Hello guys, I’ve started my Courier business just 3 months ago and I am looking for some regular work. I do have

Ads by haulage companies and owner-operators offering their transport services
urmans_vend

Hello guys, I’ve started my Courier business just 3 months ago and I am looking for some regular work. I do have

Post by urmans_vend »

Hello guys, I’ve started my Courier business just 3 months ago and I am looking for some regular work. I do have a fleet of 4 xlwb and I'm based in Birmingham. Any suggestions for me as I guess you all have more experience. Thanks in advance
urmans_vend

Re: Hello guys, I’ve started my Courier business just 3 months ago and I am looking for some regular work. I do have

Post by urmans_vend »

UP7toneed wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:14 pm Unbelievable!
don’t think you too smart mate,
urmans_vend

Re: Hello guys, I’ve started my Courier business just 3 months ago and I am looking for some regular work. I do have

Post by urmans_vend »

you don’t even know the full scenario.
UP7toneed

Post by UP7toneed »

urmans_vend wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:14 pm
your post told me everything I needed to know.
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

UP7toneed wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:15 pm
urmans_vend wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:14 pm
your post told me everything I needed to know.
👍
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

MatoSato wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:15 pm What's your charge per mile?
I sent you a message
MatoSato

Post by MatoSato »

urmans_vend wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:16 pm
MatoSato wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:15 pm What's your charge per mile?
I sent you a message
ok mate
HASLAMEN

Post by HASLAMEN »

Hello 👋
Firstly, Congrats on starting your business!
HASLAMEN

Post by HASLAMEN »

Fleet of 4 vehicles, are they your own, which you are fully responsible for, as well as the drivers and wages etc too?
HASLAMEN

Post by HASLAMEN »

Are you saying you started a business and have no income revenue / work ( in this industry) as to support the needs of the business in order to survive in current climate?
😳
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

HASLAMEN wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:17 pm Fleet of 4 vehicles, are they your own, which you are fully responsible for, as well as the drivers and wages etc too?
mate my full time business is Film production,
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

HASLAMEN wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:17 pm Are you saying you started a business and have no income revenue / work ( in this industry) as to support the needs of the business in order to survive in current climate?
😳
this is the side business started few months ago because.
GhavHUBB

Post by GhavHUBB »

Yes of course, sell or give back 3 vehicles and target every local business and stay local..
GhavHUBB

Post by GhavHUBB »

Drive and run everything yourself for 6 months and then see where you are..
GhavHUBB

Post by GhavHUBB »

The only outgoings at this stage is your vehicle and your good self..
GhavHUBB

Post by GhavHUBB »

Employ nobody in this time..
Good luck as the above would have all started this way..
siss+onall

Post by siss+onall »

So you start a business, got vans and probably some drivers but don’t have customers… Should’ve saved those money.
siss+onall

Post by siss+onall »

Try to rent vans out, at least you limit the loss.
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

siss+onall wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:21 pm So you start a business, got vans and probably some drivers but don’t have customers… Should’ve saved those money.
I'm not in loss mate,
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

siss+onall wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:21 pm Try to rent vans out, at least you limit the loss.
my full time business is film production 😂 I m not in loss mate I just thought of posting on here for advices
DyERENCK

Post by DyERENCK »

urmans_vend wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:22 pm
siss+onall wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:21 pm Try to rent vans out, at least you limit the loss.
my full time business is film production 😂 I m not in loss mate I just thought of posting on here for advices
so your still in a loss in your courier business
greeVettand

Post by greeVettand »

Hi, drop me a message with all of your details.
greeVettand

Post by greeVettand »

Contact number
Age of vans
Type of work that you currently do
Type of work that you want to do
What area you want to cove/not cover
greeVettand

Post by greeVettand »

I will have a loot early next week and see what we can do for you
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

greeVettand wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:24 pm I will have a loot early next week and see what we can do for you
hello I’ve sent you
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

can you help please? I have 11 vans from lwb to curtain side with tail lifts. I would like to get work in the film production business. Can you help please? How much should I charge?
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

If its day rate, how much per hour can I get from the film business? As me and my drivers are all drop dead great, will they also want us as film extras?
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

