Any one advise any jobs taking on newly passed please in Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area please. My partner has

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
LIZallano

Any one advise any jobs taking on newly passed please in Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area please. My partner has

Post by LIZallano »

My partner has passed his class 1 July last year but finding it so hard to get a job as they are wanting experience but no one is willing to give him the experience.

Any one advise any jobs taking on newly passed please in Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area please.
davLyfe

Re: Any one advise any jobs taking on newly passed please in Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area please. My partner has

Post by davLyfe »

Even people with year experience can't get jobs there's just to many drivers out there now...you just after keep trying..
souly-1586

Re: Any one advise any jobs taking on newly passed please in Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area please. My partner has

Post by souly-1586 »

There’s not too many drivers, there’s loads of work but you need experience.
I passed in November my class 1 and I’ve took a really tough 7.5ton job to get tacho experience.
I suggest you look at it as a long term career that requires steps. Start at bottom.
martin_star

Post by martin_star »

souly-1586 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:01 pm There’s not too many drivers, there’s loads of work but you need experience.
I passed in November my class 1 and I’ve took a really tough 7.5ton job to get tacho experience.
I suggest you look at it as a long term career that requires steps. Start at bottom.
It's the only way really. No transport owner will trust any new pass in a 44 ton rig. If they did, then l wouldn't want to work for them anyway.
souly-1586

Post by souly-1586 »

martin_star wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:02 pm
souly-1586 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:01 pm There’s not too many drivers, there’s loads of work but you need experience.
It's the only way really. No transport owner will trust any new pass in a 44 ton rig. If they did, then l wouldn't want to work for them anyway.
I’m on a 7.5 ton, just finished a 60 hour week double manning in a 4on4off shift.
It was brutal and see what people mean about multi dropping.
£16ph though 👍
ricmort

Post by ricmort »

depends on the area I was a new pass and did a 4 hour assessment at GxO and they offered straight away and also Maritime did and another container hauling company and I went from car to class 1 and have never worked class 2 and been 14 months the now so there is people out there
Jonzen18

Post by Jonzen18 »

souly-1586 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:02 pm
I’m on a 7.5 ton, just finished a 60 hour week double manning in a 4on4off shift.
£16ph though 👍
Not bad rate 2 up...
martin_star

Post by martin_star »

£16ph though 👍
l'm trying to do the same thing next year. I hope l can find a similar job to yours. Hope you're going well.
Olaffine

Post by Olaffine »

£16ph though 👍
more then 700 haulage companies gone this year and you are saying there loads of work. It is 💩 comparing previous years. This is the worst year in 8 years I came here. Lots of experienced drivers are struggling with work too.
Best way as new passed is hit the agencies. You will get experience on many different trucks and trailers, jobs etc
souly-1586

Post by souly-1586 »

Olaffine wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:05 pm

£16ph though 👍
more then 700 haulage companies gone this year and you are saying there loads of work. It is 💩 comparing previous years. This is the worst year in 8 years I came here. Lots of experienced drivers are struggling with work too.
Best way as new passed is hit the agencies. You will get experience on many different trucks and trailers, jobs etc
well in Leicester area tonight there’s 30+ jobs on class 2, even more on 7.5ton
And over 40 for ADR.
Why would I compare previous years, I passed 6 weeks ago and walked into a 7.5ton job after passing class 1. You need to read what I actually wrote
Markomed

Post by Markomed »

Ask the government they told him there woz a shortage out there then ask your self the same question no vacancys
SayersPro

Post by SayersPro »

Most people may disagree but stobarts take new starters stay for a year then pretty much ok for everywhere else ...that's how I got in
Urbacce

Post by Urbacce »

If you’ve gone car to class one your gunna struggle. I’ve been a instructor last 2 years got made redundant last month
28 years experience slim pickings wasn’t ever planning going back on rd. Find the jobs that pay the least ! More likely to offer you something. Do some rigid that’ll help
But main question is it gunna be worth it? Since I’ve been off rd overtime rate doesn’t seem to exist any more tend to be a flat rate, if you go agency there hour rate will flat and include ya hol pay
Have you tried ws loughbough
For £12 ph they carnt afford to be choosey.
Veolia heath st
Bulkfreight
Sherwoods
James baxter haulage they have a dvr trainer / mentor there 👍
lowee44me

Post by lowee44me »

It’s the situation every new driver has to go through to break into the job, all I can say is don’t give up and a door will eventually open, I can promise you.
nick4ummni

Post by nick4ummni »

Big companies like stobarts or culina, little ones won’t because of insurance it’s not all about being able to jump into a scania v8 from day one it won’t happen
Clarkee+Wrox

Post by Clarkee+Wrox »

https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=ddac82 ... 0LbzkdCdPP

Take on new pass and possible to move to class 1 when a spot becomes available.
geoovia

Post by geoovia »

ADR agency mate they do a lot for coop and gist
seMaxi58

Post by seMaxi58 »

I can’t speak for others but I always give new passes a chance, the only thing is the insurers request them to have a year under their belt. This doesn’t have to be a year of driving as they don’t ask that just a year of holding a license!
STUVASZE

Post by STUVASZE »

