Quick one about interim licence application. Would this be a sufficient reason to be accepted? Additionally who

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
rohoneeth

Quick one about interim licence application. Would this be a sufficient reason to be accepted? Additionally who

Post by rohoneeth »

Quick one about interim licence application.
My client has asked me to make an application for him and since I also have 1 free slot remaining I've offered to be his TM.
He has accepted and I have just submitted the application today for 1 truck 1 trailer with all paperwork, news advert proof, financial etc complete to the fullest extent possible.
The client is now asking if we can make an interim licence. The reason is because he used to work with his partner under his partner's OL and LTD company. He is now splitting and was wondering if we could apply for an interim licence.
Would this be a sufficient reason to be accepted? Additionally who should I contact or what should I do in order to apply for an interim? I've been a TM for only 2 years and this is the first time I'm dealing with interims so thank you for your understanding. 🙂
Idolli

Re: Quick one about interim licence application. Would this be a sufficient reason to be accepted? Additionally who

Post by Idolli »

Don’t waste your money, keep the fee, they use the same process as to a full one, and it only fills the Xmas party pot, these are only good if your changing your operating centres, or expanding to another region, if new applications never held one before don’t bother.
wakart

Re: Quick one about interim licence application. Would this be a sufficient reason to be accepted? Additionally who

Post by wakart »

Idolli wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:25 pm Don’t waste your money, keep the fee, they use the same process as to a full one, and it only fills the Xmas party pot, these are only good if your changing your operating centres, or expanding to another region, if new applications never held one before don’t bother.
my experience also. Never had an interim on a new licence granted before the full application has gone through. As you say, variations usually are fine.
Thielday

Post by Thielday »

Idolli wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:25 pm Don’t waste your money, keep the fee, they use the same process as to a full one, and it only fills the Xmas party pot, these are only good if your changing your operating centres, or expanding to another region, if new applications never held one before don’t bother.
they refund you if you don’t get the interim so it’s always worth a shot.
Idolli

Post by Idolli »

Thielday wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:28 pm
an interim licence fee is non refundable.
Thielday

Post by Thielday »

Idolli wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:28 pm
I have had several Interim fees refunded when the full licence was granted without the interim.
roneed

Post by roneed »

if the interim is refused they refund the £68
wakart

Post by wakart »

Thielday wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:29 pm
Idolli wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:28 pm

I have had several Interim fees refunded when the full licence was granted without the interim.
I've never had a refund either 🤷‍♂️
pligwort

Post by pligwort »

Just not correct. I have had two granted if financial standing not quite there, with three months to prove.
krislou

Post by krislou »

You apply by contacting [email protected] and detail the reasons why, ie you have imenent work. they will respond asking fir the fee to be paid and so long as the financial standing and everything else is OK, then it will be issued. Most people that apply don't bother emailing the TC and they don't get processed, it's not enough to just pay the fee.
Idolli

Post by Idolli »

krislou wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:31 pm You apply by contacting [email protected] and detail the reasons why, ie you have imenent work. they will respond asking fir the fee to be paid and so long as the financial standing and everything else is OK, then it will be issued. Most people that apply don't bother emailing the TC and they don't get processed, it's not enough to just pay the fee.
they still have got to follow the diligence & process procedures as for the award of a full operator licence, so regardless of imminent work your wasting your money.
krislou

Post by krislou »

Idolli wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:31 pm
krislou wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:31 pm You apply by contacting [email protected] and detail the reasons why, ie you have imenent work. they will respond asking fir the fee to be paid and so long as the financial standing and everything else is OK, then it will be issued. Most people that apply don't bother emailing the TC and they don't get processed, it's not enough to just pay the fee.
they still have got to follow the diligence & process procedures as for the award of a full operator licence, so regardless of imminent work your wasting your money.
yes they have a process but they do not need to wait for the 21 days of A@D publication to start that process. They start it immediately if you apply for an interim. I have had some interim through for new licences in 10 days.
Idolli

Post by Idolli »

krislou wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:32 pm
yes they have a process but they do not need to wait for the 21 days of A@D publication to start that process. They start it immediately if you apply for an interim. I have had some interim through for new licences in 10 days.
I can only say what I’ve been told via the OTC, I’m well aware of there practices & procedures, it was originally a infil for existing businesses to carry on whilst changing ownership or moving to another region or for circumstances out of the original operators control, but it’s now evolved into more, personally in my opinion it needs to be more like it was before, when people had more patience, instead of trying to make a fast buck or two and carving up the marketplace.
markroon

Post by markroon »

Idolli wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:33 pm
krislou wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:32 pm

I can only say what I’ve been told via the OTC, I’m well aware of there practices & procedures, it was originally a infil for existing businesses to carry on whilst changing ownership or moving to another region or for circumstances out of the original operators control, but it’s now evolved into more, personally in my opinion it needs to be more like it was before, when people had more patience, instead of trying to make a fast buck or two and carving up the marketplace.
Correct, Roger Bone recently had an interim granted same day if I recall from Eastbourne of all places… Perhaps you’re not complaining enough…
andlaxr

Post by andlaxr »

Speak to your case worker, details will be on any correspondence. They will guide you through it
karlig

Post by karlig »

Don’t tell them about using on other OL, you not gonna be granted

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”