Good evening all, just a enquiry to see if any drivers out there suffer back related issues, how do you cope? Any

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
LyPlerello

Good evening all, just a enquiry to see if any drivers out there suffer back related issues, how do you cope? Any

Post by LyPlerello »

Good evening all, just a enquiry to see if any drivers out there suffer back related issues, how do you cope? Any particular helpful aids or methods to make things easier? I had a MRI scan carried out showing one moderate and one minor bulging disc and general Degenerative Disc Diseases. Sorry not a more cheerful post but any advice appreciated. Many thanks. 🙏
garts1267

Re: Good evening all, just a enquiry to see if any drivers out there suffer back related issues, how do you cope? Any

Post by garts1267 »

Have a look online at a company called Backrest, I bought one when I was driving for a living and it was brilliant
garts1267

Re: Good evening all, just a enquiry to see if any drivers out there suffer back related issues, how do you cope? Any

Post by garts1267 »

The backrest is priced at just over £90 it was £67 when I bought mine.
garts1267

Post by garts1267 »

They are for sale on amazon but if you buy one direct from the manufacturer they might be cheaper
garts1267

Post by garts1267 »

Medesign backfriend solutions £64.95
Glen1unde

Post by Glen1unde »

Dont drive scanias no matter wich gen, they all give me back problems
vall+quantt

Post by vall+quantt »

Glen1unde wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:52 pm Dont drive scanias no matter wich gen, they all give me back problems
this!!!!
Glen1unde

Post by Glen1unde »

vall+quantt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:52 pm
Glen1unde wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:52 pm Dont drive scanias no matter wich gen, they all give me back problems
this!!!!
??
vall+quantt

Post by vall+quantt »

Glen1unde wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:53 pm
this!!!!
??
meaning I agree about not driving Scania’s
Glen1unde

Post by Glen1unde »

vall+quantt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:53 pm

this!!!!
??
im like a criple after a week in any scania wont take a job if id have to drive 1
vall+quantt

Post by vall+quantt »

vall+quantt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:53 pm

??
im like a criple after a week in any scania wont take a job if id have to drive 1
same here mate
carwo-gean

Post by carwo-gean »

yes scania seats are evil I live in one
ashm1onia

Post by ashm1onia »

Keep adjusting the seat through the shift. Saves things locking in one place and take more care to be straight when climbing into cab or onto deck etc. keeping things slow and steady helps a lot. Drive safe
pumaxi

Post by pumaxi »

Acupuncture works well for me. Also at the hospital been put on the "rack" and been pulled apart!
LyPlerello

Post by LyPlerello »

pumaxi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:55 pm Acupuncture works well for me. Also at the hospital been put on the "rack" and been pulled apart!
what is the rack?
pumaxi

Post by pumaxi »

LyPlerello wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:56 pm
pumaxi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:55 pm Acupuncture works well for me. Also at the hospital been put on the "rack" and been pulled apart!
what is the rack?
then lay you on a bed and strap your hips and chest. Then the machine pulls both in opposite directions and holds you like that for 30/40 mins.
LyPlerello

Post by LyPlerello »

pumaxi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:56 pm
what is the rack?
then lay you on a bed and strap your hips and chest. Then the machine pulls both in opposite directions and holds you like that for 30/40 mins.
does it help you?
pumaxi

Post by pumaxi »

pumaxi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:56 pm

what is the rack?
does it help you?
yes, they are the only 2 things that do. I even did the Funchal Restoration program, 4 weeks in hospital, but that did not help. I find DAF seats the worst!!!!
morzJunG

Post by morzJunG »

my Dad had acupuncture a few years ago with an ongoing shoulder problem. It absolutely sorted him out. He couldn’t believe it!!
michaero

Post by michaero »

I've been suffering for a year. Been to the chiropractor twice, he says it's probably a bulging disc. Been given some stretches, but nowts working so far. And yes I drive a Scania, Been driving this one 12 years!
black3an

Post by black3an »

Heated seat plus go out for a walk when parked up and walk around your trailer whilst loading, that helps me.
matFerdy

Post by matFerdy »

Stop after about 2hours driving and have a walk
BARKINBE

Post by BARKINBE »

Try mobility stretches bad back can be caused by tight hips /abductors
CARLOMATE

Post by CARLOMATE »

I got retired last year spinal consultant said no more driving trucks for you your spine is f**ked did me after 46 of trucking result don't miss it one bit
threll-2017

Post by threll-2017 »

I’ve got a crumbling disk and arthritis in my lower back, going to the gym actually helps. The thing that helps while driving is having my seat up high and tilted back and the back rest upright
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (126.42 KiB) Viewed 73 times
carwo-gean

Post by carwo-gean »

threll-2017 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:10 pm I’ve got a crumbling disk and arthritis in my lower back, going to the gym actually helps. The thing that helps while driving is having my seat up high and tilted back and the back rest upright
got same issue and that's how I have my seat
BarZero

Post by BarZero »

Never drive with anything in your back pockets like A wallet !!
Ditchem47

Post by Ditchem47 »

I got an Inflatable back support like a belt. Expands helps a lot. I have the same only 2 discs fused another in the move touching nerves this helps find them on amazon
1383-mcmon

Post by 1383-mcmon »

I suffer from cervical spondylosis in my spine I purchased a PAIN GONE PEN from Amazon it's orange in colour cost me just over £30 but they are brilliant place it in the point of pain and press the button for 30 seconds and it gets rid of the pain for quite a while you may have to use it a couple of times during the day but they definitely work.it sends electric shocks up your spine bit uncomfortable for 30 seconds but worth it

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”