Evening gentlemen, Rumors says Amazon is getting its own units in the next future. Can hear it all over lately.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
AndryUrman

Evening gentlemen, Rumors says Amazon is getting its own units in the next future. Can hear it all over lately.

Post by AndryUrman »

Evening gentlemen, Rumors says Amazon is getting its own units in the next future. Can hear it all over lately. What’s your thoughts on it?
antageeDC

Re: Evening gentlemen, Rumors says Amazon is getting its own units in the next future. Can hear it all over lately.

Post by antageeDC »

Igor3icon wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:13 pmIT'S OVER
probably won't be over but they not gonna need as many subbies
AndRox

Re: Evening gentlemen, Rumors says Amazon is getting its own units in the next future. Can hear it all over lately.

Post by AndRox »

Amazon TAP yes some places in the UK have it already and seen advertising for managers on indeed
ohallo

Post by ohallo »

AndRox wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:14 pm Amazon TAP yes some places in the UK have it already and seen advertising for managers on indeed
where they looking for managers
AndRox

Post by AndRox »

ohallo wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:15 pm
AndRox wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:14 pm Amazon TAP yes some places in the UK have it already and seen advertising for managers on indeed
where they looking for managers
Warrington, Nottingham sure there was somewhere else
mawah

Post by mawah »

You have all ripped them off for to long now!! Amazon can do it cheaper good bye 👋
antageeDC

Post by antageeDC »

mawah wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:16 pm You have all ripped them off for to long now!! Amazon can do it cheaper good bye 👋
or Amazon ripped them off 😂
mawah

Post by mawah »

antageeDC wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:16 pm
mawah wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:16 pm You have all ripped them off for to long now!! Amazon can do it cheaper good bye 👋
yes probably more to the point 😂
antageeDC

Post by antageeDC »

mawah wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:17 pm
antageeDC wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:16 pm
yes probably more to the point 😂
anyway they are millionaires now can live long happy life 🧬😂
Cartoneyb

Post by Cartoneyb »

Amazon already have O Licences in place at all Distribution Centres & have done since last year, they can put their own drivers & tractors in place quickly if they have a competent compliance team which may be difficult for them.
winona

Post by winona »

They had 50 of there own units years ago
guylineos

Post by guylineos »

Why are you guys even talking about it?
Asking that questions cuz almost everyone have been moaning about them paying sh*t, so they have decided to pay themselves that sh*t money 🤷🏿‍♂️
mawah

Post by mawah »

guylineos wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:19 pm Why are you guys even talking about it?
Asking that questions cuz almost everyone have been moaning about them paying sh*t, so they have decided to pay themselves that sh*t money 🤷🏿‍♂️
it's that shxt they keep working for them 😂
guylineos

Post by guylineos »

mawah wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:19 pm
guylineos wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:19 pm Why are you guys even talking about it?
it's that shxt they keep working for them 😂
🤣😂
ionelixio

Post by ionelixio »

Amazon doesn’t need subcontractors anyway !!
Subcontractors needs Amazon…
incaRida

Post by incaRida »

I did work for them pre COVID and rates were good then the likes of slam and fly by night got involved and rates got rock bottom.
steven.OOO

Post by steven.OOO »

incaRida wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:21 pm I did work for them pre COVID and rates were good then the likes of slam and fly by night got involved and rates got rock bottom.
slam have done Amazon work since the start,,that's how they got so big so quick,,fly by nite only do Amazon work through slam at busy times, so nothing to do with slam/fbn and more to do with Amazon squeezing every last penny out of hard working hauliers
incaRida

Post by incaRida »

steven.OOO wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:22 pm
incaRida wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:21 pm I did work for them pre COVID and rates were good then the likes of slam and fly by night got involved and rates got rock bottom.
slam have done Amazon work since the start,,that's how they got so big so quick,,fly by nite only do Amazon work through slam at busy times, so nothing to do with slam/fbn and more to do with Amazon squeezing every last penny out of hard working hauliers
think you will find fly by night did it them self in COVID along with a few others.
steven.OOO

Post by steven.OOO »

incaRida wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:23 pm
think you will find fly by night did it them self in COVID along with a few others.
they did do it through COVID, I'm not disputing that ,all I'm saying is they are doing Amazon through slam, I am employed by fbn so I do have half a clue what I'm talking about, we do Amazon, royal mail and freshlink when the event's are quiet
incaRida

Post by incaRida »

steven.OOO wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:23 pm
incaRida wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:23 pm

they did do it through COVID, I'm not disputing that ,all I'm saying is they are doing Amazon through slam, I am employed by fbn so I do have half a clue what I'm talking about, we do Amazon, royal mail and freshlink when the event's are quiet
yeah I've done royal mail until last year they cut the rates down on that as well
lavory1760

Post by lavory1760 »

Why would they bother when so many morons transport their gear for pennies?
Daomen

Post by Daomen »

Let them carry on. Worst shit I've ever done, chock wheels drop airline tonne block in front of cab and still can't be in cab 🤣
mcMee1ider

Post by mcMee1ider »

The best thing to do with amazingly is stay well away. Even when you buy from them you pay more. It's a parasitic company.
manjitte

Post by manjitte »

Amazon has been buying trucks and trailers en masse for the past two years, this is no secret but here is the thing do Royal Mail not use 3rd party, do DHL, FedEx not use 3rd party - they all do, there will always be work for hauliers however, the rates are going to remain low for at least 2-3 years as the economy is suffering BADLY.

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”