Hello all I just wanted to ask for any agencies that you recommend in the Manchester area, I have full adr, full cpc

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
gloc_natee

Hello all I just wanted to ask for any agencies that you recommend in the Manchester area, I have full adr, full cpc

Post by gloc_natee »

Hello all, I just wanted to ask for any agencies that you recommend in the Manchester area, I have full adr, full cpc class one and two, all paid for by myself, driving since 2015 no time off sick for 20 years.

Unfortunately I have to plan as I’ve been suspended from work for taking short and having a pee in the arch of my wagon wheel, I was on a long night shift and the usual place I stop wasn’t available so my mistake and someone reported me.

Waiting on disciplinary letter for bringing the company into disrepute.
FARDERY

Re: Hello all I just wanted to ask for any agencies that you recommend in the Manchester area, I have full adr, full cpc

Post by FARDERY »

Do they have any proof and have they followed disciplinary procedures to the letter
gloc_natee

Re: Hello all I just wanted to ask for any agencies that you recommend in the Manchester area, I have full adr, full cpc

Post by gloc_natee »

FARDERY wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:04 pm Do they have any proof and have they followed disciplinary procedures to the letter
unfortunately it was caught on cctv so hands up there but I was busting, the wagons red hot so I’m drinking loads even at night it blows hot air. They called me on Friday and sent me home 20 minutes later and said they will give me 48 hours notice for my next meeting
FARDERY

Post by FARDERY »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:04 pm
FARDERY wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:04 pm Do they have any proof and have they followed disciplinary procedures to the letter
unfortunately it was caught on cctv so hands up there but I was busting, the wagons red hot so I’m drinking loads even at night it blows hot air. They called me on Friday and sent me home 20 minutes later and said they will give me 48 hours notice for my next meeting
so have you been reporting the heating fault? Was there anywhere else you could have gone, did they invite a witness in with your suspension, was the minutes of the meeting recorded, did they suspend you on full pay
FARDERY

Post by FARDERY »

Have you been notified in writing
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

FARDERY wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:05 pm
I’m on full pay (kind of) I loose the night rate. There was someone taking minutes, I do multi stop so it’s not easy finding a place all the time, sometimes customers don’t want you in especially at night. The truck I’ve told them loads of times, the other lads are aware of it, it hit 40c at the height of summer, I don’t expect air con just stop it blowing heat.
I thought I might have heard something by now but nothing so I’ve started to look at my options
FARDERY

Post by FARDERY »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:05 pm

I’m on full pay (kind of) I loose the night rate. There was someone taking minutes, I do multi stop so it’s not easy finding a place all the time, sometimes customers don’t want you in especially at night. The truck I’ve told them loads of times, the other lads are aware of it, it hit 40c at the height of summer, I don’t expect air con just stop it blowing heat.
I thought I might have heard something by now but nothing so I’ve started to look at my options
have you made a written record of the heat problem? Did they say they'd write to you informing suspension? You should also get night bonus during suspension, they can't stop that
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

FARDERY wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:06 pm

have you made a written record of the heat problem? Did they say they'd write to you informing suspension? You should also get night bonus during suspension, they can't stop that
I know it’s definitely only flat rate so loosing around £60 a night including overtime, they said I’m suspended on Friday verbally and they would write giving 48 hours notice but nothing so far (only Tuesday I guess) the heat problem is well known, one lad refuses to use it, again just trying to crack on with the job and not moan, I have mentioned it in comments on the hand over we fill in, in the past. Nothing under defects though.
FARDERY

Post by FARDERY »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:06 pm

I know it’s definitely only flat rate so loosing around £60 a night including overtime, they said I’m suspended on Friday verbally and they would write giving 48 hours notice but nothing so far (only Tuesday I guess) the heat problem is well known, one lad refuses to use it, again just trying to crack on with the job and not moan, I have mentioned it in comments on the hand over we fill in, in the past. Nothing under defects though.
you should get your night bonuses as well that's in the rules ....and you can use that as victimisation, also see if the others will give you a statement for heating issue use the fact that the company is not providing adequate facilities not liaising with delivery places to allow you to use their facilities ....state your excellent record and take a witness in with you ask for a copy of disciplinary procedures before your meeting check they've followed it to the tee because I would walk in there at start of meeting and state that because they have failed to inform you correctly of you pay rights that the suspension 8s void therefore the disciplinary proceedings have not been followed correctly therefore you'd ask them to consider voiding any further proceedings ....tell them you'll go outside and let them discuss it
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

