As you might have guessed I'm still very new to driving lorries. I'm trying to plan my parking for the week tramping

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Clayo_Marcs

Re: As you might have guessed I'm still very new to driving lorries. I'm trying to plan my parking for the week tramping

Post by Clayo_Marcs »

Wish I could plan for week every day is different but you should only really plan your nights out on a day to day basis as jobs change so you would of spent all your weekend stressing and planning for something that might not happen there are plenty of parking groups that will help with parking when you need it just ENJOY your time at home 👍👍
Alexcy1169

Re: As you might have guessed I'm still very new to driving lorries. I'm trying to plan my parking for the week tramping

Post by Alexcy1169 »

Clayo_Marcs wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:28 pm Wish I could plan for week every day is different but you should only really plan your nights out on a day to day basis as jobs change so you would of spent all your weekend stressing and planning for something that might not happen there are plenty of parking groups that will help with parking when you need it just ENJOY your time at home 👍👍
I do Amazon work, I get the work a week in advance. Even if they cancel I know where I'll be next so I'd still be staying at a place already on the list 😀
Clayo_Marcs

Post by Clayo_Marcs »

Alexcy1169 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:28 pm
Clayo_Marcs wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:28 pm Wish I could plan for week every day is different but you should only really plan your nights out on a day to day basis as jobs change so you would of spent all your weekend stressing and planning for something that might not happen there are plenty of parking groups that will help with parking when you need it just ENJOY your time at home 👍👍
I do Amazon work, I get the work a week in advance. Even if they cancel I know where I'll be next so I'd still be staying at a place already on the list 😀
if you want to plan a week get on the parking groups and type in the search places to park you will get loads of different options to choose from mate just trying to help 👍
Alexcy1169

Post by Alexcy1169 »

Clayo_Marcs wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:28 pm
Alexcy1169 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:28 pm
if you want to plan a week get on the parking groups and type in the search places to park you will get loads of different options to choose from mate just trying to help 👍
truckfly seems to be okay especially for lay-bys, intruck is another good one but I also use Google maps and Earth
krupo_1954

Post by krupo_1954 »

It’s not completely all parking more about Bridges, but I hope it will help stay safe buddy👍
Alexcy1169

Post by Alexcy1169 »

krupo_1954 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:32 pm It’s not completely all parking more about Bridges, but I hope it will help stay safe buddy👍
thank you
Ne.Gonald

Post by Ne.Gonald »

HGV safe parking Facebook page is great.
Darsal

Post by Darsal »

every time you find a good spot to park, mark it on google maps so you can quickly find it again when needed 👌
Attachments
Map.jpg
Map.jpg (50.63 KiB) Viewed 201 times
Hik4view

Post by Hik4view »

Darsal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:34 pm every time you find a good spot to park, mark it on google maps so you can quickly find it again when needed 👌
you missing few in Glasgow
Darsal

Post by Darsal »

Hik4view wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:34 pm
Darsal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:34 pm every time you find a good spot to park, mark it on google maps so you can quickly find it again when needed 👌
you missing few in Glasgow
never really got to scotland until recently so i may need some in the future 👍
Alexcy1169

Post by Alexcy1169 »

SyOVINIO wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:36 pm This is what I used to use.
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/motorway- ... d532229243
for iPhone only 😬
SyOVINIO

Post by SyOVINIO »

Alexcy1169 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:36 pm
for iPhone only 😬
I think you can use it through a normal browser as well.
Alexcy1169

Post by Alexcy1169 »

SyOVINIO wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:37 pm
Alexcy1169 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:36 pm
for iPhone only 😬
I think you can use it through a normal browser as well.
I'll check it out, thanks
NickJr

Post by NickJr »

How do you know what you're doing for the week. I don't know what I'm doing day to day lol
Alexcy1169

Post by Alexcy1169 »

AlliBillion wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:38 pm Download truckfly your welcome
been using it for a bit, pretty good site 😀
1739_casho

Post by 1739_casho »

Why plan week lidels every Tom and Harry does aswell then likely will knock u back 4 hrs plan ahead uv a lot to learn pal sorry just given u a tits up
MoriosPers

Post by MoriosPers »

Download the “intruck” app you can set it to show you all parking locations not just snap account parking, wouldn’t advise planning a whole week mate, never ends up going right
Alexcy1169

Post by Alexcy1169 »

MoriosPers wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:40 pm Download the “intruck” app you can set it to show you all parking locations not just snap account parking, wouldn’t advise planning a whole week mate, never ends up going right
made it to my first one of the week 😂😂
MoriosPers

Post by MoriosPers »

Alexcy1169 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:40 pm
MoriosPers wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:40 pm Download the “intruck” app you can set it to show you all parking locations not just snap account parking, wouldn’t advise planning a whole week mate, never ends up going right
well done mate 👍🏻hope it stays on track for you bud
Alexcy1169

Post by Alexcy1169 »

MoriosPers wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:41 pm
Alexcy1169 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:40 pm
well done mate 👍🏻hope it stays on track for you bud
I didn't realise I had 3 places to go to 😂😂 just stopped off to sleep lol
Thanks dude 😎
kee9nental

Post by kee9nental »

I’ve only ever stayed out for a night at a time but I never forward think where I’m going to stop, you’ve got so many things that can happen within your day that changes the outcome.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”