Turners at Ashbourne, they will take on new passes
aronto964

Post by aronto964 »

B. Taylor & Sons Transport Ltd huthwaite
annation

Post by annation »

He can apply for a job in Poland. Lower pay but after few months he can apply as an experienced driver in UK/IE. That’s what my husband did and it worked out. My husband couldn’t get a job in Ireland as he didn’t have an experience
martin_star

Post by martin_star »

I was talking to a HGV training company a few months ago. They don't recommend taking the C+E test unless you have the rigid licence, simply because most companies like to see a new driver work their way up. Same as any other career really, prove yourself worthy of advancement.
lowee44me

Post by lowee44me »

martin_star wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:18 pm I was talking to a HGV training company a few months ago. They don't recommend taking the C+E test unless you have the rigid licence, simply because most companies like to see a new driver work their way up. Same as any other career really, prove yourself worthy of advancement.
with respect mate your totally wrong a lot of companies will take on new c+e drivers because they they further train them up and don’t let them out on there own until they are happy with how they perform. My company have RoRo’s which cost around £140k a time new on the road new, so you need to know what your doing before your let loose on n your own. And a new unit & walking floor trailer is over £200k so it’s important for the obvious reasons to get trained up, new drivers are the future blood of the industry and firms realize this and you just have to keep looking to find them.
martin_star

Post by martin_star »

lowee44me wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:18 pm
martin_star wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:18 pm I was talking to a HGV training company a few months ago. They don't recommend taking the C+E test unless you have the rigid licence, simply because most companies like to see a new driver work their way up. Same as any other career really, prove yourself worthy of advancement.
with respect mate your totally wrong a lot of companies will take on new c+e drivers because they they further train them up and don’t let them out on there own until they are happy with how they perform. My company have RoRo’s which cost around £140k a time new on the road new, so you need to know what your doing before your let loose on n your own. And a new unit & walking floor trailer is over £200k so it’s important for the obvious reasons to get trained up, new drivers are the future blood of the industry and firms realize this and you just have to keep looking to find them.
Thanks for the information bud, l'll save this for the future. Seems like the hard bit is finding the right companies.
lowee44me

Post by lowee44me »

martin_star wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:19 pm
lowee44me wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:18 pm
Thanks for the information bud, l'll save this for the future. Seems like the hard bit is finding the right companies.
anytime you need help or advice just contact me, if I can help in any way I’m more than happy to.
Tinabale

Post by Tinabale »

Iv just passed my class 2 in November and everyone has been saying the same to me too!!
Iv joined an agency I’ll have a job on my local council bin trucks by the end of this month,
it’s gonna be experience for me
Tell him to ask his training company if they forward you to any agency’s, mine gave me a QR code for blue arrow, Iv not gone through them as my bin man gave me the agent he used to get in, I stood outside at 6 in the morning waiting for them 😂
peterzip

Post by peterzip »

Always been this way it's to do with insurance plus to many experienced drivers out of work my best advice is to try going round local company's face to face saying U will do anything even CLASS TWO or 7.5 ton to get foothold in the door maybe try local councils on bin wagons
lowee44me

Post by lowee44me »

peterzip wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:21 pm Always been this way it's to do with insurance plus to many experienced drivers out of work my best advice is to try going round local company's face to face saying U will do anything even CLASS TWO or 7.5 ton to get foothold in the door maybe try local councils on bin wagons
your right to s point in what you say but, most traffic offices are busy places and don’t have time to speak with cold callers walking in the office.
My company prefers people to email in with a cv because my TM makes time through the week to go through them and does reply to them all and will invite people in on a date and time. But I will except some smaller operations can deal with cold callers but like my company having 60 vehicles in just one depot it’s a bit different. 😜
Ian-Jacques

Post by Ian-Jacques »

Till your husband to try stobart's
reyalla

Post by reyalla »

Start on class 2 that's how I've started
jamietter

Post by jamietter »

My bf had to go on agency work till he gets enough experience
Liamarc01

Post by Liamarc01 »

Get some class 2 work in first for a little experience and he will have more luck
RosaBWith

Post by RosaBWith »

Only big companies like Culina, DHL...
steven.OOO

Post by steven.OOO »

Class 2 for 12 months and move on from there
arnobu82

Post by arnobu82 »

How far away are you from newark area as we may have an opportunity coming up wagon an drag on brick an block
tamaxin

Post by tamaxin »

Agency..class 2 then bullsh*t on to class 1
kathea

Post by kathea »

Same with my hubby hes a new pass and ant find a job in birton on trent area class 2 6 months experience and new driver class 1 can't find job anywhere
Younet

Post by Younet »

There desperate start we Agency it’s GXO or Xpo
Younet

Post by Younet »

There keen you do a written test. Driving hours etc.
Ryan.Laxr

Post by Ryan.Laxr »

Taylor’s jct 28 Mansfield my mate worked for them they’re shit to work for apparently really sh*t but they take basically anybody on
andros9

Post by andros9 »

A Norfolk trucking firm has gone into administration after it said demand had fallen for haulage services.
Lochace Ltd, trading as the Harleston-based Bomfords Group, will begin winding down today after more than 40 years in business another one, record number of haulage firms going bump since 2020.

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”