FARDERY wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:07 pm

you should get your night bonuses as well that's in the rules ....and you can use that as victimisation, also see if the others will give you a statement for heating issue use the fact that the company is not providing adequate facilities not liaising with delivery places to allow you to use their facilities ....state your excellent record and take a witness in with you ask for a copy of disciplinary procedures before your meeting check they've followed it to the tee because I would walk in there at start of meeting and state that because they have failed to inform you correctly of you pay rights that the suspension 8s void therefore the disciplinary proceedings have not been followed correctly therefore you'd ask them to consider voiding any further proceedings ....tell them you'll go outside and let them discuss it
lots of good info here I’m taking notes thanks, not sure what the suspension 8’s void is but I’ll do a search
FARDERY

Post by FARDERY »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:10 pm

lots of good info here I’m taking notes thanks, not sure what the suspension 8’s void is but I’ll do a search
they've not suspended you correctly because you should receive full pay so they haven't followed their own disciplinary process and that is clear victimization ...so disciplinary meeting cannot go ahead fairly and when you attend you ask them right at the beginning to cancel the meeting and rescind any proposed disciplinary action make sure that the note taker has recorded that ....that should be it ..back to work and all missed night pay given back ...I'd then complain about the truck and vor it
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

FARDERY wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:11 pm

they've not suspended you correctly because you should receive full pay so they haven't followed their own disciplinary process and that is clear victimization ...so disciplinary meeting cannot go ahead fairly and when you attend you ask them right at the beginning to cancel the meeting and rescind any proposed disciplinary action make sure that the note taker has recorded that ....that should be it ..back to work and all missed night pay given back ...I'd then complain about the truck and vor it
points taken thanks I’ll get this all ready
chuyear45

Post by chuyear45 »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:11 pm

think the 8 was meant to be a letter “i” (is, instead of 8s) the letter “i” is the same key as the number 8 on a digital keyboard or just below it on a physical keyboard
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

chuyear45 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:12 pm

think the 8 was meant to be a letter “i” (is, instead of 8s) the letter “i” is the same key as the number 8 on a digital keyboard or just below it on a physical keyboard
right lol sorry I see that
Now cheers
Banicsco

Post by Banicsco »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:12 pm
chuyear45 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:12 pm

right lol sorry I see that
Now cheers
be careful, some of what you’ve been told is correct, some is not quite right.
Timckion772

Post by Timckion772 »

Really,,, a disciplinary for taking a pee?.😮. Point out you were being as discreet as possible due to the complete lack of public toilets on your route. Plus your not a factory or office worker who have toilets readily available on site at their regular place of work. Maybe you need to educate the people who are about to discipline you on the complete lack of basic facilities available to transport workers.
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

Timckion772 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:13 pm Really,,, a disciplinary for taking a pee?.😮. Point out you were being as discreet as possible due to the complete lack of public toilets on your route. Plus your not a factory or office worker who have toilets readily available on site at their regular place of work. Maybe you need to educate the people who are about to discipline you on the complete lack of basic facilities available to transport workers.
it does seem a bit harsh doesn’t it, I was well shocked I generally keep my head down and crack on, never had an issue
Timckion772

Post by Timckion772 »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:14 pm
Timckion772 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:13 pm Really,,, a disciplinary for taking a pee?.😮. Point out you were being as discreet as possible due to the complete lack of public toilets on your route. Plus your not a factory or office worker who have toilets readily available on site at their regular place of work. Maybe you need to educate the people who are about to discipline you on the complete lack of basic facilities available to transport workers.
it does seem a bit harsh doesn’t it, I was well shocked I generally keep my head down and crack on, never had an issue
it’s completely over the top. Fight your corner and please use my explanation. These people need to understand what we’re up against regarding our basic needs. If I’m honest I’ve been pleasantly surprised by fixed work based people who have no idea that we can’t find a toilet and the most basic access to food and drink facilities. Educate them and please don’t take this lying down.
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

Timckion772 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:14 pm
it’s completely over the top. Fight your corner and please use my explanation. These people need to understand what we’re up against regarding our basic needs. If I’m honest I’ve been pleasantly surprised by fixed work based people who have no idea that we can’t find a toilet and the most basic access to food and drink facilities. Educate them and please don’t take this lying down.
I won’t take it lying down I’ve made some notes and I appreciate your help here, I would be surprised if I got fired but recently they have dropped a lot of lads for very little reason or little in the way of trying to work with the driver
Timckion772

Post by Timckion772 »