Also any contact names and phone numbers would be helpful. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.
CHarleeyCo

Post by CHarleeyCo »

AlanKeSmith wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:26 pm Also any contact names and phone numbers would be helpful. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.
spot on and a lot of the muppets on here don’t get it. They could potentially Nick their work.
kee+hropa

Post by kee+hropa »

AlanKeSmith wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:25 pm can you help please? I have 11 vans from lwb to curtain side with tail lifts. I would like to get work in the film production business. Can you help please? How much should I charge?
if you get any joy give us a shout 😂
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

kee+hropa wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:27 pm
AlanKeSmith wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:25 pm can you help please? I have 11 vans from lwb to curtain side with tail lifts. I would like to get work in the film production business. Can you help please? How much should I charge?
I'm afraid he's not been very helpful about getting me into the film business mate,
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

don't know why?????
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

AlanKeSmith wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:28 pm
don't know why?????
joker😂
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

don't know why?????
can hire you as a cleaner if you still available
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

urmans_vend wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:28 pm

don't know why?????
joker😂
It's hardly a hand up into the film world is it?
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

urmans_vend wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:29 pm

don't know why?????
My own drivers think I'm their personal van washer and valet anyway.
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

urmans_vend wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:29 pm

don't know why?????
Yeah I am, but you started it 🤣
kee+hropa

Post by kee+hropa »

Truthfully me and my son wanted to become a millionaire from transport and I was shocked how quick we became millionaires now are goal has been achieved were selling up if you what the contacts pm me 👍
kee+hropa

Post by kee+hropa »

PS. I forgot to mention that we both started off as multi millionaires 😂
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

kee+hropa wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:30 pm PS. I forgot to mention that we both started off as multi millionaires 😂
you’re so funny, Can’t stop laughing
Dougy.Stein

Post by Dougy.Stein »

Most of these people are doing pretty well in the business and they’ll tell you nothing but only how bad it is and give up.
Dougy.Stein

Post by Dougy.Stein »

I remember long time ago the Courier Exchange drivers don’t want it to share even the name of the app and when I found it they immediately start to talk about how bad it is. Don’t listen to them. They got vans as well and they working. They relay on this job. But they will never share the success with anyone but only the complaints!!!
Orl5mand

Post by Orl5mand »

Dougy.Stein wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:31 pm Most of these people are doing pretty well in the business and they’ll tell you nothing but only how bad it is and give up.
and why would anyone who has built their business up over the last 10/15/20/30 years give any advice to a potential rival who has just rocked up, bought 4 vans and doesn't have a clue how to run a transport company ??
Orl5mand

Post by Orl5mand »

Dougy.Stein wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:32 pm I remember long time ago the Courier Exchange drivers don’t want it to share even the name of the app and when I found it they immediately start to talk about how bad it is. Don’t listen to them. They got vans as well and they working. They relay on this job. But they will never share the success with anyone but only the complaints!!!
This industry is hard enough to secure new customers, without people just thinking all you need is a van and a driving licence and away you go.
Orl5mand

Post by Orl5mand »

Dougy.Stein wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:31 pm Most of these people are doing pretty well in the business and they’ll tell you nothing but only how bad it is and give up.
What reply do you think you’d get if you asked Gordon Ramsey how to be a successful chef, just after buying a set of knives and starting your own restaurant… I know what he’d say and it would be F**k off
Dougy.Stein

Post by Dougy.Stein »

Orl5mand wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:32 pm
and why would anyone who has built their business up over the last 10/15/20/30 years give any advice to a potential rival who has just rocked up, bought 4 vans and doesn't have a clue how to run a transport company ??
You just confirmed my words, mate.
Dougy.Stein

Post by Dougy.Stein »

Orl5mand wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:33 pm
What reply do you think you’d get if you asked Gordon Ramsey how to be a successful chef, just after buying a set of knives and starting your own restaurant… I know what he’d say and it would be F**k off
And about Gordon Ramsey he is not only help people how to improve and make their business but build these businesses from nothing and finance them. But that’s a different story!!!
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

you need to wise up son.
You are correct that a number of us on here are running successful businesses built over many years. And yes we have a number of vans. Did you also know that a large number of us, through our success, have provided supplies, foc, to the Ukraine?
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

