OXFORD PARKING? Wait & Return tomorrow. What’s the free parking situation? Any suggestions? Dropping off in OX2.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
whanGo11

OXFORD PARKING? Wait & Return tomorrow. What’s the free parking situation? Any suggestions? Dropping off in OX2.

Post by whanGo11 »

Thanks!
redmanex232

Re: OXFORD PARKING? Wait & Return tomorrow. What’s the free parking situation? Any suggestions? Dropping off in OX2.

Post by redmanex232 »

Abingdon Road Park and ride is £10 for 24hours other than that it's laybys outside of Oxford for parking
whanGo11

Re: OXFORD PARKING? Wait & Return tomorrow. What’s the free parking situation? Any suggestions? Dropping off in OX2.

Post by whanGo11 »

redmanex232 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:45 pm Abingdon Road Park and ride is £10 for 24hours other than that it's laybys outside of Oxford for parking
does it need to be pre booked?
neill+herald

Post by neill+herald »

whanGo11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:45 pm
redmanex232 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:45 pm Abingdon Road Park and ride is £10 for 24hours other than that it's laybys outside of Oxford for parking
no.
redmanex232

Post by redmanex232 »

whanGo11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:45 pm
no I turned up and paid on Ringo a few weeks ago, I believe you can pay at a machine as well from what one of the other drivers was saying
doggettyOr

Post by doggettyOr »

Lay-bys on ring road between Cowley and Headington
LyonosRRay

Post by LyonosRRay »

Bardwell Road and the surrounding streets have great big bay's you can park in. I park around there everytime.
carolos_panet

Post by carolos_panet »

Redbridge coach park Old Monmouth pub 8 mins walk does all day breakfast and A Tesco across the road
kevinn.cannd

Post by kevinn.cannd »

Industrial est down past station. Coach bays are free. Single yellows 12pm til 8 am Monday. Plenty of eateries within a 10 min walk along the tow path.
whanGo11

Post by whanGo11 »

kevinn.cannd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:53 pm Industrial est down past station. Coach bays are free. Single yellows 12pm til 8 am Monday. Plenty of eateries within a 10 min walk along the tow path.
any chance you can send me a Google Maps link to these bays, or describe exactly where they are? I can’t seem to find them.
kevinn.cannd

Post by kevinn.cannd »

whanGo11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:54 pm
kevinn.cannd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:53 pm Industrial est down past station. Coach bays are free. Single yellows 12pm til 8 am Monday. Plenty of eateries within a 10 min walk along the tow path.
any chance you can send me a Google Maps link to these bays, or describe exactly where they are? I can’t seem to find them.
Industrial est past station. Given you enough clues.Dont mind helping drivers but do some homework!
Too many drivers now just ask wheres this, send a link.
Didn't happen when I started. Make sure you know the route, drop off etc, before you leave. Many accidents have been caused because of replying on fb.
It's very easy to find, IF you look!
whanGo11

Post by whanGo11 »

kevinn.cannd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:54 pm
whanGo11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:54 pm
Industrial est past station. Given you enough clues.Dont mind helping drivers but do some homework!
Too many drivers now just ask wheres this, send a link.
Didn't happen when I started. Make sure you know the route, drop off etc, before you leave. Many accidents have been caused because of replying on fb.
It's very easy to find, IF you look!
Been looking on Google Maps and couldn’t see any coach bays. Turns out those lay-bys are covered by trees on Satellite view.
Link here for anyone else who needs help (look in Streetview):
https://www.google.com/maps/place/51%C2 ... ?entry=ttu
paumentCM

Post by paumentCM »

You can't access ind.est. from the station. Railway bridge is closed until October!
kevinn.cannd

Post by kevinn.cannd »

paumentCM wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:56 pm
You can't access ind.est. from the station. Railway bridge is closed until October!
I was giving a landmark for the parking. Not a route.
I could be driving an 8ft high mini bus. You could be in a 4mtr decker...
paumentCM

Post by paumentCM »

kevinn.cannd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:57 pm
of course you were!
kevinn.cannd

Post by kevinn.cannd »

paumentCM wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:57 pm

of course you were!
read it.
paumentCM

Post by paumentCM »

kevinn.cannd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:58 pm
paumentCM wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:57 pm

of course you were!
read it.
I did, "down past the station" is more like a route than a landmark in my humble opinion. FYI, you can still access the ind. est. from Botley Rd, come off A34 at A 420 junction.
Tomy.certo

Post by Tomy.certo »

Redbridge Park and ride pay on ringgo I was there Sunday
GeorrGerman

Post by GeorrGerman »

Free parking - find a bus stop that hasn't got a sign on it saying "no stopping except for LOCAL buses"....
whanGo11

Post by whanGo11 »

GeorrGerman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:01 pm Free parking - find a bus stop that hasn't got a sign on it saying "no stopping except for LOCAL buses"....
no mention of LOCAL. Should be alright?
Attachments
Photo.jpg
Photo.jpg (94.39 KiB) Viewed 93 times
GeorrGerman

Post by GeorrGerman »

whanGo11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:01 pm
GeorrGerman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:01 pm Free parking - find a bus stop that hasn't got a sign on it saying "no stopping except for LOCAL buses"....
yeahhh that's fine, all PCV's are classed by the Gov website as buses so you'll be alright. Might just get one or two moaning at you
whanGo11

Post by whanGo11 »

GeorrGerman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:02 pm
yeahhh that's fine, all PCV's are classed by the Gov website as buses so you'll be alright. Might just get one or two moaning at you
I know Oxford can be funny about this sort of thing hence the cautiousness!
GeorrGerman

Post by GeorrGerman »

whanGo11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:02 pm

I drive up bus lanes and use bus stops all the time in a coach, as long as it doesn't say local you're golden. But if you can park out of the way somewhere that's preferable
whanGo11

Post by whanGo11 »

GeorrGerman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:03 pm

I drive up bus lanes and use bus stops all the time in a coach, as long as it doesn't say local you're golden. But if you can park out of the way somewhere that's preferable
yeah. Tbh whenever I go to places like Oxford/Cambridge I’m extra paranoid. They seem very anti Coach etc lol. Thanks for your advice.
GeorrGerman

Post by GeorrGerman »

whanGo11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:03 pm
GeorrGerman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:03 pm

yeah. Tbh whenever I go to places like Oxford/Cambridge I’m extra paranoid. They seem very anti Coach etc lol. Thanks for your advice.
definitely! Around Bristol you can get away with almost what you want 😂😂 hope you have a good day buddy
kevinn.cannd

Post by kevinn.cannd »

think you'll find if you park on that one you'll get a £100 ULEZ notice
whanGo11

Post by whanGo11 »

kevinn.cannd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:07 pm
ULEZ? Coach is Euro 6 - so ULEZ compliant
kevinn.cannd

Post by kevinn.cannd »

whanGo11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:08 pm
just go park down the estate like I said
Nice and quiet at weekends.
whanGo11

Post by whanGo11 »

kevinn.cannd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:09 pm
whanGo11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:08 pm

just go park down the estate like I said
Nice and quiet at weekends.
been doing some research whilst the tacho is on rest. So… if a VEHICLE is parked in a bus stop, a PCN can be issued under Contravention Code 47. The exemption to this is any vehicle with an PSV Operators disc in the window (as this by definition is a Bus).
The issue is, it’s such a grey area that us drivers aren’t always clear on this and neither are the enforcement officers.
Less hassle to park where you said, and thanks for advising on that location, but I’m literally 0.2 mile from my Departure point. I’ll let you know if I get a ticket.

Return to “Bus and coach drivers | General discussions”