Got abit of a question for all you knowledgeable fellers and felletes. I have recently been forced to leave a job

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
leChell5

Re: Got abit of a question for all you knowledgeable fellers and felletes. I have recently been forced to leave a job

Post by leChell5 »

garethom wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:18 pm
leChell5 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:17 pm Once you’re ready to go back to driving, order a new card. It will only go back as far as the date it’s valid from
not a bad shout. I'll be needing a new card this year as well anyway.
you misplaced/ lost your previous one. Pay your £19 and your good to go
farrepo

Re: Got abit of a question for all you knowledgeable fellers and felletes. I have recently been forced to leave a job

Post by farrepo »

leChell5 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:17 pm Once you’re ready to go back to driving, order a new card. It will only go back as far as the date it’s valid from
but you still would need records for the previous 28 days, so that wouldn't achieve anything
leChell5

Post by leChell5 »

farrepo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:19 pm
but you still would need records for the previous 28 days, so that wouldn't achieve anything
The card will only date back to when it was issued
farrepo

Post by farrepo »

leChell5 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:19 pm
farrepo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:19 pm
The card will only date back to when it was issued
I know, but you still require records for the previous 28 days, so ordering a new card archives nothing.
When he starts back with his current card he says no to manual entries and produces written records for the previous 28 days, of if he starts back with a new card he says no to manual entries and produces written records for the previous 28 days
jurain

Post by jurain »

Not really. You can do an attestation if you go back I believe
sprinGorks

Post by sprinGorks »

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (133.41 KiB) Viewed 42 times
garethom

Post by garethom »

sprinGorks wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:21 pm...
yeah, thats the problem, I don't work for that company any more. I'm working for a different company, and I won't be driving either. At least as a minimum for 6 weeks
sprinGorks

Post by sprinGorks »

garethom wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:22 pm
sprinGorks wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:21 pm...
yeah, thats the problem, I don't work for that company any more. I'm working for a different company, and I won't be driving either. At least as a minimum for 6 weeks
What you need to do is on the back of a digi roll keep a record of your weekly activities. I.e,
WC 04-03-2024
Warehouse duties 45 hours.
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (125.28 KiB) Viewed 39 times
brooksh

Post by brooksh »

I'd rather just pay a fine than do 28 detailed manual entries. It takes a sad, lonely man to sit there and do that I'm telling you...
DaveKin

Post by DaveKin »

I haven't driven HGV since October, and very unlikely I will do again unless I can win an appeal against revocation, no chance I'll be doing a manual entry for all the time I've been off. If you're off the road for medical reasons, surrender your licence as opposed to telling DVLA and letting them revoke it. It's quicker to get back on the road that way, as you just reapply for your licence, and while they investigate you can drive under Section 88. If they revoke it, when you reapply you can't drive until they've finished their investigations.
garethom

Post by garethom »

DaveKin wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:24 pm I haven't driven HGV since October, and very unlikely I will do again unless I can win an appeal against revocation, no chance I'll be doing a manual entry for all the time I've been off. If you're off the road for medical reasons, surrender your licence as opposed to telling DVLA and letting them revoke it. It's quicker to get back on the road that way, as you just reapply for your licence, and while they investigate you can drive under Section 88. If they revoke it, when you reapply you can't drive until they've finished their investigations.
good to know, cheers
tayalfoTri

Post by tayalfoTri »

Only 28days before cause that’s how far back your tacho card goes
farrepo

Post by farrepo »

When you start back, either say no to a manual entry this will record the entire time the card was out as ? Which jeans unaccounted time, you then must make records for the previous 28 days, do not try to manually enter it, you won't do it and there's other legal ways to do it.
Personally I'd then do a printout for the shift that's just started, pull loads of paper out
1/2/24
0000 - 1400 rest
1400 - 1800 work
1800 - 1900 break
1900 - 2200 work
2200 - 2/2/24 1400 rest
1400 - 1800 work
1800 - 1900 break
1900 - 2200 work
2200 - 0000 rest
Etc
Then just make sure you go upto the time your card was inserted on the printout
Do you have set hours so it's easy or I use an app that I click in and out of on my phone to keep track of wages and my hours, it's called time recording app but only on android, then you have all the information there, or take pics of your clock cards if you use them
aubreeThere

Post by aubreeThere »

As you will be starting a new driving job on day 1 with new company. Manual entry from finish at current job to start of new 1. Everything else covered by current employment. So show start of weekly and end of weekly rest. Covers you for tacho break and shows starting with clean sheet. No errors that way. Part time drivers requirement does not apply to new starters. But if I was you I wouldn't bother the industry is screwed.
farrepo

Post by farrepo »

aubreeThere wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:29 pm As you will be starting a new driving job on day 1 with new company. Manual entry from finish at current job to start of new 1. Everything else covered by current employment. So show start of weekly and end of weekly rest. Covers you for tacho break and shows starting with clean sheet. No errors that way. Part time drivers requirement does not apply to new starters. But if I was you I wouldn't bother the industry is screwed.
that's incorrect, whenever you drive under the EU regulations you require records for the previous 28 days.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”