Dougy.Stein wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:32 pm I remember long time ago the Courier Exchange drivers don’t want it to share even the name of the app and when I found it they immediately start to talk about how bad it is. Don’t listen to them. They got vans as well and they working. They relay on this job. But they will never share the success with anyone but only the complaints!!!
And we've only been able to do this because we are dedicated professionals who do this for a living. Read what Orl5mand said and think on it.
Why the hell would we give advice and support to people who are going to use OUR business opportunities just to fill their gaps in fiming/construction/ harvesting etc etc and then run off when their main businesses pick up?
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

Have you noticed how the OP has not offered me a single piece of advice on how to break into the film business? He probably read what I wrote and thought " f**k that!" So, what's upsetting you about our responses?
Dougy.Stein

Post by Dougy.Stein »

AlanKeSmith wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:36 pm
Have you noticed how the OP has not offered me a single piece of advice on how to break into the film business? He probably read what I wrote and thought " f**k that!" So, what's upsetting you about our responses?
That you are all liars 👺👈
AlanKeSmith

Post by AlanKeSmith »

Dougy.Stein wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:36 pm
AlanKeSmith wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:36 pm
That you are all liars 👺👈
Rich liars mate, you forgot the rich
BrowNeenh

Post by BrowNeenh »

Same sh*t new day, let’s see who asks this question tomorrow. Been happening all week again. Guessing film work ain’t that busy as well.
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

BrowNeenh wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:38 pm Same sh*t new day, let’s see who asks this question tomorrow. Been happening all week again. Guessing film work ain’t that busy as well.
people don’t start new businesses because the old ones are not going well 😂 thank god I understood about multiple income at 22
BrowNeenh

Post by BrowNeenh »

urmans_vend wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:38 pm
BrowNeenh wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:38 pm Same sh*t new day, let’s see who asks this question tomorrow. Been happening all week again. Guessing film work ain’t that busy as well.
people don’t start new businesses because the old ones are not going well 😂 thank god I understood about multiple income at 22
I have more than one business, but you do research in to it before just starting one. And hoping the answers follow. Your bout the 3/4 person this week to ask the same sort of sh*t. You have to build it up, not run head first in. Transport has had huge hit this year. Huge Firms going bust because work has changed. I know firms down sizing. I’ve down sized, because the way people have charged moving stuff. It’s hard to get your own customers. Even harder to keep, because it’s so cut throat. I’m lucky my customers want service over costs. I’m also lucky I’ve other businesses. Everything is so so up and down. I’ve had 3 firms go bust on me in 8 month of this year. Just over £20 k lost. Few name that have put comments have be in this game years and years build business. Built a name.
BrowNeenh

Post by BrowNeenh »

Started small and built it up, and van at a time. Must probably didn’t ask how, done research in to the market. Got a odd customer first. My grandad had trucks and so has my dad as do I. I’ve been in transport since I was 20, now 47 this month. You learn how it works, and still learning. I’ve learnt only place your money is safe is in property. That why I have a property business. People don’t like new people, risk to there work, risk to customers getting a poor service as well. Because they think cheap is better. It ain’t. Service is top of the list
The job has been flood driver hundreds of people like you since Covid. Thinking they will be rich next year. Rates better in the 90’s than now, and costs were less too.
BrowNeenh

Post by BrowNeenh »

Crack on but your only 3 months in and asking for work. That’s struggling.
Enjoy, and let’s you who asks this all again tomorrow.
I was told by a man in transport how to make million, answer is you start with 2 million
Dougy.Stein

Post by Dougy.Stein »

BrowNeenh wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:41 pm
I was told by a man in transport how to make million, answer is you start with 2 million
Get lost bro. You are already behind the curtains
BrowNeenh

Post by BrowNeenh »

Dougy.Stein wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:41 pm
BrowNeenh wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:41 pm

Get lost bro. You are already behind the curtains
what??
ObeiMputhc

Post by ObeiMputhc »

