The minimum living wage is going up to £11.44 Does that mean we are all be working closer to the minimum living wage

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
kevmaze

Re: The minimum living wage is going up to £11.44 Does that mean we are all be working closer to the minimum living wage

Post by kevmaze »

It means some companies will have to up the wage to 11.44
roffShroff

Re: The minimum living wage is going up to £11.44 Does that mean we are all be working closer to the minimum living wage

Post by roffShroff »

All you ever see if drivers whinging about pay constantly……
How your manager ever puts up with you constantly mentioning to him about your wages il never know and I’m surprised they ever get anything done.
No ones got a gun to your head to work where you work!
miresec

Post by miresec »

roffShroff wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:40 pm All you ever see if drivers whinging about pay constantly……
How your manager ever puts up with you constantly mentioning to him about your wages il never know and I’m surprised they ever get anything done.
spot on there 👍
Dacamd5

Post by Dacamd5 »

roffShroff wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:40 pm All you ever see if drivers whinging about pay constantly……
I got fed up working 50+ hours and only getting salary on 40 hrs , now I work self employed for the same company doing 3-4 days a week 10,12 hours self employed on a lot more than some class 1 jobs and I’m In class 2 . To many companies want to keep the CEO’s & shareholders happy at the expense of drivers wages
Lena8rvic

Post by Lena8rvic »

If there were no whining, nothing would ever change. Sh*t pays gotta go one way or another. There is one life only , and if somebody invested half life in a career because it was good back then, going forward everyone should just put up with the constant robbery thats going on cos nobody put gun to your head? Nah.
Simorrin

Post by Simorrin »

Not a bad pay rise for the class 1 drivers 😯🤣🤣
Luezap

Post by Luezap »

Nope! Transport is a throw away industry, right now we can be replaced by the 3rd world and before you know it AI so unfortunately the case is get what your given or find a new trade!
poollBROS

Post by poollBROS »

Luezap wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:44 pm Nope! Transport is a throw away industry, right now we can be replaced by the 3rd world and before you know it AI so unfortunately the case is get what your given or find a new trade!
had a driver come in our yard today couldn't read a 6 ft sign saying Artics straight ahead and the only word in English he could say was Splendid!!!
English company ,with a foreign driver nobody could work out what country he originated from as we have a few workers from overseas ourselves
Dee-Deanno

Post by Dee-Deanno »

Just got £50 a week whacked off my wages starting next month due to "industry being in an unhealthy situation at present" 😒 Are there any decent companies in essex? Might have to start looking at this rate lol
McKinn9th

Post by McKinn9th »

Dee-Deanno wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:47 pm Just got £50 a week whacked off my wages starting next month due to "industry being in an unhealthy situation at present" 😒 Are there any decent companies in essex? Might have to start looking at this rate lol
Look for another job m8
McKinn9th

Post by McKinn9th »

Dee-Deanno wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:47 pm Just got £50 a week whacked off my wages starting next month due to "industry being in an unhealthy situation at present" 😒 Are there any decent companies in essex? Might have to start looking at this rate lol
You all need to stand together and demand union status then you'll have half a chance unless you stand up for yourselves the company will trample all over you simples
Jeffy-Confident

Post by Jeffy-Confident »

My boy is working at sainsburys at 17 years old and gets £11.10
An hour we getting mugged off 😂
vigoric

Post by vigoric »

I don't know, I am nowhere near £11.40 p/h
GGrattonx

Post by GGrattonx »

Those on day rates will be hitting under minimum wage even earlier into their shifts now
1316_ionplex

Post by 1316_ionplex »

If you work close to £11.44 you should look for another part of the country to work or find something else. I am a little bit over this amount X2
Chasysto

Post by Chasysto »

And just think for some drivers this is a pay rise
Ell0sswo

Post by Ell0sswo »

Chasysto wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:58 pm And just think for some drivers this is a pay rise
Ohh mate
Ell0sswo

Post by Ell0sswo »

Chasysto wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:58 pm And just think for some drivers this is a pay rise
turners 😂
Jamboc

Post by Jamboc »

