Does anyone know of any companies that give newly passed HGV 1 drivers a start, Romford Essex, I have 14 months HGV

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
HOSHINN

Does anyone know of any companies that give newly passed HGV 1 drivers a start, Romford Essex, I have 14 months HGV

Post by HOSHINN »

Does anyone know of any companies that give newly passed HGV 1 drivers a start, Romford Essex, I have 14 months HGV 2 experience but no one will touch me, I have got a job to start HGV 1 container work but I’ve got to take a pay cut to get the experience I need, any advice would be greatly appreciated, I’m being exploited here and there’s nothing I can do about it, what can I do? 😩
L1eenyonix

Re: Does anyone know of any companies that give newly passed HGV 1 drivers a start, Romford Essex, I have 14 months HGV

Post by L1eenyonix »

It’s down to how much you want it, I took a pay cut to move from class 2 to 1. The reality of it is not many people will give a new pass a chance so you need to take the experience when you can and not focus on the money.
phille

Re: Does anyone know of any companies that give newly passed HGV 1 drivers a start, Romford Essex, I have 14 months HGV

Post by phille »

If you can Iive on the pay cut take it, if not then don’t
Terriett01

Post by Terriett01 »

Why the need to drive class 1, if class 2 is paying more? I don't get it.
noblewa

Post by noblewa »

Terriett01 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:50 pm Why the need to drive class 1, if class 2 is paying more? I don't get it.
because most class 2 don't pay more 🤣 the wages are shocking across the board at the moment 🤣
Terriett01

Post by Terriett01 »

noblewa wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:51 pm
Terriett01 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:50 pm Why the need to drive class 1, if class 2 is paying more? I don't get it.
because most class 2 don't pay more 🤣 the wages are shocking across the board at the moment 🤣
really? The post says he earning more on class 2!!!!
noblewa

Post by noblewa »

Terriett01 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:51 pm
he maybe is but it's not across the board. I've seen class w jobs for £12p/H and others at £18p/H. Same goes for class 1
Kawcall

Post by Kawcall »

Try local Amazon truck companies
CalScree

Post by CalScree »

Kawcall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:52 pm Try local Amazon truck companies
after Peak. Amazon are cutting down the amount of trips they are giving to service partners. The company I work for takes on new drivers but won't at the moment as we have enough.
Christar

Post by Christar »

So, other than a pay cut you're not gaining much moving onto class 1 work? If you’re happy with the pay and commuting distance then I'd stay put. Driving an artic really isn't anything spectacular.
Cursonix

Post by Cursonix »

Christar wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:53 pm So, other than a pay cut you're not gaining much moving onto class 1 work? If you’re happy with the pay and commuting distance then I'd stay put. Driving an artic really isn't anything spectacular.
At the place I work class 1 earn £30 take home more a week than class 2 but do 12hrs a week more that’s why I went back to class 2 driving
AdaGrenada

Post by AdaGrenada »

I took a pay cut when I passed to go to a firm that only had 2 artics. I managed to get on one and got experience. Then after 8 months i moved for much better pay and shift pattern. If you can afford to take the cut then do it. Everyone will have their own opinions on it if what pays good etc and hours but it’s worth the experience.
Simex1448

Post by Simex1448 »

If you are looking at Turners they take on new passes but they don’t pay much. A fraction higher than min wage.
markess.man

Post by markess.man »

Simex1448 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:55 pm If you are looking at Turners they take on new passes but they don’t pay much. A fraction higher than min wage.
Which is why that sh*t hole of a company is to be avoided at all costs.
Iamoff

Post by Iamoff »

Try fedex they take new passes. Try these agencies workchane or
ProRec I got work with these 3 weeks after passing my class 1 in may. Good look
ladStware

Post by ladStware »

Try lidl or aldi if there is any warehouses around yours
Terriett01

Post by Terriett01 »

noblewa wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:52 pm
Terriett01 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:51 pm

he maybe is but it's not across the board. I've seen class w jobs for £12p/H and others at £18p/H. Same goes for class 1
I get that, but he is asking for him self not you. As I was asking him!

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”