Evening, if you are thinking about international work OG forwarding can create Import/Export Declarations, GMRS and T1s for goods travelling between the Uk and Europe, give a call on 07860455007 or email at [email protected] for more info!
mcTruckers

Post by mcTruckers »

Why do people want to pick your brains for pointers and idea's?
They should stick to what they know and or are doing, what gives them the right to take the food off someone's table that only does this work as they're only income?
mcTruckers

Post by mcTruckers »

I can see the headlines now, driver of a haulage van crashes into car with a family of 4 in and there's only one survived the accident, the driver of the van. He was found to have been working for 12 hours on a film set before driving his van for 300 miles, it is thought that the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel.
It should be law that any person with a full-time driving job shouldn't be employed anywhere else.
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

mcTruckers wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:45 pm I can see the headlines now, driver of a haulage van crashes into car with a family of 4 in and there's only one survived the accident, the driver of the van. He was found to have been working for 12 hours on a film set before driving his van for 300 miles, it is thought that the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel.
It should be law that any person with a full-time driving job shouldn't be employed anywhere else.
you’re a joker mate
mcTruckers

Post by mcTruckers »

urmans_vend wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:45 pm
mcTruckers wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:45 pm I can see the headlines now, driver of a haulage van crashes into car with a family of 4 in and there's only one survived the accident, the driver of the van. He was found to have been working for 12 hours on a film set before driving his van for 300 miles, it is thought that the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel.
you’re a joker mate
no I'm not, I'm a realist, a friend of mine did exactly the same as you, worked as a builder week day's and used his car as a taxi at the weekend. One day he got a phone call from the taxi office where he worked, it was his turn to do an airport run so he accepted the job. He picked up a family of 3 to take them from Hull to Heathrow Airport, pick-up was 19.30h. He worked on the building site until 17.00h went home, showered, had his evening meal and then set off to pick the family up.
mcTruckers

Post by mcTruckers »

you’re a joker mate
On the M25 just before the junction for the airport he drifted and ran into a broken down lorry on the hard shoulder, the father in the passenger seat died on his way to hospital, the mother spent several weeks in the hospital and the child spent a week in hospital, the driver was released from hospital the following day. He has never driven a taxi since and the mother is bringing her child up fatherless.
So please don't call me a joker, it's no laughing matter.
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

mcTruckers wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:46 pm
you’re a joker mate
On the M25 just before the junction for the airport he drifted and ran into a broken down lorry on the hard shoulder, the father in the passenger seat died on his way to hospital, the mother spent several weeks in the hospital and the child spent a week in hospital, the driver was released from hospital the following day. He has never driven a taxi since and the mother is bringing her child up fatherless.
your vision is too small to understand mate, I hire people 😂 I don’t do double shifts 😂
mcTruckers

Post by mcTruckers »

urmans_vend wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:46 pm

you’re a joker mate
your vision is too small to understand mate, I hire people 😂 I don’t do double shifts 😂
that isn't how your post reads, your looking for work.
Seriously I hope that the full-timers on here see you for what you are and don't give you any advice whatsoever.
urmans_vend

Post by urmans_vend »

mcTruckers wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:48 pm
urmans_vend wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:46 pm

that isn't how your post reads, your looking for work.
Seriously I hope that the full-timers on here see you for what you are and don't give you any advice whatsoever.
👌
kee+hropa

Post by kee+hropa »

IF YOU HAVE JUST STARTED AND LOOKING FOR WORK. START AT YOUR NEAREST BUSINESS AND WORK OUT.
Learn how to charge customers also. NOT I CAN DO IT FOR THIS then you think I've got to pay my driver, fuel, insurance, wear and tear and tax.
To find out your paying out more than you earned....end of.
honeyfer

Post by honeyfer »

Till now, 6-8 months are done now, hope so there will be some regular courier work for you, if not, I would suggest keeping your business limited to your city and you can begin by sharing your business on social media platforms especially the groups in your city. Because I have seen nationalcouriersdirect.co.uk while growing from one city to several cities in UK. Initially, you'll be needed to think small and work in your main city. It will help you gain some good business. So, once you are successful there, then you can proceed further to the nearest cities.

Return to “Haulage companies and owner-drivers available and looking for work | Freight transport services offered”