Ell0sswo wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:00 pm
turners 😂
and all their other companies they own 🫣 £11.25/HR here so we're gonna finally get a pay rise 🤣
Fitinerco

Post by Fitinerco »

Better pass this onto management at
Infinity Container Logistics Ltd them poor fuckers are on £9.66 an hour if they do a 15hr day and only £11.15 on a 13hr day....
cramarcom

Post by cramarcom »

And here is me thinking of having a few months off as I'm on 44k at tax week 33 😭 dam Scottish tax brackets 😎
HarrHaji

Post by HarrHaji »

cramarcom wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:02 pm And here is me thinking of having a few months off as I'm on 44k at tax week 33 😭 dam Scottish tax brackets 😎
😴😴😴
cramarcom

Post by cramarcom »

HarrHaji wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:03 pm
cramarcom wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:02 pm And here is me thinking of having a few months off as I'm on 44k at tax week 33 😭 dam Scottish tax brackets 😎
😴😴😴
exactly what I will be doing. No point in paying 40% tax 🤠
brancom

Post by brancom »

Watch even more small haulage firms go under when this happens
CHtapixion

Post by CHtapixion »

Seen an advert for class 1 working out of Iceland in Warrington today claiming to be paying 10.50 per hour 🤦‍♂️😧
TreMoto

Post by TreMoto »

Means you can do any job you fancy, work the same hours and get the same money. Might even be in your own bed every night and say goodbye to crap gridlocked roads a mass of legislation and ignorant cretins in goods in. Still won't vote for the selfservative tossers.
tobiiLentix

Post by tobiiLentix »

Blame the government for giving free class 1 lessons away out of your tax money 😂 also the desperate driver’s willing to work for this low wage
Maxi.Mckay

Post by Maxi.Mckay »

Just means if you can’t be ars.ed you get a pay rise of government
GardOmmark

Post by GardOmmark »

Laughing in 1k/week.
iT's AlL tHeSe FoReIgNeRs WoRkInG fOr PeAnUtS...
brosMARC

Post by brosMARC »

Has an ex driver you really shouldn’t moan about your earnings, over the last 3/4 years you’ve had the opportunity to make a stand and get the money and standard of Living you all deserve , but no you wouldn’t stand together you all wanted to be heroes and now you are villains again poorly paid villains at that !
Most drivers care more about polishing your V8 badge than making it a better job
Christ8Man

Post by Christ8Man »

Means some drivers are getting a wage rise 😂
geozaib

Post by geozaib »

Half off the lot on ere ain’t worth minimum wage anyway
bedxonyse

Post by bedxonyse »

geozaib wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:13 pm Half off the lot on ere ain’t worth minimum wage anyway
was just going to say the same thing.
LeecityXp

Post by LeecityXp »

Good money for the i drive your truck with shiney wheels light bars and even V8,
dunhampt_108

Post by dunhampt_108 »

Goldstar transport Containers
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (58.31 KiB) Viewed 520 times
kovs.1254

Post by kovs.1254 »

Except pensioners, they're getting further away from a living wage.
BluBloomax

Post by BluBloomax »

At least if you lose your licence 🪪 you can always stack shelves and the wages won’t be far off
Jamboc

Post by Jamboc »

Nope, when it goes up our wages will have to 🤣
ianetro.xmc

Post by ianetro.xmc »

That's why i wont drive lorries anymore. The gap between a hgv wage and minimum wage gets less every year. Its no longer a career now but just another low paid job. Risking your life and getting stressed driving a 40ton truck for just over minimum wage, No thanks..
dincari

Post by dincari »

ianetro.xmc wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:19 pm That's why i wont drive lorries anymore. The gap between a hgv wage and minimum wage gets less every year. Its no longer a career now but just another low paid job. Risking your life and getting stressed driving a 40ton truck for just over minimum wage, No thanks..
i'm on 57k a year tramping how is this a low paid job?
PacPaullce

Post by PacPaullce »

dincari wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:20 pm
ianetro.xmc wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:19 pm That's why i wont drive lorries anymore. The gap between a hgv wage and minimum wage gets less every year. Its no longer a career now but just another low paid job. Risking your life and getting stressed driving a 40ton truck for just over minimum wage, No thanks..
and how is your work and home balance life working out ?
dincari