I won’t take it lying down I’ve made some notes and I appreciate your help here, I would be surprised if I got fired but recently they have dropped a lot of lads for very little reason or little in the way of trying to work with the driver
Then you’ve nothing to lose. Go for it, it might help you or others in the future. I take inspiration from people who really take the fight to employers who see us as second class citizens. Why do employers bend over backwards to keep certain members of the workforce happy but completely overlook the needs of transport workers who actually need more attention due to the lack of certainty regarding their work schedule.
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

Timckion772 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:15 pm

Then you’ve nothing to lose. Go for it, it might help you or others in the future. I take inspiration from people who really take the fight to employers who see us as second class citizens. Why do employers bend over backwards to keep certain members of the workforce happy but completely overlook the needs of transport workers who actually need more attention due to the lack of certainty regarding their work schedule.
as you say nothing to lose and does seem harsh and it could amount to nothing but I need to have a plan B, worst thing is they are desperate for drivers
JamNum

Post by JamNum »

Depending on where you’re willing to travel, tradebe in Knowsley are looking for full time adr driver.
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

JamNum wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:20 pm Depending on where you’re willing to travel, tradebe in Knowsley are looking for full time adr driver.
worth taking a look, I’ve tried hoyer about 6 times but I don’t have prior adr experience
JamNum

Post by JamNum »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:21 pm
JamNum wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:20 pm Depending on where you’re willing to travel, tradebe in Knowsley are looking for full time adr driver.
worth taking a look, I’ve tried hoyer about 6 times but I don’t have prior adr experience
I work at tradebe myself. Without insulting you as that’s not the intention but some of the guys they’ve taken on here as drivers don’t even know what a steering wheel is so you’ll have no issues 🤣🤣 as long as you secure the load and change your plates as needed and fill the paperwork in they’re not worried and are really easy going. I do nights out occasionally, sometimes a full week. I can go out Monday morning and not hear from anyone till Friday 🤣
Glen1unde

Post by Glen1unde »

Tell them shove there job loads of work for decent drivers
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

Glen1unde wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:22 pm Tell them shove there job loads of work for decent drivers
I’m not someone to blow my own trumpet, I’m no super trucker and still learning but I’m a solid worker with a clean licence and no sick days so I was surprised when they called me in
Glen1unde

Post by Glen1unde »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:22 pm
Glen1unde wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:22 pm Tell them shove there job loads of work for decent drivers
I’m not someone to blow my own trumpet, I’m no super trucker and still learning but I’m a solid worker with a clean licence and no sick days so I was surprised when they called me in
then theres plenty graft for class you bud, in 30yrs iv never had go a job to job center to get a class1 job, phone call nd look at my licence is all iv ever needed
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

I’ve applied to BOC In Worsley but again they want experience in adr. I’ve heard blue arrow and best connections are not bad agency wise?
Gruffee_TW

Post by Gruffee_TW »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:23 pm I’ve applied to BOC In Worsley but again they want experience in adr. I’ve heard blue arrow and best connections are not bad agency wise?
Try XPO. Or if you want tanker work on ADR. Spec Tran in Todmorden will have you if they're looking.
ZOOMEDDO

Post by ZOOMEDDO »

People work as lorry drivers but have medical conditions ie need facilities not easy when driving wagon point is seems to me that wasn't taken into consideration, if they proceed with dismissal you could say see you in court. I actually had similar situation years ago, turned up on site deliver tarmac were two wagons in front so thought oh well may as well stick it on break so I did then had brew. Two hrs later still sat there I needed facility which were in corner so I walked over to find site had turnstile gate like football ground only way get in was thumb print recognition mine wasn't recognized so did side wagon. Manager saw me told my boss I was threatened with sack which illegal but asked my boss whether manager had mentioned the turnstile gates boss said no. See? One story alright until another one told ,people seem enjoy getting other people in trouble. Fret not ,you done nowt wrong.
timagel

Post by timagel »

Pertemps is ok, the manager Dave is a fair bloke. Staff at Bolton, the manager David is a decent bloke as well.
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

timagel wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:25 pm Pertemps is ok, the manager Dave is a fair bloke. Staff at Bolton, the manager David is a decent bloke as well.
thanks I’ll remember them
timagel

Post by timagel »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:25 pm
timagel wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:25 pm Pertemps is ok, the manager Dave is a fair bloke. Staff at Bolton, the manager David is a decent bloke as well.
thanks I’ll remember them
PM’d you
89Longdands

Post by 89Longdands »

Ridiculous, Temp Station in Ashton got TNT trunking out of Trafford park mainly, easy work decent money.
anithic_988

Post by anithic_988 »

Lineage at heywood are looking for 4 on 4 off, it's a doddle been there 5 weeks, moneys not top but not bad either. So far I've been looked after and you're not pushed. The only downside is split coupling and some days you can swap a lot of trailers
DiDiSpeedy

