have C1 or not, without it you cannot do 7.5t either.
i know i cant they taken that off aswell, got you by the bollox whichever way you go. They don't care its not their livelyhood on the line
they would only take the C1 if there was a health issue and you didn’t need the minimum medical requirement for that category.

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”