Post by dincari »

PacPaullce wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:20 pm
hgv driving was never a job made for work/life balance, I'm 25, no kids, I'm doing it till I'll have kids then out, it's a job for people without family or retired guys that are bored at home. It's not a job for a family man. Also in the uk you have the luxury to stay 5 days out and weekends home, try that in europe, you're away for minimum 7 days. Why do you think pilots have the salaries they have? You think they're everyday home?
PacPaullce

Post by PacPaullce »

PacPaullce wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:20 pm

hgv driving was never a job made for work/life balance, I'm 25, no kids, I'm doing it till I'll have kids then out, it's a job for people without family or retired guys that are bored at home. It's not a job for a family man. Also in the uk you have the luxury to stay 5 days out and weekends home, try that in europe, you're away for minimum 7 days. Why do you think pilots have the salaries they have? You think they're everyday home?
I do 4 on 4 off
My last 4 on 4 off paid me 42 grand a year and home every day
Yes I agree tramping is more suited to a single person cause I used to go away 3 weeks at a time to North Africa
roffShroff

Post by roffShroff »

What’s the general consensus that a class1 driver should be paid?
bedxonyse

Post by bedxonyse »

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this an old problem, drivers have always wanted a grand a week to sit on their arse all day and polish their wheels. I drove for 27 years and never really understood why drivers expect so much…. It’s not exactly a difficult job anymore.
kelvinne

Post by kelvinne »

bedxonyse wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:22 pm Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this an old problem, drivers have always wanted a grand a week to sit on their arse all day and polish their wheels. I drove for 27 years and never really understood why drivers expect so much…. It’s not exactly a difficult job anymore.
they won’t like that up ‘em! 😂
bedxonyse

Post by bedxonyse »

kelvinne wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:22 pm
bedxonyse wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:22 pm Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this an old problem, drivers have always wanted a grand a week to sit on their arse all day and polish their wheels. I drove for 27 years and never really understood why drivers expect so much…. It’s not exactly a difficult job anymore.
wellllllll I’m right tho aren’t I 🤣🤣 won’t drive a lorry if it’s manual, won’t drive a lorry if it hasn’t got a sat nav or the heater is broken or any other reason that would’ve had you taken behind the workshop and “talked to” when I started out
kelvinne

Post by kelvinne »

bedxonyse wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:22 pm
kelvinne wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:22 pm
wellllllll I’m right tho aren’t I 🤣🤣 won’t drive a lorry if it’s manual, won’t drive a lorry if it hasn’t got a sat nav or the heater is broken or any other reason that would’ve had you taken behind the workshop and “talked to” when I started out
I agree, many on here do not agree with the sitting down looking out of a window thing though! 😂😂
geozaib

Post by geozaib »

it is probably one off the easiest jobs out there now all those saying they mqke more stacking shelves that’s because it’s a harder job 😂 get in a lorry press a peddle go have a sleep press a pedal again then finished 🤦‍♂️😂
Mikeso80

Post by Mikeso80 »

I get £15.50 a hour local scrap yard 2/3 says driving or down shed sorting metals in Gloucestershire
la_graham

Post by la_graham »

Guy at work is on £12 an hour class2, his daughter age 16 has just started at sainsbury she's on £11 an hour. Becoming a socialist state now GB.
dalParis

Post by dalParis »

No it means 100,000s will now be in a higher bracket to pay MORE tax....😎. If ppl only wised up.😀
SPONGEREL

Post by SPONGEREL »

All you employed drivers are just filling the bosses and shareholders pockets at the expense of crap wages . If some of you took the jump to self employment and made some effort to look for work. We would end up with more self employed over employed drivers and you’d be filling your pockets
Falkro

Post by Falkro »

Class. I’ll be getting a pay rise. Wonder what I’ll do with all the extra money on my 90hrs a week
cliniha65

Post by cliniha65 »

Their will be a get out clause somewhere
HARVECT

Post by HARVECT »

Scania V8 with lots of lights 650 in the bank clear for working 70hrs and 4 N/O (then spend Saturday cleaning it) I think that's the going rate, so this wage will be mind-blowing..

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”