Post by DiDiSpeedy »

I worked for ABS Resourcing from their Bamber Bridge office near Preston. I know they had other offices in the NW but not sure. They had me working out of Bibbys at Wigan as well as Longridge so you can only try.
NoNateence

Post by NoNateence »

Bringing the company into disrepute for answering the call of nature? what utter bollocks! what comfortable, office based asshole thought that one up. The worst aspect is that it’s taken so seriously that the man’s suspended.
matthew

Post by matthew »

You might just get a written not dismissal, they should pay you your full wage inc night rate, that’s your salary, they have to pay full salary except overtime.
doug7jong

Post by doug7jong »

As a mobile worker you've got the same rights to canteen and bogs as staff that work at the company you're delivering to. It's covered under the HSE regulations Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 so I'd inform your employers in your meeting that you had been refused access. Good luck
goss.walker

Post by goss.walker »

If a company gave me a disciplinary for that I'd walk regardless of the result. Plenty of jobs out there. You don't need that sh*t. As a side note isn't there a general law about a lorry driver relieving himself at the side of his wagon or is it an old wives tale?
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

goss.walker wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:31 pm If a company gave me a disciplinary for that I'd walk regardless of the result. Plenty of jobs out there. You don't need that sh*t. As a side note isn't there a general law about a lorry driver relieving himself at the side of his wagon or is it an old wives tale?
I thought there was a law regarding that but I looked and apparently it is a myth unless anyone can find the legislation, I suppose it comes back to causing no harm too as if we hold it in that can cause damage to ourselves, waiting on a letter today to see if it’s classed as a disciplinary but I’m 99% sure it is, I’ll go from there and show my case. It does pay well so I’d rather not leave but that choice may have already been taken away from me.
Dello-pard

Post by Dello-pard »

Peeing on wheel arch is disgusting anyway. Me and my colleagues have to work in that area and the amount of time we can smell people waste water is daily. Bet you’d be mad if i came and pee’d on your steering wheel!
Think before you pee
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

Dello-pard wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:32 pm Peeing on wheel arch is disgusting anyway. Me and my colleagues have to work in that area and the amount of time we can smell people waste water is daily. Bet you’d be mad if i came and pee’d on your steering wheel!
Think before you pee
I agree and not normally done but it was due to no other option at the time as my usual place to stop had closed
DoDaniel

Post by DoDaniel »

Dello-pard wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:32 pm Peeing on wheel arch is disgusting anyway. Me and my colleagues have to work in that area and the amount of time we can smell people waste water is daily. Bet you’d be mad if i came and pee’d on your steering wheel!
Think before you pee
wake up Dello you can’t tell me you haven’t done it somewhere along the line
Dello-pard

Post by Dello-pard »

DoDaniel wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:33 pm
Think before you pee
wake up Dello you can’t tell me you haven’t done it somewhere along the line
nope never pee’d on my working area. Bush or trees or even a wall yes…but try working on a broken down truck and all you can smell is pee and if in a layby even worse. Its not nice. We’ve all been caught short yes.
DoDaniel

Post by DoDaniel »

Fairly certain there is a old law that allows a carter to pee on the wheel uknow try pointing that out to them!!
It’s okay for a guy in the office to get up and go to the toilet but not so easy when you’re on the road!!!
1385_shelly

Post by 1385_shelly »

It's not illegal to pee on the rear wheel of the vehicle.
Utter blocks that you're under investigation.
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

1385_shelly wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:34 pm It's not illegal to pee on the rear wheel of the vehicle.
I am under investigation I have been since last Friday, trust me I can’t afford to be losing money
1385_shelly

Post by 1385_shelly »

gloc_natee wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:34 pm
1385_shelly wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:34 pm It's not illegal to pee on the rear wheel of the vehicle.
I am under investigation I have been since last Friday, trust me I can’t afford to be losing money
that's absolutely discusting, so a male driver can pee in a layby up against a wheel but you can't?
Outrageous behaviour by your company.
tephen

Post by tephen »

If you get caught short and you have to answer a call of nature go you cannot always have access to a toilet in your job if your boss or company are being arseholes about it which obviously they are move on straight away dont give them chance to discipline someone answering a call of nature
tephen

Post by tephen »

Some of the no ive never done it crap im Reading here is unreal... some company's you work for work you to death... listen if you have to go.... go ignore some of the nobhead comments buddy stuff them
gloc_natee

Post by gloc_natee »

Rogerei wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:37 pm They're taking the PISS
feels like that and I was expecting a letter today for when I’m going back in but nothing. I’ve had to start applying just in case

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”