Has anyone got/used specifically, tomtom 6250 professional? Was talking to a driver a fee days ago who was praising

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
sato_yance

Has anyone got/used specifically, tomtom 6250 professional? Was talking to a driver a fee days ago who was praising

Post by sato_yance »

Has anyone got/used specifically, tomtom 6250 professional?
Was talking to a driver a fee days ago who was praising it. I know a few lads who use it on the wagons but i wanted to know how it performs with coach driving?
I believe it is designed for coach/lorry and caravans.
sato_yance

Re: Has anyone got/used specifically, tomtom 6250 professional? Was talking to a driver a fee days ago who was praising

Post by sato_yance »

glenixel wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:56 pm If got one can't fault it
Seriously considering one, have used copilot (android app), which is designed for trucks really but you can put bus/coach dimensions in-sends you all over the place
glenixel

Re: Has anyone got/used specifically, tomtom 6250 professional? Was talking to a driver a fee days ago who was praising

Post by glenixel »

sato_yance wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:56 pm
Seriously considering one, have used copilot (android app), which is designed for trucks really but you can put bus/coach dimensions in-sends you all over the place
Ring tom tom up get a bit off discount off them
sato_yance

Post by sato_yance »

glenixel wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:56 pm
sato_yance wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:56 pm
Ring tom tom up get a bit off discount off them
will try that mate, been looking on amazon too
louis2ppe

Post by louis2ppe »

great sat nav ... instantly pics up traffic and diverts or offers alternative routes
David55

Post by David55 »

If you have an older model phone them. They will give discount. I am old school and love maps but my 6250 is dragging me into the modern world and so far done good.
TIMELLINE

Post by TIMELLINE »

David55 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:04 pm If you have an older model phone them. They will give discount. I am old school and love maps but my 6250 is dragging me into the modern world and so far done good.
Do you have send them your old one in px then ?
ShepRAY

Post by ShepRAY »

David55 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:04 pm If you have an older model phone them. They will give discount. I am old school and love maps but my 6250 is dragging me into the modern world and so far done good.
Bout time you got dragged david
David55

Post by David55 »

TIMELLINE wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:04 pm
Do you have send them your old one in px then ?
no. They just did deal over phone.
ChPink

Post by ChPink »

I have one and personally find it hard work compared to the old prodrive one I had
Their mapping was a thousand times better but something happened on the latest version and it lost all poi points and kept crashing hence replacement with Tom tom
OattesMR

Post by OattesMR »

ChPink wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:08 pm I have one and personally find it hard work compared to the old prodrive one I had
Their mapping was a thousand times better but something happened on the latest version and it lost all poi points and kept crashing hence replacement with Tom tom
I also find it hard compared to snooper but live traffic brilliant
Also could put different size coaches in snooper and save can only get 1 coach size on tomtom so need to either change or just leave largest vehicle you drive.
Maalines

Post by Maalines »

OattesMR wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:08 pm
ChPink wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:08 pm I have one and personally find it hard work compared to the old prodrive one I had
I also find it hard compared to snooper but live traffic brilliant
Also could put different size coaches in snooper and save can only get 1 coach size on tomtom so need to either change or just leave largest vehicle you drive.
I got 1 about month ago not bad piece of kit but it's not perfect I find the routes it picks not perfect and few weight limited roads missed I wouldn't sell the one I got but don't think I would recommend it
john.reffe

Post by john.reffe »

Can you run it through your earpiece
lee+rmyami

Post by lee+rmyami »

Ive got on it is spot on with all drop off and pick up points on it
OattesMR

Post by OattesMR »

lee+rmyami wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:10 pm Ive got on it is spot on with all drop off and pick up points on it
How do you manage that can’t get coach parking right without post code.
lee+rmyami

Post by lee+rmyami »

OattesMR wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:10 pm
lee+rmyami wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:10 pm Ive got on it is spot on with all drop off and pick up points on it
Its on the screen
lee+rmyami

Post by lee+rmyami »

OattesMR wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:10 pm
Looks like this
Attachments
Photo.jpg
Photo.jpg (130.49 KiB) Viewed 217 times
Hop6luread

Post by Hop6luread »

Have one, brilliant piece of kit. Well worth the money
john.reffe

Post by john.reffe »

Hop6luread wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:12 pm Have one, brilliant piece of kit. Well worth the money
Hop6luread

Post by Hop6luread »

john.reffe wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:12 pm
Hop6luread wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:12 pm Have one, brilliant piece of kit. Well worth the money
honestly don't know the answer to that. It does have bluetooth to connect it to your phone for call handling but I don't use that feature.
ChrrisMc

Post by ChrrisMc »

I've got one and can't fault it at all.
john.reffe

Post by john.reffe »

ChrrisMc wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:14 pm I've got one and can't fault it at all.
can you add different stops along the way
ChrrisMc

Post by ChrrisMc »

john.reffe wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:14 pm
ChrrisMc wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:14 pm I've got one and can't fault it at all.
can you add different stops along the way
Yes, it's a little involved but works well.
macMorrison

Post by macMorrison »

Cant fault it has saved me hell of time in diversions set route up on mobile send it too tomtom brilliant
EBBsteamou

Post by EBBsteamou »

The 6200 is DEFINITELY not the same as the 6250, I have both and the 6250 is better by a country mile. Both can be a bit sluggish when you are inputting searches or booting them up from cold but once running the 6250 is fantastic for road diversions and short cuts, it picks them up very fast and is spot on. After about six months my 6250 suddenly refused to switch on, I called TomTom and they sent me a new one without even asking for details of what went wrong. The new one came with a base and leads and they only asked for the old head unit back, they paid all the postage too.
john.reffe

Post by john.reffe »

EBBsteamou wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:16 pm The 6200 is DEFINITELY not the same as the 6250, I have both and the 6250 is better by a country mile. Both can be a bit sluggish when you are inputting searches or booting them up from cold but once running the 6250 is fantastic for road diversions and short cuts, it picks them up very fast and is spot on. After about six months my 6250 suddenly refused to switch on, I called TomTom and they sent me a new one without even asking for details of what went wrong. The new one came with a base and leads and they only asked for the old head unit back, they paid all the postage too.
Yeah but why is it taking me roads that I shouldn't be taking me in a coach
EBBsteamou

Post by EBBsteamou »

john.reffe wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:16 pm
EBBsteamou wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:16 pm The 6200 is DEFINITELY not the same as the 6250, I have both and the 6250 is better by a country mile. Both can be a bit sluggish when you are inputting searches or booting them up from cold but once running the 6250 is fantastic for road diversions and short cuts, it picks them up very fast and is spot on. After about six months my 6250 suddenly refused to switch on, I called TomTom and they sent me a new one without even asking for details of what went wrong. The new one came with a base and leads and they only asked for the old head unit back, they paid all the postage too.
Yeah but why is it taking me roads that I shouldn't be taking me in a coach
mine certainly does not. In fact, when I enter the coach dimensions in sometimes tells me that I can’t use a road that I know I have in the past.
At the end of the day it is an aid to driving, it should never be used to replace your knowledge and skills.
205-napiercann

Post by 205-napiercann »

It's expensive but it's the best out there
adrianMc

Post by adrianMc »

I have one and can't fault it one bit I was with one of my co workers the other day and it took round all the road works and arrives 1hr before he did. Don't worry we was only doing a battle of the sat navs as he said his Garmin was better then Tom Tom got myself £20 out of it aswell 🤣🤣
evanshi

Post by evanshi »

I’ve got one. Was hesitant to shell out that kind of money, but it’s been well worth it.
It’s got park my bus built in as well for coach parks etc, if you’re going somewhere you don’t know.
MatMinerz

Post by MatMinerz »

I can’t fault it! The 6250 professional, with the MyTomTom account allows you to plan your routes on your phone or computer and will send directly to the device when it starts up! The only fault I see in it, is it’s over protectiveness with height restrictions! I’ve done a route where I’ve had at least 0.3m clearance and it has tried to divert me! Also if you do a lot of European work or at least use DKV fuel cards, it has them all listed as poi so you’ll always find the right place to fuel up!
EBBsteamou

Post by EBBsteamou »

MatMinerz wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:19 pm I can’t fault it! The 6250 professional, with the MyTomTom account allows you to plan your routes on your phone or computer and will send directly to the device when it starts up! The only fault I see in it, is it’s over protectiveness with height restrictions! I’ve done a route where I’ve had at least 0.3m clearance and it has tried to divert me! Also if you do a lot of European work or at least use DKV fuel cards, it has them all listed as poi so you’ll always find the right place to fuel up!
I agree.... it does shy away from weight, width and height restrictions rather eagerly.
Being a T**t I now enter slightly undersize limits for the vehicle I am in..... no doubt I will come unstuck.
sato_yance

Post by sato_yance »

Thanks for the advice everyone, ordered one off amazon
palmat

Post by palmat »

I can't stand the new tomtom screen layout, I much prefer the older layout, I find the new 1 complicated, there was nothing wrong at all with the old 1
john.reffe

Post by john.reffe »

So guy's what do you use the satnav for do ye have the volume on as you can't run it through your earpiece.
Hop6luread

Post by Hop6luread »

john.reffe wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:21 pm So guy's what do you use the satnav for do ye have the volume on as you can't run it through your earpiece.
Never had the sound on, on any satnav I've owned. It's positioned so I can see it easy, never missed anything
ChPink

Post by ChPink »

Na follow graphics not that impressed
BuzzBarry

Post by BuzzBarry »

I have one for sale. Brand new in sealed box. £250 if you’re interested.
TIMELLINE

Post by TIMELLINE »

BuzzBarry wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:22 pm I have one for sale. Brand new in sealed box. £250 if you’re interested.
6250 ??
BuzzBarry

Post by BuzzBarry »

TIMELLINE wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:23 pm
BuzzBarry wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:22 pm I have one for sale. Brand new in sealed box. £250 if you’re interested.
6250 ??
apologies it’s the 6200. Only difference is it’s not got the lifetime traffic updates. It’s only got 12 months from registration. Then if you wish to continue you have to pay
rhob3stle

Post by rhob3stle »

Fab I've been looking at the 6250 too vs Snooper Bus & Coach and Garmin Dezl 580 LMTD. Anyone else looked at these too?
louis2ppe

Post by louis2ppe »

rhob3stle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:24 pm Fab I've been looking at the 6250 too vs Snooper Bus & Coach and Garmin Dezl 580 LMTD. Anyone else looked at these too?
garmin dont do a coach varient ...although the once set up properly it functions as well as the tomtom .. (i had a garmin truck nav) ... i found the snooper overly complex when i used another drivers
morganDx

Post by morganDx »

The 6250 is for bus/coach truck and van not caravan as TomTom has a caravan model the 6250 is good for traffic as it has a built in data sim and is the traffic is updated as it’s being used that’s the only good thing about it other than that study a proper map before heading on your journey

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”